What's in the FedEx package (castaway)?

Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 01:40 pm
Similar to a question we once had about what is in the Queen's purse? What do you think is/was in the fedex package that Wilson's friend never opened?

There are theories, but it has never been disclosed...what do you think was in the package?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 3,708 • Replies: 12

Banana Breath

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 01:11 am
@Linkat,
SPOILER ALERT
It's not castaway, nor is it Castaway, it's Cast Away. That's an important distinction, not merely a spelling correction, as Tom's character felt he had been cast away. You should have a spoiler alert when you ask a question like this. Here's the official ending that was later cut from the final release.

http://youtu.be/xFWJqXtUbuw/
Linkat

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 07:00 am
@Banana Breath,
Can't view it - and stopped being so anal and enjoy life - this is meant as a funny.

Any way if it is the phone thingy - the producer already said it as a joke and stated that it really wasn't - the idea was to never know what was in the package. My question was for people to be creative with thoughts and not to be an a$$.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 07:07 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Similar to a question we once had about what is in the Queen's purse? What do you think is/was in the fedex package that Wilson's friend never opened?

I'm going dark here. Signed divorce papers and an active restraining order that likely expired years ago.
http://i57.tinypic.com/2qsusjn.jpg
Linkat

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 07:08 am
@tsarstepan,
There is a rumor involving divorce papers too - it has to do with the woman there at the end.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 07:25 am
This is the film Castaway.
http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m3vtdVYEm-G96zP2cm_GZHw.jpg

Tom Hanks isn't in it.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 07:37 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

There is a rumor involving divorce papers too - it has to do with the woman there at the end.

And I thought I was shooting blanks there. Shocked
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 08:10 am
@Linkat,
Wow, it's been a while but I thought it was a work of art. Didn't the movie start with the woman making something and packaging it up?

Edit: Clearly my memory is way off. Here's one link I found on the web.
Quote:

Why does the sign for the ranch say, "The Dick-Bettina Ranch" before Chuck get stranded on the island and then says, "Bettina Ranch" when he comes back?

A divorce occurs throughout the course of the film. At the start of the film (when the fed ex package was delivered to Russia), it was Dick with the cowboy hat who opened the door along with his Russian mistress. This gives a reasonable explanation for the divorce and the reason that the word "Dick" was removed from the ranch sign
0 Replies

Banana Breath

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 08:37 am
@Linkat,
Quote:
@Banana Breath,
Can't view it - and stopped being so anal and enjoy life - this is meant as a funny.

Any way if it is the phone thingy - the producer already said it as a joke and stated that it really wasn't - the idea was to never know what was in the package. My question was for people to be creative with thoughts and not to be an a$$.

If you didn't have bug up your butt and had actually seen the video I posted you would have known it was quite funny and that my posting was tongue-in-cheek. But alas, you are the one in need of a humor transplant; but the prospects are poor--the problem is likely to be the lack of donors. In any case, here's an alternative link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFWJqXtUbuw
chai2

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 09:41 am
bookmarking
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 10:24 am
@Banana Breath,
Sorry as I said I cannot view - I cannot view utube stuff.

Nothing personal - the dig was being anal about the spelling - I know already that izzy is anal so no bother to reply to that -
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 12:32 pm
I think it was the Professor's directions on how to build a telephone out of a coconut.

If he'd just opened it we would have had a very different movie.
Linkat

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 12:40 pm
@boomerang,
i like that one
0 Replies