Can I delete main account and use only the secondary account?

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 09:27 am
Hello, I am a Pastor and was told in the beginning I would need to create a personal account first then open another account for my church so I have done so, problem is people are responding directly to my personal account and I would need to direct them to the church account page. If I should cancel or deactivate my personal account would I still be able to use and administrate only the church account please? I would like to have only one account, the Church account so avoid the confusion.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 452 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 12:39 pm
@mikehende,
If you are talking about a Facebook page or group for your church, that group or page needs an administrator. That's you, your private account. You can adjust your privacy settings on Facebook by clicking the gear wheel in the upper right corner and following their directions (I won't post them here as Facebook tweaks this all the time).

If your parishioners have an issue with it, make sure to tell them that the private account is for you as an individual, whereas the church group or page is for church business. But don't be surprised if people still want to reach out to you directly. They may see it as being more private or more likely to get to you.
0 Replies