Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism?

dalehileman

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 12:17 pm
@High Strangeness,
Quote:
Ah, but the supernatural might simply be a "superscience" that scientists haven't figured out yet
Precisely High what I've been saying now for some 17 years but unable to get the idea across; else nobody else understands or cares

The pantheist might agree that She/He/It is supernatural or not depending on one's precise def tho we are unable yet to adequately defend our position

Quote:
particles themselves are not real; they form a world of potentialities or possibilities rather than one of things or facts"– Prof. Werner Heisenberg
The Prof is zeroing in on it
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 05:05 pm
@High Strangeness,
High Strangeness wrote:

Quote:
We must save our children from foolish belief in the supernatural.

Ah, but the supernatural might simply be a "superscience" that scientists haven't figured out yet..Smile
And new discoveries in quantum physics have cast into doubt what's real and what's not..Smile
"The quantum atoms or elementary particles themselves are not real; they form a world of potentialities or possibilities rather than one of things or facts"– Prof. Werner Heisenberg (Nobel Prize winner in Physics)

And watch some 'Double Slit Experiment' vids on youtube where the photons inexplicably seem to change their behaviour when scientists try to monitor them, as if they know they're being watched-
"If you can explain this using common sense and logic, do let me know, because there is a Nobel Prize for you.."- Jim Al-Khalili OBE, Professor of Theoretical Physics

Atoms do not threaten us with hell. Religions with supernatural Gods do.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 05:14 pm
@High Strangeness,
High Strangeness wrote:

Quote:
I am not in an order but I am a Gnostic Christian.
Christians decimated us in the distant past because we were free thinkers and told the truth about the Christian lies. Christians hate us today because we continue to do so.

I just googled 'gnostic christianity' and see that it's a mixed bag of beliefs, some of which are in line with standard christianity and some are not.
There's nothing to hate about them, they're just another cult with mixed belief bags like the JW's, Mormons, Rapturists, Fatalists, Catholics etc..Smile

A pity that the ancient Christians did not see it as you do.

There is very little in our thinking though that compares to Christian thinking.

All those religions you name believe in a salvific Jesus while we do not thing God to be prick enough to condemn us for being as he created us to be. We are Universalists in our thinking while not recognizing a supernatural God.

We, as in the Jewish oral tradition, put man above God. And why not as man has created all the Gods.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 12:33 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
What good has Philosophy ever done the human race?
Bran one can reasonably speculate that an interest could eg promote additional reading and maybe even deeper thought

0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 12:35 pm
@Smileyrius,
Quote:
We "brainwash" our children
Not all of us Smile

Quote:
should a parent teach....he can choose... he or she wishes
Sure why not
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 12:36 pm
@Wilso,
Quote:
...free to make their own decisions...

Good for you Wilso
0 Replies

saw038

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 07:41 pm
@Greatest I am,
Education based upon empirical evidence should be separate from religion. You can both believe in evolution and be a religious person. But school is not designed to make people into people of religion; it is designed to produce individuals of pragmatism, science and logic.

These may or may not contradict religious views, but those discussions should not be a part of the educational system, for that is not their purpose.
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2016 11:17 am
@saw038,
saw038 wrote:

Education based upon empirical evidence should be separate from religion. You can both believe in evolution and be a religious person. But school is not designed to make people into people of religion; it is designed to produce individuals of pragmatism, science and logic.

These may or may not contradict religious views, but those discussions should not be a part of the educational system, for that is not their purpose.

I agree but would add that the education system is there to also inform about history and that a comparative religion and history course that shows that most religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds would go a long way in showing the religious just what the mainstream religions are all about.

Regards
DL
0 Replies