How can I stop wanting guys to look at my body?

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 01:02 pm
I'm a 19 year old female and I struggle with wanting guys to notice my body. I don't wear clothes that reveal skin but sometimes I wear clothes that flatter my figure hoping they'll notice. Even in church I want them to notice me sometimes. Girls have often complimented or paid attention to my figure but guys not so much, which I want more of. I feel wrong for thinking like this because lusting after people is sinful and I don't want to lead guys to sin, but at the same time I feel like I'm not attractive if guys don't look at my body or lust after me. I know people say that if guys look at girls in that way then it's treating her like a sexual object, but I'd find that quite flattering. When girls complain about getting that attention I think they're lucky they get it. Do any other Christian girls feel like this (or guys wanting girls to look at their bodies)? And even if you don't, could you give me any advice on how to stop feeling like this? Thanks! Smile

fresco

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 01:17 pm
@IWantToBeCloserToGod,
One of the main social functions of religion is to attempt to regulate inherited (natural) animal sexuality because humans uniquely worry about "consequences". Your "problem" is merely a facet of that fact.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 01:20 pm
@IWantToBeCloserToGod,
Please never stop.
saab

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 01:22 pm
@IWantToBeCloserToGod,
I knew a Danish lady, who at her 85th birthday was interviewed and one question was something like this:"When does a woman stop wanting a manĀ“s attention?
And she anwered "I do not know - ask someone who is older than I"

Mentioning you are a Christian girl is just trying to tell the rest of us you are a better person. This has nothing to do with being a Christian or not.
IWantToBeCloserToGod

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 02:08 pm
@saab,
I didn't mention I was a Christian for the reason you're saying at all. I mentioned it because I feel wrong for feeling like this because of my Christianity, and I wanted to know how to stop it because I feel like I'm sinning. I initially thought this was a Christian Q&A website because I was searching on Google for Christian websites and this came up, so I created an account.
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 02:12 pm
@IWantToBeCloserToGod,
If young people finding themselves physically attracted to other young people is sinning, according to your religion, then I feel sorry for you.

Personally, I would chill out and enjoy life while you're young, as it passes by in a flash.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 02:13 pm
@IWantToBeCloserToGod,
Have you considered the possibility that your Christianity is wrong?

(This is a general website. There are some Christians here, but everyone is welcome).
Wilso

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 02:29 pm
@IWantToBeCloserToGod,
You feel wrong because of the indoctrination you've suffered. And make no mistake, you've been thoroughly indoctrinated. There's NOTHING sinful about wanting to feel attractive. Maybe you could make this the first step in repairing the damage the brainwashing has caused.
fresco

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 02:33 pm
@maxdancona,
Threats to "the immortal soul" are perhaps like using a sledgehammer to crack nuts ! Wink
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 02:45 pm
I like looking at the female form, and I love it when women want me to notice. The skimpier and more provocative the better usually.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2014 09:06 am
You want attention, so admit it. (nothing wrong with that)

The problem is you think it will come from your body.

That's not the way it goes (or SHOULD go)

Be friendly, interesting and dress appropriately. That will attract a guy who appreciates YOU, not just your body.

(PS Being a Christian has nothing to do with all this, except feed your guilt.)

maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2014 09:08 am
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
You want attention, so admit it. (nothing wrong with that)

The problem is you think it will come from your body.

That's not the way it goes (or SHOULD go)

How sweet Punkey! This advice is wrong, of course, but it is very sweet.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2014 04:40 pm
@maxdancona,
Exactly. Use what you have. This is a great life lesson, it is always good advice.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 05:37 pm
Did you guys even READ her first line?

"I'm a 19 year old female and I struggle with wanting guys to notice my body."

Then there was:
" I feel like I'm not attractive if guys don't look at my body or lust after me."

Poor girl . . .

Wilso

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 05:59 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Did you guys even READ her first line?

"I'm a 19 year old female and I struggle with wanting guys to notice my body."

Then there was:
" I feel like I'm not attractive if guys don't look at my body or lust after me."

Poor girl . . .

Her and a couple of billion others.
Germlat

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 06:04 pm
@IWantToBeCloserToGod,
Give it a few years then it'll happen naturally ..enjoy it for now....why the hell not! If you zone in on the competition...it always will get stiffer and stiffer...depending on the clientele. If you're really hot you'll make it to Victoria's catalog...if not don't give it away...you'll just be another dumb ho.
Germlat

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 06:19 pm
@Wilso,
For all those impaired out there...have you ever heard of a CATFISH ? Who would post this seriously? A good looking gal has no time.
Germlat

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 06:53 pm
@Wilso,
I wasn't referring to you ...just in case I wasn't specific enough. You obviously get it.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 08:00 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

For all those impaired out there...have you ever heard of a CATFISH ? Who would post this seriously? A good looking gal has no time.

I dont have time to make a list but here is one.

1) a young girl from a majority Muslim country.
Germlat

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 08:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Germlat wrote:

I dont have time to make a list but here is one.

1) a young girl from a majority Muslim country.

Can there not be muslim catfish?? Why not? All you need is a computer.