my USB devices won't work

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 12:11 pm
About 5 months ago I updated my laptop at Windows Update after the update my drivers wont work. New devices isn't recognized and my modem won't work either.Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1 64-bit operating system.The modem is R.A 7.2Mbps HSDPA USB Stick. It says "the device has no response. Please reinsert and try again" when I insert the modem. Restarting the laptop doesn't help.Thanks hope u can help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 5,944 • Replies: 10
No top replies

engineer

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 12:25 pm
@Jackass911,
You likely need to reinstall the drivers for your USB hub. I would go to a tech help forum for more help.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 12:56 pm
Here are Microsoft tips for problems with USB devices:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/tips-for-solving-problems-with-usb-devices

The most likely problem is a driver issue as was already mentioned.
0 Replies

VijayRaj

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 06:02 am
Hi Jackass,

its seem that your new device is not compatible with old drivers, its a normal issues between drivers and devices. so, you have to install the latest drivers for your laptop or desktop for USB issues or PCI issues. as windows OS drivers also may be one of the case for having such issues.
0 Replies

shanewilsonjr

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2015 04:46 am
@Jackass911,
May be your USB device is corrupted ! Have you tried it on other Laptops ! Have you tried plugging any other USB device to your Laptop ! May be shutting down the laptop & disabling the power supply for some time & restarting can load certain drivers, it does work in a normal PC not shure if will work for your laptop !
You shure can give it a try !
0 Replies

RoyceMackenzie

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 07:44 am
@Jackass911,
Go to the modem's vendor website and download their latest software driver for your OS.
0 Replies

NehaSharma9776

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 01:33 am
First of all check your USB driver rather its is properly install or not, or else import external USB card.
0 Replies

infodavidwatson

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 06:37 am
Try reinstalling the USB port drivers. Here's how:

Just to be safe, create a restore point. In the Start menu's Search field, or in Windows 8's Search charm, type restore point, and select Create a restore point. Click the Create button and follow the prompts. Don't continue until the restore point has been created.
Close all running programs.
Open Device Manager. In the Start menu's Search field, or in Windows 8's Search charm, type device, and select Device Manager.
Once in Device Manager, go to the Universal Serial Bus controllers section.
Right-click the first listing and select Uninstall. Repeat for all of the others.
Thank you..Answer Helpful..
0 Replies

Maxbond

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 07:17 am
If you're use the oldest version of the driver then this issues is occured with your usb devices.To solve this problem you can reinstall a latest version of drivers on your pc or laptop.
0 Replies

jerfrank

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2015 02:25 am
@Jackass911,
maybe you need to change a drivers download software to helps you. Sometimes, Windows Update will not recoginse the right hardware devices, and there are some software (free and paid) can do this.
0 Replies

jamesvasquez

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 03:59 am
I think your new usb device is not suitable with old version drivers .So that it is better to set new drivers which is suitable with your new usb devices.There are so many sites provide information about new drivers.Please check it,and make it clear soon
0 Replies