Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 05:32 pm
It's been suggested that for the purposes of identification individuals who plan on committing acts of violence tonight should display their name tags, badges and law enforcement i.d.'s.

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 05:38 pm
The reporters are drooling. Ferguson cops are salivating. Thanksgiving week festivities . .
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 06:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's Americana like apple pie. Mr. Green

Or, should that be pumpkin pie? LOL
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 08:07 pm
Woman says, 'We're ready for Ferguson,” accidentally shoots self in head
fox13now.com - ‎6 hours ago‎
ST. LOUIS, Mo. - A woman appears to have accidentally fatally shot herself in the head with a gun bought to prepare for possible Ferguson-related unrest, according to sources briefed on the police investigation. The shooting occurred Friday night in ...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 08:10 pm
FERGUSON, Mo. -- A white police officer will not face charges for fatally shooting an unarmed black teenager in a case that set off violent protests and racial unrest throughout the nation, an attorney close to the case said Monday night.

A St. Louis County grand jury declined to indict officer Darren Wilson, 28, for firing six shots in an August confrontation that killed 18-year-old Michael Brown, said Benjamin Crump, an attorney for the family. The decision had been long awaited and followed rioting that resembled war-zone news footage in this predominantly black suburb of St. Louis.

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon, a Democrat, called for calm after calling up National Guard troops to stand by in case of unrest. Speaking before the decision was announced, he urged that "regardless of the decision, people on all sides show tolerance, mutual respect and restraint.''

Crowds gathered around the Ferguson police headquarters in anticipation of the announcement at the courthouse in Clayton, Mo., another St. Louis suburb.

The 12-person grand jury had been considering whether probable cause existed to bring charges against Wilson, 28, the white officer who fatally shot Brown, an 18-year-old black man, after their Aug. 9 confrontation. The shooting inflamed tensions in a largely minority community that is patrolled by an overwhelmingly white police force.

Brown's lifeless and bleeding body lay for more than four hours in a Ferguson residential street after the shooting, prompting dismay and anger as a crowd gathered. Protests turned into rioting and looting the following night, and police responded with armored vehicles and tear gas, triggering a nationwide debate over police tactics.

The 12-person grand jury, including nine whites and three African Americans, had been meeting in secret for months, hearing evidence and weighing whether Wilson's should face charges that could have ranged from involuntary manslaughter to murder.

Brown's family joined thousands of protesters to demand Wilson's arrest. As anger at official inaction grew following Brown's death, protesters clashed with police, who began patrolling the streets with military-grade weapons and armored vehicles.

Wilson has been on paid leave and largely invisible since the shooting.

While the grand jury met in secret to hear evidence in the case, two starkly different versions of the events leading to the shooting emerged in media accounts.

Police have said a scuffle broke out after Wilson asked Brown and a friend to move out of the street. Wilson told investigators he shot Brown only after the teenager reached for the officer's gun. Some witnesses

said Brown had run away from Wilson, then turned and raised his hands in the air in a gesture of surrender before he was shot in the head and chest.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/24/ferguson-grand-jury-deliberations/19474907/
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 08:40 am
I'm not a guy who hates police. I never have been. Even in the 60's as a ground breaking hippie in Lynchburg Va. I never called the police pigs or any of that. I do believe that certain police are pigs, just as certain people from all walks of life are. that's an unfortunate fact. This dick though, "He was younger and stronger and he'd hit me in the face twice" Man up asshole, you're 6'1" 210 lbs. and a couple of punches to the face from a guy SLIGHTLY bigger than you (3 inches 50 lbs.) and you pull out your gun and shoot him 12 TIMES???? You ******* pussy. Did you not consider that when you became a police officer you might get into an altercation with someone occasionally and did you not consider they might be bigger than you once in awhile? I'm 5'7" and didn't break a hundred lbs. until I was 25 and believe me if I had shot everyone who was bigger than me and given me an ass whipping in my life the cemetaries would be overflowing with bodies, and I'm not in any sort of position that requires me to keep a cool head and not be an overreacting dipshit. Sorry Wilson, you need to quit the force and maybe sell ladies unmentionables at Macy's or something more suited to you. Having said all that, I realize this Brown kid was no angel. Taser him, great. Shoot him once in the leg, great. Put him jail , great. Shoot him 12 times.? get real.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 09:04 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
My mistake. I referred to Wilson as 6'1". By his own testimony he is also just under 6'4"
https://twitter.com/csmcdaniel/status/537123615393603584/photo/1
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 07:14 am
I received a long, condescending nasty private message from Hawkeye 10 regarding this thread. I especially found one particular portion of it revealing, and I'll quote Hawkeye here. He wrote

"If this nigger or anyone else punches a cop, tries to disarm a cop, then I hope he is collected without harm and put in a prison for a long time. But if he ends up dead I am OK with that too. We cant save everyone, the stupid violent ones can go first."

Hawkeye, if you're going to be a tough bad ass racist, don't do it in a private message. Put it out there for everyone to see. Grow a pair, Miss Thing.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 09:42 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
First of all, it's great to see that it's not only us minorities who understand discrimination and racial profiling. I thank you for that, because you bring to these forums the 'right kind of thinking' that understand what bigotry is all about.

No cop has to shoot anyone 12 times to make their point. He was there to kill; not to stop any crime.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 11:28 am
I see all the posts on here are getting voted down. Shocker. Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 03:43 pm
Singer Garth Brooks has canceled a Thanksgiving appearance on NBC's "Tonight" show because he said it "seemed distasteful" given the reaction to the decision not to prosecute Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson for the shooting of Michael Brown this summer.

NBC on Wednesday confirmed the postponement, saying Brooks was being replaced on the show by Whoopi Goldberg and Tom Colicchio.

Brooks wrote on his Facebook page that he landed in New York on the night the grand jury's decision was announced "to the news of the civil unrest that was going on in our nation. To spend the day promoting our stuff like nothing was wrong seemed distasteful to me."

He offered to reschedule. There was no immediate comment from his spokesperson about what other appearances were canceled.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 03:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
A 26 year old rookie cop killed a 12 year old black kid because he had a bb gun.

This would never have happened if the kid was white.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 03:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
There are so many examples of this, I am surprised the protests are not a year around thing. The guy blown away in Walmart because he happened into the toy department and started fooling with a toy gun is still very fresh in my mind. There are local stories over many years I've collected in my memory that still leave a bad taste in my mouth.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 04:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

A 26 year old rookie cop killed a 12 year old black kid because he had a bb gun.

This would never have happened if the kid was white.

Riiiiight.

Quote:
A Georgia police officer won’t be charged in the fatal shooting of a teenager holding a video game controller — even though a previous grand jury found the use of force was not authorized.

A grand jury in Bartow County declined to indict Cpl. Beth Gatny, of Euharlee police, in the February shooting death of 17-year-old Christopher Roupe.

Police said the teen pointed a gun at one of them Feb. 14, when officers knocked on the door of his family’s mobile home to serve a warrant to Roupe’s father on a probation violation.

Gatny said she heard “what she believed to be the action of a firearm” before the door was opened and drew her own weapon, which she fired after the teen opened the door holding what she believed was a pistol.

Family members, however, said the boy was holding a Nintendo Wii game controller.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/no-charges-for-ga-cop-with-questionable-past-in-fatal-shooting-of-teen-holding-wii-controller/

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article3167585.ece/alternates/s615/Christopher-Roupe.jpg
Wilso

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 04:43 pm
I heard parts of the interview with this guy. We're supposed to believe that someone with no history of violence, who was soon to attend college (and I haven't heard anything from autopsy reports about drug affects), suddenly turned into a hulk hogan type animal, who needed to be shot 12 times. I call "absolute ******* bullshit", you lying, murdering ****.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 05:23 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

I heard parts of the interview with this guy. We're supposed to believe that someone with no history of violence, who was soon to swindled by a for profit college (and I haven't heard anything from autopsy reports about drug affects), suddenly turned into a hulk hogan type animal, who needed to be shot 12 times. I call "absolute ******* bullshit", you lying, murdering ****.

fixed
Quote:
Had Michael Brown not have been shot to death by a police officer, he might have had his financial future ruined by the college he was about to attend. It has been widely reported that Brown had enrolled at for-profit Vatterott College, although the school has declined to confirm that information. Vatterott, whose investors include Mitt Romney, has a history of deceiving and abusing students.

Brown reportedly told friends he was excited to attend Vatterott, where he wanted to train to be an air conditioning technician. But while some for-profit schools do well at preparing students for careers, many others excel mostly at advertising and recruiting -- getting students excited to enroll -- but are much less good at training them or placing them in jobs. Students at such schools, whose tuitions are generally much more expensive than state colleges, often end up with overwhelming debt -- tens of thousands in student loans they cannot hope to repay.

There is evidence to suggest that Vatterott is that kind of school.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/davidhalperin/what-college-was-michael_b_5719731.html

It is not like this was a real college, anyone who get get federal money can get in, and when they leave they tend to not be much better able to get a job then before they started, and they have loans to pay off. To say that Big Mike was college bound is a deceptive statement.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 05:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
You're diverging from the primary issue again; this is not about college registration. You're in no position to determine the worthiness of any college; the state education board has that responsibility.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 07:54 pm
MESA COUNTY, CO -- A man who says he was just trying to "lighten the holiday spirit" is now facing serious charges. His crime: Pointing a banana at police.

The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel reports Nathen Rolf Channing, 27, was arrested after he pointed a banana at police officers. Police initially thought the banana was a gun.

According to part of an arrest affidavit released to KDVR-TV, Mesa County deputies Joshua Bunch and Donald Love said they feared for their lives after they "observed what appeared to be a yellow tube with a black center."

"Nathen drew the object in the same manner someone would draw a standard handgun from a concealed holster," Bunch stated in the affidavit, saying both he Love thought the banana was a gun.

Deputy Love then began to draw his service weapon when Channing yelled, "It's a banana!"

Bunch wrote in the affidavit that he has seen handguns in many shapes and colors and was following his training.

The deputies say Channing told them he was doing a trial run for a planned YouTube video and he thought it would be a "funny joke." It may be a joke that went too far. Channing now faces two counts of felony menacing. A conviction could get him three years in prison and a fine of up to $100,000.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Map My News

There is no picture of the man, but he about has to be white, to live through that.
0 Replies

joesnuffy302

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 01:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
The Wii remote was a lie the family created to get money. After the grand jury decision the GBI report became public record and I have posted parts of it at euharleepoliceshooting(dot)com including a facebook page. The interviews clearly show the family lied and couldn't keep their story strait and the crime scene photos show the Wii system was not even connected as their story claims. Due to the file size the audio / video files were loaded to the facebook page with the back up officer's hidden body mic recordings. The recordings capture the siblings telling other people over the phone he answered the door pointing a gun at CPL Gatny. The jail interview with the father is also included and he changes his story once confronted with the hidden mic evidence.
0 Replies

Zanderer

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 04:18 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
http://s1.bild.me/bilder/120914/1822839c9cc.jpg
0 Replies