Giuliani and the Police State

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 02:34 am
This is the exchange that is getting all of the attention

Quote:
Giuliani continued to argue that the problem is rooted in the black community. “What about the poor black child that is killed by another black child? Why aren't you protesting that,” Giuliani asked Dyson.

The tense exchange continued as Dyson argued that most criminals involved in black on black violence end up in jail. That’s when Giuliani interrupted to ask, “why don’t you cut it down so so many white police officers don’t have to be in black areas?”

“The white police officers wouldn’t be there if you weren’t killing each other 70-75% of the time,” Giuliani said a few seconds later.

“Look at this! This is the defensive mechanism of white supremacy in your mind sir!” Dyson concluded.

this is the quote that should be

Quote:
“I would have had a state of emergency, but I would have kept it quiet,” Giuliani said. “In other words I would have kept my police on alert, I’d have kept them in places you couldn’t see them, be ready in a moment’s notice to stop any violence,” he explained to NBC’s Chuck Todd.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/giuliani-dyson-argue-over-violence-black-communities-n254431

We are far down the rabbit whole when a long time gov of a hugely populated state would go for such extreme police state measures.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 454 • Replies: 7
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 03:53 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

This is the exchange that is getting all of the attention

Quote:
Giuliani continued to argue that the problem is rooted in the black community. “What about the poor black child that is killed by another black child? Why aren't you protesting that,” Giuliani asked Dyson.

The tense exchange continued as Dyson argued that most criminals involved in black on black violence end up in jail. That’s when Giuliani interrupted to ask, “why don’t you cut it down so so many white police officers don’t have to be in black areas?”

“The white police officers wouldn’t be there if you weren’t killing each other 70-75% of the time,” Giuliani said a few seconds later.

“Look at this! This is the defensive mechanism of white supremacy in your mind sir!” Dyson concluded.

this is the quote that should be

Quote:
“I would have had a state of emergency, but I would have kept it quiet,” Giuliani said. “In other words I would have kept my police on alert, I’d have kept them in places you couldn’t see them, be ready in a moment’s notice to stop any violence,” he explained to NBC’s Chuck Todd.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/giuliani-dyson-argue-over-violence-black-communities-n254431

We are far down the rabbit whole when a long time gov of a hugely populated state would go for such extreme police state measures.
WHO is the long time gov
of the hugely populated state??????
roger

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 04:09 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I'm sure all would be explained if the article had a date.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 04:11 am
@roger,
The article has a Hawkeye.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 04:24 am
Governor, Mayor of New York City--you guys are just nit-picking now. (Rabbit whole?)
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 06:49 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Governor, Mayor of New York City--you guys are just nit-picking now. (Rabbit whole?)
Well, u gotta start somewhere.
After that, I 'll get into the substance of it.

David
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 07:35 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

I'm sure all would be explained if the article had a date.

The article comes from yesterday's Sunday talk shows (11/23/14) and is talking about potential violence in Ferguson, MO. Of course Giuliani was the mayor of NYC and a federal attorney in NY before that, not governor but that doesn't change the focus of the original post. Giuliani has always been more about keeping order than civil liberties.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 08:04 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Maybe he sells whole rabbit in his restaurant.
0 Replies