revelette2

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 07:19 pm
@maxdancona,
I agree with you, it is disrespectful.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 07:38 pm
Quote:
The actions I’m taking are not only lawful, they’re the kinds of actions taken by every single Republican president and every Democratic president for the past half century,” Mr. Obama said. “To those members of Congress who question my authority to make our immigration system work better, or question the wisdom of me acting where Congress has failed, I have one answer: Pass a bill.”

source
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 07:51 pm
@oralloy,
I bet the Supreme Court doesn't even waste the time to hear this case. What Obama did is constitutional.
oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 08:03 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
What Obama did is constitutional.

That remains to be seen. I've not seen any good arguments on the subject so far.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 09:27 pm
Hillary wrote:
I support the President’s decision to begin fixing our broken immigration system and focus finite resources on deporting felons rather than families, I was hopeful that the bipartisan bill passed by the Senate in 2013 would spur the House of Representatives to act, but they refused even to advance an alternative. Their abdication of responsibility paved the way for this executive action, which follows established precedent from presidents of both parties going back many decades.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/hillary-clinton-immigration-action-113079.html#ixzz3JfbVsxXG

Hillary clearly thinks that the American voters will support this move in 2016.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 09:40 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Tonight Obama will put into effect executive orders to change immigration policy and deal with part of the immigration mess....The politics are more interesting. The Republicans have to act outraged to placate their White conservative base, but they have to not appear to be racist....

How in God's name could it appear to be racist to want the immigration laws enforced?
maxdancona

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 09:44 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
How in God's name could it appear to be racist to want the immigration laws enforced?

There is a bit of hypocrisy here on the part of the racists.

The racists only want some of the immigration laws enforced. For example the laws saying that children in the US are entitled to an education regardless of their status... the racists don't want that one enforced.

If someone is consistent in wanting laws enforced across the board... maybe they might have a point.

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 09:47 pm
The D's are going to end up paying for this, just like they do for their continued efforts to pander to blacks. 75% of voters are white, and they want fair government not a government that assists law breakers and self proclaimed victims. The D's keep forgetting about all of the white voters.

Another epic miscalculation from The Professor.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 10:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
I am white and I vote. And I strongly support this executive action.
Kolyo

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 10:15 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Obama’s Amnesty Will Add As Many Foreign Workers As New Jobs Since 2009

Quote:
President Barack Obama’s unilateral amnesty will quickly add as many foreign workers to the nation’s legal labor force as the total number of new jobs created by his economy since 2009.

The plans, expected to be announced late Nov. 20, will distribute five million work permits to illegal immigrants, and also create a new inflow of foreign college graduates for prestigious salaried jobs, according to press reports.

Is that what Americans want? Our graduates can't find work.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/20/obamas-amnesty-will-add-as-many-foreign-workers-as-new-jobs-since-2009/

My theory:

This won't make a difference in who gets hired. Because of Obama's action, SadTech will be able to hire a qualified Uzbek to work for them in Texas. If not for Obama's action, SadTech would have hired the same Uzbek to work for them in Tashkent.

The Uzbek would have gotten the job if he was most qualified for the job, regardless of what Obama did. Given that, there are four advantages to having him work for SadTech here rather than there: (1) SadTech is able to keep a larger portion of its work force in America, as opposed to Uzbekistan; (2) the Uzbek will pay American taxes; (3) Anglo-American employees will get to work with the Uzbek and learn from him; (4) over time, the Uzbek may adopt America as his new home and become assimilated (i.e. "one of us").

The question isn't whether the foreign students who graduate from American schools will get to work on the cutting edge of technological innovation. They will, regardless of our immigration policy. The question is whether they will do so here or in Tashkent.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 10:24 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I am white and I vote. And I strongly support this executive action.

Don't worry whites will still be the bad guys in 2016. No matter how many pour money into minority activism and run the show. Not the minority itself. The progressives are clearly in control of all the victims they have created.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 10:38 pm
@maxdancona,
If Congress refuses to act, the President has to act. Congress has the lowest approval rating I think ever, and this Country has responsibilities and obligations to carry on. I'm so sick of artificial issues I don't have the words to describe my frustration.

For Christs sake, some are threatening impeachment. What an incredible waste of taxpayer money. The last shutdown according to Standard & Poors the most recent 16 day shutdown delivered a $24 billion hit to the US economy. Moody's Analytics reported that the shutdown cost $1.4375 billion per day, coming in at $23 billion. I'm aware that federal employees are considered lower than dirt to most taxpayers. They think we work 20 hour weeks and make $2000 per day. That's far from the truth regardless of whatever Federal office people work in.

Here's the deal for me, I'm also a taxpayer, I'm pissed that Congress pisses away the money on bullshit. I want them to consider the American people, and improve the conditions we deal with in this country. Can you imagine today's Congress approving a Mount Rushmore? Our infrastructure is crumbling, and those assholes can only worry about fundraising for reelection.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 11:15 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
If Congress refuses to act, the President has to act

Says who? Maybe nothing needs fixing. If something does need fixing maybe washington is not the right tool for the job. If Washington is the right tool for the job then things need to get done under Constitutional order. If all that is satisfied and congress will not move legislation that must be moved to fix immigration then all stakeholders need to impress upon Congress that failure to act is not an option and will be punished.

This argument from Obama that he has to do something because Congress is doing nothing is nothing but rationalization for his thuggish behaviour.

All abusers claim to be sure that they have to do what they do, abusers of Constitutions most of all.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 11:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The Obama administration has admitted that it inflated Obamacare enrollment numbers twice this year — including in testimony to Congress — thanks to an error in the way health insurance numbers were conflated with dental insurance figures.
The exaggeration, which HHS Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell said was an “unacceptable” mistake, inflated the reported number enrolled in Obamacare by 400,000. House Republicans first spotted the issue, and say that blaming the bad numbers on mistaken data “strains credulity.” If you take the dental insurance customers out of the latest administration Obamacare report, the enrollment number is closer 6.7 million now.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/inflated-obamacare-enrollment-dental-113064.html#ixzz3JgAOnszC

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/inflated-obamacare-enrollment-dental-113064.html

We have seen such a long run of stuff from this administration which Obama is in charge of that can only be incompetence and/or lies that he is the last person who should be doing controversial actions by his pen . Even a good president should never or almost never do controversial things with this government by executive order, he should do nothing till the people through Congress have made up their minds. Immigration is not an emergency, doing nothing till America comes to consensus is the only democratically responsible thing to do.

Obama is of course not responsible. Nor competent. He sure as **** is not going to do the heavy lifting of working to change minds to gain consencious. Putin show him how to get out the pen and paper and do what you want, the people and the Constitutional system be damned.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 12:00 am
@hawkeye10,
I'm sorry Hawkeye10, your words were drowned out by the sounds of "Dueling Banjos"
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 01:18 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I'm sorry Hawkeye10, your words were drowned out by the sounds of "Dueling Banjos"

It is exactly people like you who are the direct cause of the D's not understanding why the people dont love them, why so many actually vote for those wretched R's even though clearly the R's out out to **** them.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 04:52 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:

There is a bit of hypocrisy here on the part of the racists.

The racists only want some of the immigration laws enforced. For example the laws saying that children in the US are entitled to an education regardless of their status... the racists don't want that one enforced.

If someone is consistent in wanting laws enforced across the board... maybe they might have a point.

How is it racist to want people who entered the country illegally, deported back to their own countries? I'd love to hear your tortured logic on that.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 04:52 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
If Congress refuses to act, the President has to act....

So the president can pass laws now?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 05:34 am
@Brandon9000,
So the president can act in the same way as all presidents before him. Why should he be different, or is it that he is not a Republican?
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 05:39 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
So the president can act in the same way as all presidents before him. Why should he be different, or is it that he is not a Republican?

My point is that the Congress makes laws, not the executive. There must be some limitation for what the president can do by executive order. What happened to the separation of powers? Can the president now make any law he wants by fiat when the Congress doesn't do what he asks?