Squeakybro

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 02:54 pm
@neologist,
And all them are written in the new testament.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 02:57 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
All scripture is but only the new testament is scripture.
I would just like to hear you admit that you really don't care what the scriptures actually say.
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 03:23 pm
@Squeakybro,
You have asserted this before and I understand that it is contrary to what you were taught, I am not asking you to take my word. Look at, and reason on Paul's quoting of scripture in all of his letters. consult your holy spirit and let me know.

Paul distinctly introduces old testament quotes as scripture. He more importantly quantified the scriptures he spoke of to Timothy as being inspired of God as those that he learned from infancy. Read the letters to Timothy and think it through.

What scriptures did Timothy learn from infancy?
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 05:54 pm
@neologist,
No one comes to the revelations of Jesus Christ without following the strictest
of rules. If you ever get there you will understand.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 05:56 pm
@Smileyrius,

1 Cor 4:6-7
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
7 For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?
(NKJ)

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 07:18 pm
@Squeakybro,
To me, the scripture in Timothy is very clear, it is not complicated. To you, it has become complicated because of what you already believe scripture to teach. I understand that leaves us at an impasse. I won't push the matter further my friend.

I leave you with one thought.
To not think beyond what is written, does not mean to not think about what is written. Context can change everything you understand about a scripture.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 09:19 pm
@Smileyrius,
Context is very important. And only the Holy Spirit can put it in the right context.
Smileyrius

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 08:42 am
@Squeakybro,
or you just read the bible. the context is not hidden, it is right there.

You and I do have a different view of what the holy spirit is, but we both agree on it's traits and that it helps us to study, that is what is important. The fact of the matter is, the details of what is right and wrong is not as important as how we respond to what we read, and what we teach to others. Beware that none of your teachings amount to slander against God,

Like an ink blot, the bible draws out what is inside, showing who we are and what our motivation is. Many will see different things, not all will see the whole picture. This is how Jesus taught, and it is how we should learn.

The weightier matters are the exercising of love. showing mercy and kindness to others, even if they do not treat us with the respect we deem ourselves worthy of. we have to show humility in our handling of the word, and in our dealings with others,

Knowledge is important, but it is what is in our hearts and not our heads that is how we are measured. We demonstrate what is in our heart by our outward actions. I wish you peace my friend
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 10:12 am
@Smileyrius,
It all has to do with whether someone stays in the milk understanding(interpretation) or some one goes into the meat understanding.
ABIDING IN THE MILK? NOT GROWING IN VERSES (STAYING CARNAL)

John 8:42-43
42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
43 "Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
1 Pet 2:1-2
1 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all guile, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,
2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,
Heb 5:13-14
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Matt 24:12-13
12 "And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
13 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
II Th 3:13
13 But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good.
2 Pet 3:18
18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
Rev 3:15-16
15 "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.
16 "So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
James 1:21-24
21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
Heb 9:8-9
8 the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing.
9 It was symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience--
Heb 6:10
10 For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
Heb 4:1-2
1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
2 Cor 3:5-6
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
Acts 7:51
51 "You stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.
2 Tim 3:7
7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Col 2:9
9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
Col 1:19
19 For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell,
2 Cor 5:5-7
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
Rom 10:8
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
1 Tim 6:12-15
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
13 I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate,
14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing,
15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
(NKJ)
xxx To abide in the milk is to be lukewarm. The milk is 3 to 4 years long. This time is used for reading the verses and putting them into your book of beliefs. This is the time of finding the Holy Spirit within you. When them verses start coming to remembrance is the time to go into the meat. And start crucifing your flesh(feelings & emotions) by obeying the verses. Then if you can obey for 11 years you should come to the revelations of Jesus Christ. Some people abide in the milk understanding their whole life.

Luke 6:46
46 "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?
(NKJ)

Matt 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
(NKJ)

1 Cor 15:1-3
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
(KJV)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 07:56 am
There is a milk context, and there is a hidden meat context. That only the Holy Spirit can reveal with Him using it.

Rom 8:27
27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
(NKJ)

Rom 8:27
27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
(NKJ)

0 Replies