neologist

Fri 21 Nov, 2014 06:08 am
@Squeakybro,
Sorry! I couldn't resist calling attention to this:
Squeakybro wrote:
That means you follow the majority. And I follow the manority.
Please explain where we may find the manor . . .
neologist

Fri 21 Nov, 2014 06:22 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Can you define love?
I assume you are speaking of principled love, represented by the word a·ga′pe, in the Christian Greek scriptures and by the verb ʼa·hav′ and the noun ʼa·havah′, in Hebrew.

Other words often translated as 'love' are found less frequently, or not at all in the case of e′ros, or love between the sexes.

However, while a·ga′pe refers to principled love, there are good and bad principles. A wrong kind of a·ga′pe could be expressed, guided by bad principles. For example, Jesus said: “If you love [a·ga·pa′te] those loving you, of what credit is it to you? For even the sinners love those loving them." (Luke 6:32)

So, the principled love shown by God and Jesus Christ would be love motivated by their cardinal attributes of wisdom, justice, and mercy. For example "God recommends his own love to us in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8) This is the love we, as Christians, strive to imitate.
Squeakybro

Fri 21 Nov, 2014 10:05 am
@neologist,
This one. The Spirit that only quotes verses.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

Matt 7:13-15
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
(NKJ)

John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Fri 21 Nov, 2014 10:06 am
@neologist,
You never did define it. You only gave confusing examples.
Smileyrius

Fri 21 Nov, 2014 11:07 am
@Squeakybro,
I thought he described it pretty well, Agape love is love based on principle, and is motivated by Wisdom Justice and Mercy.

keep looking my friend, it is in there
Squeakybro

Fri 21 Nov, 2014 01:02 pm
@Smileyrius,
Well agape isn't in the bible. Jesus set the example of what love is. To suffer wrongfully but do it willingly. And told us to do the same.

1 Pet 2:19-22
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Fri 21 Nov, 2014 01:04 pm
@Smileyrius,
With all the intellectual idiots out there trying to change Gods meanings by interpretation its easy to see why they tried to slip in lust and coveting as love.
Covet your family lust after women or men or money.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Fri 21 Nov, 2014 01:09 pm
VACATION AND HUNTING SEASON
Its time for a vacation and to do deer hunting so I will have to leave you people for awhile. I think you have plenty of revelations to try to pick holes in. lolol You cant but your welcome to try.
Later
Smileyrius

Fri 21 Nov, 2014 01:18 pm
@Squeakybro,
are you sure? by my count I made it just short of 228 times in the new testament alone.

Check out 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 it explains all of the principles of agape love, albeit mind your translation reads charity rather than love, use a concordance and it all becomes clear
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Fri 21 Nov, 2014 01:19 pm
@Squeakybro,
All the best Squeaky, it has been fun
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 21 Nov, 2014 07:12 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
You never did define it. You only gave confusing examples.
I'm not surprised you were confused.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 22 Nov, 2014 08:10 pm
This thread is as dull as dishwater . . . it needs more music.

neologist

Mon 24 Nov, 2014 12:22 am
@Setanta,
Waiting to see CSI episode
Squeakybro

Sun 11 Jan, 2015 05:31 pm
@neologist,
You won't find Jesus on CSI
djjd62

Mon 12 Jan, 2015 05:18 am
@Squeakybro,
are you sure about that

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Season 3, Episode 22
Play with Fire (8 May 2003)

Jesus Cardenas

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0534726/
Squeakybro

Mon 12 Jan, 2015 08:01 am
@neologist,
We all have helpful thoughts they are from our guardian angels. We all have evil thoughts they are from our devils. We all have affections they are from our soul. We all have emotions they are our demons.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Fri 13 Nov, 2015 06:07 pm
@djjd62,
Has anyone explained to you that you don't have to read my threads? Its ok I don't read yours.
neologist

Fri 13 Nov, 2015 08:42 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Has anyone explained to you that you don't have to read my threads? Its ok I don't read yours.
It's not your thread, Squeaky. Once you post, it's open to everyone. Perhaps you shold consider opening a blog. There are a few free ones. I like blogspot. Or, maybe you could use facebook.
Squeakybro

Fri 13 Nov, 2015 09:13 pm
@neologist,
lololo Still straining out the gnats I see. It is my thread in the context that I started it. Now if you cant find something valid to argue about maybe you should sit back and just read, and learn.

Matt 23:24
24 "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
(NKJ)

neologist

Fri 13 Nov, 2015 09:58 pm
@Squeakybro,
No. I pretty much have to stay around to bear witness to the truth.
Sorry if that makes you uncomfortable.