Do You Really Know Who The Holy Spirit Is

Squeakybro

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:44 pm
@Bible Student,
Ok lets try this. You have never heard Gods voice.

John 5:37
37 "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
(NKJ)

And yet the Holy Spirit quotes verses to us and teaches us with the verses daily.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

Jesus told us that the Holy Spirit wouldn't come to us unless He left. So the Holy Spirit cant be God and cant be Jesus.

John 16:7
7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
(NKJ)

God makes some of His angels into spirits.

Heb 1:7
7 And of the angels He says: "Who makes His angels spirits and His ministers a flame of fire."
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 05:54 pm
@Squeakybro,
Do you know why you cant believe what is written?
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 01:20 pm
The Holy Spirit only quotes verses.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 04:44 am
@Squeakybro,
So he's not what could be called an original thinker.

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 05:32 am
Why can't he quote the Gettysburg Address, just for variety's sake?
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 08:05 am
@izzythepush,
He is an angel assigned to bring to remembrance what Jesus has already said to you. But quoting the verses you have put in your belief system to live by.

26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 08:06 am
@edgarblythe,
He isn't allowed to speak to you any other way.

John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
(NKJ)

5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 10:56 am
@Squeakybro,
Sez whom? Do burning bushes quote scripture? Are you sure? Nobody wrote down what him/it/her told Moses.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 11:29 am
@Squeakybro,
It's something an answering machine could do, sounds a bit low skilled for an angel. Did he piss Jesus off or something?
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 12:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
lolol Your really not very good at this heckling stuff are you. I'm thinking you could use a refresher course at "Hecklers Are Us".
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 12:40 pm
@Squeakybro,
Give me something to work with. He only speaks through scripture? That's lame, even for a thread like this.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 01:03 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

lolol Your really not very good at this heckling stuff are you.

He doesn't have to be. You're terrible at whatever it is you're trying to do. (Unless of course it's some piece of performance art about talking bollocks.)
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 01:53 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
He isn't allowed to speak to you any other way.

If he only speaks in scriptures, how would he "guide you into all truth"?

Maybe guidance is a separate thing from speaking through scripture?
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 02:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
Here it says the Holy Spirit brings to remembrance(quoting) what Jesus has already said to us.

(NKJ)
Here the Holy Spirit is NOT allowed to speak on His own authority, He can only take from what is already Christ's .

John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
(NKJ)
This Holy Spirit is the only guarantee in the whole bible.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 02:58 pm
@izzythepush,
You should go with him and take a couple of classes yourself.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 03:00 pm
@Leadfoot,
The verses is how He guides you. He did me for 40 years. Then I came to the revelations of Jesus Christ. All Verses. Theology is from man. Theology is spiritual theory, and theory is guessing.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 05:04 am
@Squeakybro,
Maybe I just haven't found the scriptures correlating to all the things he has guided me to.

It's the 'and' in that scripture that makes me question this. Could it be there is more than just his words back in the day that we can be shown? It'd still be his words you know.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 09:40 am
@Leadfoot,
I only share the guarantee of salvation. The Holy Spirit quoting verses. I have found it to be perfect for 40 years now. Now God says if you want to try theology He will send you strong delusions. Theology is Spiritual theory, and theory is guessing.

(NKJ)

John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

II Th 2:10-12
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
(NKJ)

izzythepush

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 10:25 am
@Squeakybro,
You're the one whose education is lacking. I would suggest classes in basic English and Maths.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 12:52 pm
@Bible Student,
Well you have a right to your opinion even if it is wrong. But Jesus told me in one of the revelations of Jesus Christ just who the Holy Spirit is. And I think I will follow Him.
0 Replies