Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

Builder

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 12:35 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I dont know this.

That's a lie. I've followed this thread spasmodically over the timeframe, and you've admitted that he's guilty of crimes against his victims.

You've also admitted that he knew exactly what he was doing in administering drugs to his victims.

If you're going to deny it now, it's quite easy to find your posts on this.
izzythepush

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 02:21 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
HesDeltanCaptain wrote:

How is it with so many alledged victims, Cosby's still alive? What's the latest count? 30? 30 families of women drugged and raped and no one gives a **** enough to end him?

The first post I've seen mourning the passing of the lynch mob. What is it about the rule of law that terrifies you so much?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 02:37 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
I dont know this.

That's a lie. I've followed this thread spasmodically over the timeframe, and you've admitted that he's guilty of crimes against his victims.

You've also admitted that he knew exactly what he was doing in administering drugs to his victims.

If you're going to deny it now, it's quite easy to find your posts on this.

I have changed my mind. I now think that the reason these women did not report was that while yes they were pissed they also thought that Cosby was not a criminal. I think that years of this event eating them up and our new standards on sexual assault have warped some of their brains, they now are sure that he abused them and they are pissed that they ever thought he had not. Beat the bastard! Others are flat out lying, most of the accusers are lying.

Cosby is kinked up. I am not at all happy with what he did, he could have had what he wanted on much better consent terms and he should have done it, but he is not a criminal.

Now maybe something will come out of the deposition to change my mind, But if I though that was going to happen I would not have announced my change of position at this time.
Builder

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 03:32 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I have changed my mind.

But not your modus operandi. You're still pigeon-holing and downgrading his targets.

Quote:
Others are flat out lying, most of the accusers are lying.

That's an opinion, Hawk. You're doing the judgeandjury trip here.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 07:46 am
@Builder,
Quote:

Welcome to the Hawkeye show.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 07:50 am
@hawkeye10,
Argument. Something you don't even have a passing acquaintance with. Your screwy opinions are not argument, pinhead, just because you're argumentative.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 09:14 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Quote:

Welcome to the Hawkeye show.

Welcome to witnessing a citizen actually fulfilling his duties as a citizen. And you thing you are going to make me feel guilty for that? Perhaps you should schedule a lobotomy, because you clearly are afflicted with insanity.
izzythepush

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 02:01 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Perhaps you should schedule a lobotomy,

Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it's right for everyone else.
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 02:08 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Welcome to witnessing a citizen actually fulfilling his duties as a citizen.

Meaning bypassing the legal process, and playing judge, jury, and executioner?

Where in the constitution do you see those traits being indicators of good citizenship, Hawk?
FOUND SOUL

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 02:51 am
@Builder,
I have to agree Hawk, you are all over the place with your comments, it's almost as if you are bored, the backtracking "no offense" is a pain to keep reading.

It's not that simple . That he has a kink.

I am sure that both yourself and your wife get permission or hire, or buy what you desire.

Taking is a completely different story.

And, this " oh but, in the 60's mickies were the rage" does not give permission for anyone male or female to drop anything in anyone's drink.

For the last time in addition.

Some of these were "kids" barely out of school...

Be a man.. You have kids.

bobsal u1553115

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 06:56 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Welcome to witnessing a citizen actually fulfilling his duties as a citizen. And you thing you are going to make me feel guilty for that? Perhaps you should schedule a lobotomy, because you clearly are afflicted with insanity.

Nice argument, jackass.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 09:06 am
@FOUND SOUL,
This story has been in play for a year, and there has been no definitive proof. I have always thought that Cosby has done great works, I started out thinking that the allegations might be all lies but know I know that Cosby has this dark side that left women thinking that he did not do right by them, the only question is how trangressive was he. I have changed my mind on my guess on that a few times.
FOUND SOUL

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 04:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
the only question is how trangressive was he

Does it really matter "how" trangressive he was ?

He went beyond the boundries. And there is a lot of "hidden" meanings behind his so called "good work". And in my opinion "good reasons" as it's a perfect cover, or was.

And as for morals, he has daughters. One of which claimed to be sexually abused. One of which had drug and alcohol problems. Cosby's stance on this was 1) No she doesn't, she uses men (her boyfriends), she has the mentality of an 11 year old, she doesn't finish anything she starts.. And, then when she advised of the sexual assault, he simply told Tyson to go to counselling. He did nothing to assist his daughter, he didn't go and beat this guy up, he didn't get angry, he blamed his daughter.

Quote:
Judge Rebreno cites Cosby's infamous 2004 "pound cake" speech as evidence of the comedian's belief in himself as a moral authority.

Quote:
In 1971, Cosby recorded an album called For Adults Only. In this skit, he mines for laughs the well-worn trope of a father who worries over his daughter's future dating prospects because he remembers what a creep he was to other people's daughters in his youth. "I'm beginning to hate men," he quips, "because I know men. They're basically filthy and nasty and dirty. I know that. I used to be a man, before I got married."

Quote:
The 1987 film Angel Heart marked the first public clash between Cosby Show actress Lisa Bonet and her onscreen dad. In this Ebony magazine cover story, Bill Cosby makes several paternalistic comments about Bonet's decision to appear in the psychological horror flick, including a rather smug dismissal of the film itself, stating that he hadn't seen it because "That film doesn't offer my appetite anything." That same year, to promote the film, Bonet appeared nude on the cover of Interview magazine. When asked his opinion on this (itself a strange and awkward interviewing choice), Cosby said that after he'd heard negative comments from several people about the image, "I just took it nice and easy and then one day I saw it on the newsstand and I bought the magazine. I looked at that picture and I said, 'There's nothing wrong with it.' It wasn't anything gross."

Quote:
During The Cosby Show's eight-season run, Cliff Huxtable established himself as a father who preferred grilling his daughters' suitors about their sexual activity rather than talking to the daughters themselves.

Quote:
In this much earlier episode of the show, Cliff counsels a sexually active girl (Stacey Dash) to be open and candid with her parents about her physical choices and concerns. Cliff hand-wrings over how he'd hope his own children would come to him, no matter what

Quote:
Cosby's own daughter, Erinn, claims that she came to him with an accusation that boxer Mike Tyson attempted to rape her in 1989, and that Cosby convinced Tyson to commit to psychological counseling in lieu of pressing charges. Tyson reportedly agreed to the counseling – but in this 1992 clip on the Donahue show, Erinn admits that she doesn't believe Tyson ever followed through. The interview is disturbing on a few levels: For one, Bill Cosby is praised for "using his influence" to negotiate this counseling deal, even though if Tyson never got counseling, nothing at all was done to hold him accountable for the alleged sexual assault he committed.

Quote:
In a 1969 Playboy interview, Cosby talked about how he planned to leave show business to become a teacher because poor kids lack good role models. "I plan to teach in a junior high school, which is where kids become glandularly aware of being male and female," he said. "Early adolescence is a very difficult time of life for ghetto kids, because people to look up to, like I said earlier, are scarce in a poor neighborhood. . .I'd want to show kids there are black heroes to be proud of, so they have a different kind of cat to look up to.

Quote:
So many of Cosby's discussions of drug use include commentary about lack of awareness of a drug's effects or harm,

Quote:
Cosby won a best recording for children grammy in 1972. for this spoken-word album about the perils of drug use, featuring tracks like "Bill Talks About Pushers," "People Make Mistakes," and "I Know I Can Handle It."

Quote:
When Cosby's own daughter struggled with drug addiction in the 1980s, he called her selfish. In a 1989 interview with the LA Times, he defended his "tough love" approach in response to her battle:

"This particular daughter appears to be the only one who is really very selfish. It isn't that we hang our heads or that we're embarrassed by this, because we've been living with this person who knows that her problem isn't cocaine or alcohol. I think that she's a child who has refused to take responsibility for supporting herself. . . She never finishes anything. She uses her boyfriends. She wants the finer things but she can't stand anybody else's dirt, which is important. Developmentally, she's still around 11 years old. The problem isn't alcohol or drugs – at the rehab center her urine showed up negative. It's behavioral. She's very stubborn."

1989 is the same year Erinn talked to her father about the Mike Tyson encounter.

Quote:
In this televised "call-out" from 2006, Cosby first asks for the families of gun violence victims to state the names of their deceased loved ones, then reclaims the podium to chastise the audience for their silence in the face of crime: "I just want all of you to understand that this is not that difficult. Somebody somehow has talked you into keeping your mouth shut." He continues changing the subject from silence on crime to silence on teen sexual activity: "You've got to speak up. You've got to take your 13-year-old daughters in a room – or 12 or 11, whatever the age is – and you've got to explain to them that they can't do this sexual thing. They can't afford it."

Because, he couldn't control...............
him
self

Builder

Wed 26 Aug, 2015 10:49 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
He did nothing to assist his daughter, he didn't go and beat this guy up, he didn't get angry, he blamed his daughter.

This sounds exactly why Hawk has an affiliation with Cosby; total disconnect from others, including family and friends.
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 12:02 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
...but he is not a criminal.

He's already admitted to being one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWw33cZSv_I
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 07:18 pm
Quote:
“He had my hair; I don’t want to get graphic, but you know when you’re shocked you go, ‘Oh,’ you open your mouth a little bit, and that was my mistake,” Linda said. “And then he just made this horrible mess all over me.”

Also Read: Bill Cosby Kicks Off Labor Day Weekend With a Legal Setback

Afterward, Linda said, Cosby told the aspiring actress that he had “blessed” her.

“The hardest part was, he gloated over my humiliation. And he reached into his pocket, he had a big wad of Kleenex, and he started cleaning me up; he was dabbing at me,” Linda recalled. “By this time I’ve closed my eyes, because I really think I’m going to faint. And he said, ‘I’ve blessed you now, you know; you’ve been blessed.’

“And I remember thinking, ‘He must be crazy.'”

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/bill-cosby-accuser-recalls-alleged-ordeal-comedian-made-225716246.html

humiliation is a hugely popular kink, so that is very believable. The real question with Cosby is not about him being kinked or not, it is what level of consent he demands first. No doubt I am supposed to be appalled by his kink, but that is never going to happen based upon the stories we hear, he seems pretty vanilla by the standards of the crowd I run in. Except possibly the consent issue, which is very muddled.
hawkeye10

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 07:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
I would totally believe that the women consented to what they thought was a blow job or some other tame thing only to find out that what Cosby did was humilation. That they went away (or more often it seems were shoved into a cab) feeling "I did not consent to THAT!". It would completely explain why they did not complain too, because they did consent to being part of Cosby's erotic life. And it would completely explain this anger that we see many decades later.

I know that those raised on feminist dogma dont think it matters, leaving women feeling violated is a crime regardless of how it happened according to them, but I dont go that way.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 16 Sep, 2015 08:30 am
@hawkeye10,
Shame on you. The guys a ******* rapist and you want to speculate on women's rape fantasy. Shame. Shame. Shame.
hawkeye10

Wed 16 Sep, 2015 12:18 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I am never ashamed of my search for reality, messy or not, unappetizing or not.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 16 Sep, 2015 12:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Your mother weeps and every female who knows you should have 911 on speed dial. Seriously.

There's no way to deride that kind of stuff.

Don't you have any sort of internal interlocutor that says, "Now Hawkeye, you can't help having these kind of thoughts - there are medications that could help, of course - but you don't have to spew them?