Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

Ionus

Tue 7 Jul, 2015 03:51 am
Not only did a woman get free drugs, but she also got free sex ! Its not like they are a date rape drug .
ehBeth

Tue 7 Jul, 2015 11:53 am
@ehBeth,
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/07/bill-cosby-rape-culture-_n_7743528.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000046

Quote:
Now we know.

In 2005 Bill Cosby admitted, under oath, to drugging several women with the intention of having sex with them. (To be clear, sex without one party's consent, is called rape.) But in the intervening hours since the report first emerged, the realities of rape culture -- its insidiousness and pervasiveness -- have become all the more clear.

Even now, in the wake of the Cosby news, people and media outlets are still using language that simultaneously downplays and sensationalizes what he did. Headlines like, Cosby's "Sex Bombshell" that don't use the word "rape" perpetuate this idea that what this man did was creepy, yet somehow benign. Furthermore, this news is not a bombshell. We've known about Cosby's history of assault since last year. Really, it's been out there -- but ignored -- for at least 10 years.

Quote:
The fact Cosby's leaked confession holds more weight than the voices of over 40 women who have come out with accusations against him over the years, is horrifying.

We needed "proof" before we could believe the victims. Jill Scott came out last night to condemn Cosby after vigorously defending him last year, but added that all she needed was "proof" that he did it -- as if the stories of 40 women from all different walks of life were not enough to suggest that he is rapist.

Quote:
There have been suggestions that Cosby's wealth, his standing in the black community, his celebrity, all allowed him to get away with this for so long. And still, even now, some people suggest that this is some kind of wild conspiracy to bring down a prominent black man.

But this isn't strictly about celebrity, or money, or access, or respectability politics -- we should stop looking for one thing to blame. This is about the intersection of all those things, and how, with the addition of sexism and misogyny, they make stories like this a reality.

When Beverly Johnson, a successful, respected entrepreneur and one of the first black supermodels wrote about her own experience of being assaulted by Cosby, her credibility was questioned. Even Johnson, despite her success and social standing, was afraid that her story wouldn't matter.

She wrote: "I struggled with how to reveal my big secret, and more importantly, what would people think when and if I did? Would they dismiss me as an angry black woman intent on ruining the image of one of the most revered men in the African American community over the last 40 years? Or would they see my open and honest account of being betrayed by one of the country’s most powerful, influential, and beloved entertainers?"
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 7 Jul, 2015 11:56 am
@Ionus,
He was giving women sedatives in order to have sex with them.

If you think that is excusable/acceptable <shrug> it confirms my suspicions.
izzythepush

Tue 7 Jul, 2015 12:17 pm
@ehBeth,
He's the sort of person who thinks it's alright to joke about it.
FOUND SOUL

Tue 7 Jul, 2015 02:48 pm
@izzythepush,
I saw the transcript last night, on TV from 2005.

He stated "Yes" to the question, "Did you ever use drugs on young women in order to have sex".

Somehow in 2005 even with that answer, it all got put aside and now too late to use that evidence.

No accusations to me, rather reality. If Rolf Harris who is another bathplug Smile gets to spend his lovely old age in jail (even though he things he will be out shortly) so should Cosby.
hawkeye10

Tue 7 Jul, 2015 03:08 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
"Did you ever use drugs on young women in order to have sex".

Since "use" is not defined all we can say from this is that Cosby supplied the drugs that were used during sex, from which we can infer that Cosby liked to have sex with women who are on drugs, it says nothing about the level of consent under which they were used.

Quote:
If Rolf Harris who is another bathplug Smile gets to spend his lovely old age in jail (even though he things he will be out shortly) so should Cosby.
In america one is assumed to be innocent till proven guilty, and there are no grounds here. After all this time the state seemingly cant come up with even one person who claims to have ever heard a confession from Cosby that he was assaulting women, or wanted to. In fifty years he never bragged to anyone if he was in fact doing this??!! Come on.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Tue 7 Jul, 2015 06:24 pm
I never thought Cosby was especially funny, wise or any sort of example. Just another entitled star using his fame and resources to get pussy. This is a very common thing.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 7 Jul, 2015 08:06 pm
Quote:
One of the things that his lawyers did in the deposition, which is not receiving a lot of news coverage, is that they stopped the deposition and that Bill Cosby says he misunderstood the question," Klieman said. "Yes, he used the Quaaludes, but with one woman. But again, there was a time in recreational drug use when people used Quaaludes consensually for sex."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-cosbys-moralizing-prompted-judge-to-release-testimony/

Why ruin the " Bill Cosby Sucks" storyline with a fair and balanced reporting of the facts?
Ionus

Tue 7 Jul, 2015 08:48 pm
@ehBeth,
He did not give them sedatives . He gave them tranquilizers . You know all those times you've heard a tranquilizer gun was used to bring down a raging beast, well they were wrong . It was a sedative gun .

Did they ask what the drug was before they took it ? In this case it is a hypnotic drug, it helps you focus on sex and makes it all mystical . Anyone who knows about drugs will tell you it MAY put you to sleep after a while if you have nothing to keep you awake or if you are very tired .

But you knew all this didn't you, that's why you are posting in such an authoritative manner, especially about my personality ....or are you just out trolling ?
Ionus

Tue 7 Jul, 2015 08:52 pm
@izzythepush,
Some women are horrified about rape because it takes away their major weapon, withholding sex . Others secretly like the idea, providing the guy is good looking, clean, gentle, and add so many qualifiers it is clearly not rape . Many young juvenile women imagine a man coming in through the window whilst they are masturbating of a night time . But you dont want to talk about reality, you just want to hate . Are you a rapists ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Tue 7 Jul, 2015 08:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Why ruin the " Bill Cosby Sucks" storyline with a fair and balanced reporting of the facts?
These left whingers want to feel good about themselves for being full of human warmth and cause driven...save the fat chicks, I mean whales...but deep down they want to hate, so me and you get hated lots ! It makes them feel emotional, something they are naturally driven towards .
FOUND SOUL

Wed 8 Jul, 2015 03:34 am
@Ionus,
I'm not into politics.

Marilyn Munroe was stunning size 14, these stupid size 0 models look disgusting a woman with curves is beautiful... They are never whales Ionus. We could even look at beer guts and naked men never being able to see what is below as a result and say, whales.

Who wants to hate, women are emotional? Do you think maybe, men hide their emotions? In any event. In my opinion there is no difference than a man raping a woman drunk, following her than there is giving her a drug making her out there and raping her.

Bill Cosby was part of the lovely Playboy mansion I have no doubt drugs were free and he watched. What he did in my opinion is took it further, he decided to suggest or give as a relief to help, "trust" or just drop it in a drink. That is different, very different than girls in bikinis making their own decision to try to get fame and not feel what is going to happen next.

Just my opinion..............
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 9 Jul, 2015 06:34 pm
What I'm seeing in this discussion, is that some think that it's okay to have sex with unconscious people, and some think that it's rape.

There's no question in my mind at all. Not even if the unconscious person chose to take the drugs you offered them.

Rape is rape. Consenting to taking drugs that enhance anything is not consenting to sex while you're unconscious. It's always going to be rape.

Regardless of what your own partner considers to be rape.
hawkeye10

Thu 9 Jul, 2015 11:36 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

What I'm seeing in this discussion, is that some think that it's okay to have sex with unconscious people, and some think that it's rape.

There's no question in my mind at all. Not even if the unconscious person chose to take the drugs you offered them.

Do you happen to have the count of how many women claim that they were unconscious off of drugs that Cosby give them either with their consent or not? I am pretty sure that I have heard of at least one, but I dont know that the number is larger than that. And women lie (as do men), so a claim does not knowledge of a bad act make.
Builder

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 12:58 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
....so a claim does not knowledge of a bad act make.

I'm adding my opinion to a collective discussion, Hawk.
Fornicating with an unconscious person is rape.

I don't read papers, and I don't have a television.

I do have an inquiring mind, and I also have a belief system.
hawkeye10

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 01:02 am
@Builder,
Quote:
I do have an inquiring mind, and I also have a belief system.
And apparently you have no idea how many women claim to have been unconscious do to drugs that Cosby handed them, under what ever consent parameters might have been present.

FOUND SOUL

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 02:13 am
@hawkeye10,
He said he didn't watch TV Hawk, is not interested and is merely providing an opinion on a "topic" based on his belief system. What is wrong with that?

On the other hand the list keeps growing, I've stopped counting. He admitted in Court in 2005 that he in fact gave a girl a drug, making her un-conscious without her consent, what part of that isn't clear?

I agree that some "take it" to further their career and go with it, I've agreed with that, this is not the case and yes, there certainly are going to be some women lying but he stated in Court that he did.. Pretty much the end, there is no accusations it's reality it's only a matter of how many and really that doesn't matter either because those women who were / are affected were /are affected for life and don't tell me they need to grow some balls.
Builder

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 02:37 am
@hawkeye10,
Builder stated;
Quote:
Consenting to taking drugs that enhance anything is not consenting to sex while you're unconscious. It's always going to be rape.

Twist that any way you like, Hawk. It's what I stated.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 10:55 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

On the other hand the list keeps growing, I've stopped counting. He admitted in Court in 2005 that he in fact gave a girl a drug, making her un-conscious without her consent, what part of that isn't clear?

The only thing I know that he admitted was that the pill(s) came from his stash, which is not surprising since people who dont accuse Cosby of wrong doing say that he long traveled with a personal pharmacy, and that he liked to delight in having the right drug for each problem. Some thought that he liked to show off his connections, some is knowledge about drugs, still others that he like being a do gooder. Maybe he liked to rape, but at this point I dont know.

I spent about 5 minutes looking and I cant tell what this woman alleges was the consent parameters of her taking the pill(s). I also dont know Cosby's side of the story.
ehBeth

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 11:37 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
I also dont know Cosby's side of the story.

It's in his deposition from 2005 which is now public knowledge. Easy enough to go and read if you are interested in this matter.