FOUND SOUL

Wed 28 Jan, 2015 04:13 am
@cicerone imposter,
Aced I would state ...
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Thu 29 Jan, 2015 02:57 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
The 9 most disturbing passages in Bill Cosby’s books on love, sex and family.

Quote:
On Cosby’s boyhood attitude toward women:

“If a girl wandered on to a football field where I was playing, I might make knocking her down part of my fly pattern, for a girl was only an honorary human being; and if my roller skating assumed a certain grand sweep, a girl or two might hit the cement, not an unfitting position for such a lesser part of humanity. In my relations with girls at the age of eight, I never broke hearts, I merely tore skin. Girls simply had to understand that boys did not sit quietly on the floor feeding dolls; boys practiced the violence that was so essential to their becoming men.”

— “Love and Marriage”

On choosing, as a teenager, between a girl he liked and one that would press against him when they danced:

I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life at parties with Millie. My problem was, however, that I was intellectually drawn to Ruth as a candidate for being my wife. Would she understand if I brought along Millie too? I had stumbled upon one of life’s ancient dilemmas: Did I want a home and a family or fifty years of good pressing?

— “Love and Marriage”

On how he would “lure” girls out of high school parties:

It was in those basements that I tried to squeeze girls as if they were melons to see which ones might be ripe for going steady with me. Sometimes I managed to lure one of them outside to sit with me in a car for a little kissing and rubbing; most of the other girls I managed to lure away from the crowd just sat there like statues, hoping that this moment would pass and they could get on with their lives.

— “Love and Marriage”

On his efforts to understand women:

Eventually I learned, not just about the silly mechanics of sex but also about the sweet madness of love, about the one virus that will never have a vaccine. And I learned about women, but not too much. In this book, I will share with you my lifelong study of women and love. I cannot, however, claim to have gotten an A myself in this course. In fact, I’m still taking it pass-fail.

— “Love and Marriage”

On his dismay at finding his first gray pubic hair at 50:

But then one morning, the march of time suddenly trampled me: I found a gray hair in my pubic zone, where I had always liked to wear my hair black, and I felt depressed, for gray did not seem to add any distinction to my crotch. It was a thoroughly undistinguished sign of age. I had come full circle: from the time that I yearned to see my first pubic hair to the time that I saw the first pubic hair I didn’t want. … As more of this lower gray appears, I have been wondering: would I be too vain if I started using Grecian Formula in a place that only my wife and doctor ever see?

— “Time Flies”

On children as the price of sex:

My hold on my own sanity has always been a tenuous one because of the behavior of what was created by a few delightful seconds of sex. Believe me, I have paid for those delights.

— “Fatherhood”

On hoping his daughters don’t date someone like him:

The happiness of these four daughters has been of supreme importance to me, but the problem is that this happiness may depend on their avoiding the kind of person their father was in his drugstore days, a mad hunter of j-o-n-e-s. Every time a young man comes to my house for one of my daughters, I have wanted to take them aside and say:

You’re not like me, are you? If you are, then I know what you want and I hope you have the same terrible luck. …I hope you’re on a mission impossible. And one more thing: I may have to kill you, but it will be nothing personal.

— “Love and Marriage”

A father… knows exactly what those boys at the mall have in their depraved little minds because he once owned such a depraved little mind himself. In fact, if he thinks enough about the plans that he used to have for young girls, the father not only will support his wife in keeping their daughter home, but he might even run over to the mall and have a few of those boys arrested.

— “Fatherhood”

And on how Cosby really just likes to cuddle:

Just as I no longer can go one-on-one in basketball the way I once did, I also lack the stamina to go one-on-one in bed the way I did in my salad days. In spite of the profound love I have for my wife, sex at my age has become exhausting, which leaves me yearning for a younger body, or longing for a good nap. A man of my age comes home late from the office, has dinner, takes a shower, ignores a few bills, and finally makes it into bed. Discovering another person is in that bed, and dimly aware that this person is a different sex, he starts to make his move.

“Not tonight,” says his wife.

And the man rolls over with a smile.

Thank you very much, he silently says.

His heart had not been in the mood, nor any other part. All he had really wanted was to go on the record.

My wife probably feels that our bed has become a G movie, but I am actually in tune with the times, for recent surveys have revealed that most women would rather cuddle than have sex, and I am the Clark Gable of cuddlers. I don’t need Dr. Ruth because I am tuned to Dr. Seuss.

— “Time Flies”

Read more from Book Party:

In hindsight, Bill Cosby’s old books on love, sex and family are incredibly creepy

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/book-party/wp/2015/01/28/the-9-most-disturbing-passages-in-bill-cosbys-books-on-love-sex-and-family/
FOUND SOUL

Sat 31 Jan, 2015 03:40 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Roseanne Barr says 'no one' is surprised by allegations of Bill Cosby assault

Jan 30th 2015 1:15PM
Quote:
Comedienne Roseanne Barr is speaking out about the sexual assault allegations against Bill Cosby.

In an interview with Access Hollywood, Barr said that she was unsurprised by the allegations and that it took a man - comic Hannibal Buress - to reignite the issue for the media to cover the stories of sexual assault.

"You know, like every woman in Hollywood, there's hardly any hairdressers or waitresses or working women who don't know somebody. We've all heard it for a long time and it surprises nobody. We all know women who know somebody, if they didn't go through it themselves with Bill Cosby," Barr said.

When asked why nobody has spoken up until now, Barr said that "nobody gives a damn 'til a man says it," referring to Buress.

Barr and Cosby both had hit sitcoms in the 1980s that were produced by the same production company. Barr added that she has hope that Cosby will "make it right," though he continues to dispute the claims.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/30/roseanne-barr-says-no-one-is-surprised-by-allegations-of-bill/21137283/

hawkeye10

Sat 31 Jan, 2015 04:00 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Roseanne says that everyone knew, yet take a look at the list of comedians who say that they dont know if Cosby is guilty or not, and BTW they have never seen him do anything inappropriate.
hawkeye10

Sat 31 Jan, 2015 04:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
When NBC and others say that they had over years heard rumor mill on Cosby I think they talking in the last ten years, post civil suit. If Cosby had been carrying on as alleged "Bill is a bad boy" would been circulating since the mid 60's at least. Could be, but I have not heard anyone claim this.
Builder

Sun 1 Feb, 2015 03:47 am
Was reading today that there's still no formal charges laid against Cosby.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Wed 4 Feb, 2015 10:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Roseanne says that everyone knew, yet take a look at the list of comedians who say that they dont know if Cosby is guilty or not, and BTW they have never seen him do anything inappropriate.

Also take a look at the list of women who say that he raped them.
hawkeye10

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 12:15 am
@Gargamel,
Quote:
Also take a look at the list of women who say that he raped them.

I did, and if Cosby did that stuff I am very pissed that these women did not do their duty and report his miss behavior when justice would have allowed us to nail his ass to the wall.
FOUND SOUL

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 03:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I did, and if Cosby did that stuff I am very pissed that these women did not do their duty and report his miss behavior when justice would have allowed us to nail his ass to the wall.

Seems that I need to constantly remind you that they were "not" women at that point in time of their lives, rather young ladies growing into women who typically trusted an older man as they would their Father, who claimed after speaking with each and every one of them that he would help further their career. He did "not" ask for sex in return, he merely took it.

And, let's not forget a young lady that trusted him and had turned down his friend that night, that found herself in bed with that friend the next morning once she had woken, after Cosby had given her a pill for a migraine.

You keep changing your stance on this, " I'm 50/50" no I'm "80/20" to now, well it's the women's fault all of 19 years of age, they should have come out and told the law 10 years ago or more, then we could have nailed his ass.

?

It's evident that some of those women who have come forward have something to loose by doing so, their Husband's fame and yet their Husband's are allowing them to speak. Their Husband's have sufficient money any tiny bit that any of these girls could if it occurred, get would be worthless to those particular women.

Again, naturally there has to be a "few" that are lying to try to gain fame, attention, more work, a boob job Smile As, in materialistic women who have no morals or shame, that are obvious liers.
hawkeye10

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 04:32 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Ii is the women's fault if they did not report in a timely manor, and since there is no way to adjudicate cases decades after the event justly they lose my interest by making accusations 40 years after the alleged fact. If they did not care enough to bother reporting then I dont care much either. They owed us reporting Cosby, they let us down if they did not, and as a citzen of the USA bill cosby has the right to timely trial which he can not be screwed out of by others dereliction of duty. Maybe he did it, in which case all parties suck.

As to whether any of this happened I am currently at 10%. Even if I was at 100% I would still take in his art, as art is seperate from the artist just as ideas are seperate from the speaker.

It any woman thinks bill cosby might rape them then they should stay away from him. The rest of us should move on, leave him alone, till/unless some proves either in the courts of law or in the media that he committed a crime.
firefly

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 04:57 pm
Quote:

Report: Sidney Poitier ‘disgusted’ with Bill Cosby over sexual assault allegations
Nick Vadala, Philly.com
February 4, 2015

Legendary actor Sidney Poitier is reportedly “terribly disgusted” with embattled comedian Bill Cosby following the numerous sexual assault allegations against him that have emerged since November last year. Or, at least, that’s what a source close to the actor is saying.

Speaking exclusively to the National Enquirer, the anonymous source indicates that Poitier is distraught over the news and “feels sorry for him” but will “say nothing about Cosby.”

“Look at Sidney Poitier — unblemished, untainted, and distinguished,” the source told the Enquirer. “Look at Bill Cosby. Thirty women, they’re not all lying.”

This, however, is not the first time Poitier’s name has come up in the firestorm of allegations against Cosby. Back in November 2014, Cosby accuser Joan Tarshis came forward to allege the comedian assaulted her in 1969, some time after introducing her to Sidney Poitier.

Via Radar Online:

]Cosby accuser Joan Tarshis named Poitier when writing about visiting the set of The Bill Cosby Show in 1969. “He once introduced me to Sidney Poitier as ‘Midget,’ his pet name for me because I was 5-foot-3,” she wrote. Tarshis has claimed that she was later drugged and raped by Cosby in his nearby bungalow — claims Cosby has denied.

Incidentally, Poitier also presented Alan Ladd Jr. with the 1996 Best Picture Oscar for Braveheart. Ladd Jr. is the husband of Cindra Ladd, who claimed last month to have been drugged and raped by Cosby in 1969. The Enquirer’s anonymous source indicates that that particular element caused the allegations against Cosby to “hit close to home" for Poitier.

“I can tell you that Mr. Poitier is terribly disgusted by what Bill Cosby has done, and he feels sorry for him,” the source said.

Poitier and Cosby have a long history of working together, with Poitier, now 87, having starred in a number of films with Cosby including Uptown Saturday Night (1974), Let’s Do It Again (1975), and A Piece of the Action (1977). In 1990, Poitier switched roles and directed Cosby in the box office flop, Ghost Dad.

“Have you even heard of whispers about Sidney Poitier?,” the anonymous source asked the Enquirer at one point. “He’s dignified, and remains that way — which is why he will say nothing about Cosby.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/trending/Report-Sidney-Poitier-disgusted-with-Bill-Cosby-over-sexual-assault-allegations.html#IBGPMmPLOT4yCwMV.99

0 Replies

firefly

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 05:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
It was Cosby who could have gotten this resolved, and cleared his name, in a court room, when that civil suit was filed against him in 2006. He chose not to have that "timely trial" because he feared losing it--he settled it instead, and used his money to get rid of it and make it go away. Had he let that case go to trial, and won it, and cleared his name, he wouldn't be going through the sordid mess he finds himself in now.

In that civil case, there were 13 Jane Doe witnesses prepared to testify against him. and many of those are now the same women who have shed their anonymity and are now speaking openly about him, and what was done to them by him. He has not lodged defamation of character suits against them, as an innocent, falsely accused person might do, because he still doesn't want the truth about his behaviors to come out in a courtroom, and he still fears losing a defamation suit against them in court.

So stop claiming he's being "screwed out of" his day in court. He can still have it, he doesn't want his day in court.

I think, given the fact that the statute of limitations for his crimes has expired, these women have already achieved their current goal, which was to expose him, to tarnish his legacy and reputation, to let people know what the real Bill Cosby is like, to let people know what he did to them. And the real Bill Cosby ain't no Cliff Huxtable, and, thanks to these courageous women, most people are now well aware of that.

hawkeye10

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 06:52 pm
@firefly,
People who wait 40 years to report a crime are not courageous, they are the opposite of courageous. And I am not up for any excuse making either, I am so sick of people blaming everyone else for what they do or dont do. If Bill Cosby transgressed upon them sexually then he was wrong, and should have been hauled into court to face his accusers (and the accusers needed to face him as well), but not reporting was all on them, it was their dereliction of duty.
firefly

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 07:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
What is this "dereliction of duty" nonsense. Laughing

Well, these women, some of whom are now senior citizens, are not letting themselves be intimidated or silenced by Cosby's power or influence or money now--they are speaking out, and they are exposing him, and revealing something very unsavory and disturbing about his character.

Whether you personally believe them or not doesn't matter at all, enough other people have heard them, and do believe them, important people and organizations and institutions who have already moved to distance themselves from him, and to remove honors they had previously accorded to him. These women have exposed the real person, and ugliness, that's been hidden for decades behind his carefully crafted "good guy" pubic persona, and that's an important victory, and form of justice, for them, and I'm glad they lived to see that happen.

This will blow over and lose its newsworthiness and interest. But the damage to Cosby's legacy and reputation is permanent.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 08:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

When NBC and others say that they had over years heard rumor mill on Cosby I think they talking in the last ten years, post civil suit. If Cosby had been carrying on as alleged "Bill is a bad boy" would been circulating since the mid 60's at least. Could be, but I have not heard anyone claim this.

I posted about this earlier in the thread about friends in the entertainment industry talking about this 20 - 30 years ago. There was also stuff about him in my aunt's gossip mags back then (best cottage reading ever).
firefly

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 10:04 pm
@ehBeth,
Since Cosby hung out with the Playboy mansion party crowd, and the rat pack, his philandering was well known at least 40-50 years ago in the entertainment industry, even if his sexually assaultive behaviors weren't.

But even a lot of that philandering and womanizing was covered up from the general public so he could promote that solid trustworthy family guy image that helped him peddle products like Jello while surrounded by children.
Quote:
One of the first black people to appear in the United States as a spokesperson, he is noted for appeal to white consumers in the mid-century 20th century, in an industry seen as slow to accept diversity.
In spite of contradicting soft drink pitches and endorsing a disgraced financial company, he was considered very believable. In the 1980s, studies found Cosby the "most familiar" and "most persuasive" spokesperson, and the comedian himself noted his contracts had made him financially set for life. However in 2014 allegations of sexual assault significantly hurt Cosby's public image; public opinion polling of Cosby places him near the bottom of a list of 3,000 personalities, when rated on trust and effectiveness.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cosby_in_advertising

hawkeye10

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 11:58 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
But even a lot of that philandering and womanizing was covered up from the general public so he could promote that solid trustworthy family guy image that helped him peddle products like Jello while surrounded by children.
Of course he would want to do that, the story though is that everyone followed the belief that this was his right and his business. You remember, back when we were allowed to have and wanted a private life, something that the feminist/government cooperative has been waging war against for decades....

Way to miss the lead Firefly.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 6 Feb, 2015 12:02 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

I posted about this earlier in the thread about friends in the entertainment industry talking about this 20 - 30 years ago. There was also stuff about him in my aunt's gossip mags back then (best cottage reading ever).

My memory is that the tabloids talked about how he was connected and liked to have post sexual revolution fun. There was also a undertone of pride that he and Sammy Davis were treated 100% like white guys.
firefly

Fri 6 Feb, 2015 12:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
My memory is that the tabloids talked about how he was connected and liked to have post sexual revolution fun. There was also a undertone of pride that he and Sammy Davis were treated 100% like white guys.

When was it ever considered all right, and consistent with a good family guy image, for married men, with a wife and 5 children at home, to repeatedly cheat on their wives as part of some alleged "post sexual revolution fun"?

Cheating on your wife repeatedly wasn't acceptable then, and it's not acceptable now, and I'm not aware it was ever acceptable to Mrs. Cosby, who has called this her husband's "selfishness" and has acknowledged the distress this caused her.

His actual behavior was never consistent with the good guy family man trustworthy image he sold to the public. But for decades, he had the power and clout to largely control the media and what they said and reported about him. He's suddenly finding out he can't do that anymore, no matter how much his lawyer currently sputters and threatens to sue outlets like CNN for giving his accusers airtime.

I don't know about Cosby, but Sammy Davis Jr. was never treated "100% as a white guy".
Quote:
he once heard someone complaining about discrimination, and he said, "You got it easy. I'm a short, ugly, one-eyed, black Jew. What do you think it's like for me?"

When Davis dated, and then married, May Britt in the 1960's, intermarriage was still illegal in 31 states, and it created quite a furor.

BTW, the number of Cosby accusers is now up to 34.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 6 Feb, 2015 12:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

My memory is that the tabloids talked about how he was connected and liked to have post sexual revolution fun.

they called it fun once upon a time

now we call it rape/sexual assault