Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

ehBeth

Sat 17 Jan, 2015 02:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
so I dont care.

I understand that you don't care.

Perhaps you could explain why your feelings or opinions have any relevance.
ehBeth

Sat 17 Jan, 2015 02:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

We used to be better.

Most of the posters I know here are more mature and thoughtful than they were a decade or more ago.

Perhaps you have regressed - but please speak only for yourself.
hawkeye10

Sat 17 Jan, 2015 02:17 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Perhaps you could explain why your feelings or opinions have any relevance.

Really? I took you for smarter.

Because I am alive, and I live in a society where the feelings and opinions of those living within it matter.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 17 Jan, 2015 02:27 pm
@ehBeth,
Beth, are you getting testy because it increasingly looks like the accusations against Cosby run parallel to the claims of gang rape at U VA as outlined by Rolling Stone......lies told by women against men about sex, powered by idiot victim culture advocates?

Enquiring minds would like to know.
firefly

Sat 17 Jan, 2015 10:40 pm
http://ponderingprinciples.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/These-Women.jpg
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Tue 27 Jan, 2015 02:52 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cindra-ladd/bill-cosby-trust-me_b_6526064.html

Quote:
In 1969 I met Bill Cosby while working in New York for the late film producer Ray Stark. I was a 21-year-old single woman in the world's most exciting city. He was a 32-year-old internationally known comedian and television star, one of the most likeable and popular entertainers in the business. He asked for my number and I gave it to him.

We began hanging out, took in a movie, watched television and ate pizza and hot dogs in my apartment with my roommate. He was married to his current wife and he acted like a perfect gentleman who didn't come on to either of us, which, I have to admit, made me wonder what his objective was.

One night we were going out to a movie. We agreed to meet at an apartment that he said belonged to a friend of his. I had a terrible headache but didn't want to cancel the evening. He told me he had a miracle cure his doctor had given him that would get rid of the headache. He went into another room and came back with a capsule. I asked a couple of times what it was. Each time he reassured me, asking, "Don't you trust me?" Of course I did. This was Bill Cosby.

For more than 45 years I have tried to recall exactly what happened that night. To this day it remains a blur. I have a vague recollection of feeling like I was floating while walking through Times Square and watching some kind of Japanese samurai movie with him. I don't remember where the theater was nor very much of the evening.

What I do recall, vividly and clearly, is waking up the next morning nude in the bed of his friend's apartment and seeing Cosby wearing a white terrycloth bathrobe and acting as if there was nothing unusual. It was obvious to me that he had had sex with me. I was horrified, embarrassed and ashamed. There was a mirror above the bed, which shocked me further.

After some awkward small talk, I got out of there as fast as I could. Once in the elevator, I broke down crying, which I continued to do as I walked home to my apartment in the east 70s. It never occurred to me to go to the police. It was a different time and "date rape" was a concept that didn't exist. I just kept asking myself over and over in disbelief why this had happened to me. Other than my roommate, I did not discuss that night with anyone for 36 years.

Having come of age in the late 1960s and early 1970s before marrying in the mid 1980s at 37, I certainly have a history. The difference is that any other relationships were consensual ... my encounter with Bill Cosby was most certainly not.

In the years since that night I have crossed paths with Cosby only once, when my husband, a highly successful Oscar-winning film executive and producer, introduced me to him. I was shaking, wondering if he would recognize me by my unusual first name. His reaction spoke volumes. To Bill Cosby, I was just another stranger.

This is the first time I have chosen to speak out about that night. It is also the last time I intend to address it publicly. I have no plans to sue, I don't want or need money. I have no plans for a press conference or for doing any interviews
ehBeth

Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye, what proof did your wife provide for the sexual assault she has apparently claimed?

why did you deem it satisfactory? or did you not deem it satisfactory?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:20 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
It never occurred to me to go to the police. It was a different time and "date rape" was a concept that didn't exist
In 1969 21 year olds claiming to have had drugged up sex were a dime a dozen, and so long as physical force was not used that sex was not considered rape. As a citizen of the USA Bill Cosby is entitled to be judged based upon the laws in effect at the time he acted.

Quote:
He went into another room and came back with a capsule. I asked a couple of times what it was. Each time he reassured me, asking, "Don't you trust me?" Of course I did. This was Bill Cosby.
After a woman makes the choice to take mystery drugs handed to them by people they dont know or dont know very well I pretty much loose interest in what happens after.
FOUND SOUL

Tue 27 Jan, 2015 05:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
I was born in 1963, that would have made me 9. Let's say you are 60 you still would have been a wiper snipper so what would you know about 21 year olds in the 60's let alone that they were drugged up and sex were a dime a dozen with drugs. Here are 25 odd women that "were not deliberately taking drugs for sex, let alone wanting sex from Crosby". It's called rape.

Bill Cosby if guilty, knows he's guilty 100% but I bet he views it like you do, so what they took drugs in those days and had sex, I was just doing the same only I gave it to them without them knowing my evil plans, no they weren't evil, shirt everyone had sex back then.

Quote:
After a woman makes the choice to take mystery drugs handed to them by people they dont know or dont know very well I pretty much loose interest in what happens after

So what about the ones that had no idea that their drinks were spiked until after.

And, why should a young lady of 17,18,19,20,21 not trust a 26-32 year old Actor that is known to be a "role model", Father figure. Easy target for him wasn't it.

If you pretty much have lost interest in what has happened, don't bother coming onto this Thread. Because there are people out there that are interested and do care for these ladies to get closure.

blueveinedthrobber

Tue 27 Jan, 2015 05:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
Most of us don't give a **** what you think on the subject, but by all means carry on
hawkeye10

Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:33 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

Most of us don't give a **** what you think on the subject, but by all means carry on

Your permission is not required. This is AMERICA.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:41 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
If you pretty much have lost interest in what has happened, don't bother coming onto this Thread. Because there are people out there that are interested and do care for these ladies to get closure.
You dont know that anything happened to these ladies. It certainly appears that Cosby was pretty randy in his youth, and I think we knew that a long time ago so these accusations over the last 6 months dont add much to our understanding of Bill Cosby, but so far I have not heard an accusation other than the one from 08 (which sounds as phoney as they come) that has him doing something that would have been a matter for the justice system back then. Any crimes he committed were not going to land him or anyone else in legal trouble back then, the norms were very different than they are now. If this is true then we should shake our finger of disapproval for being a rouge at Bill Cosby, and move on to more important matters.

But right now we are waiting on evidence. The more women who start yakking with out a lick of evidence to support their stories the more I dont believe any of them.
hawkeye10

Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
BTW for those who noticed I have not been around much. Store #1 has been sucking up a lot of my time of late. From the looks of it this will be the situation for awhile.
cicerone imposter

Tue 27 Jan, 2015 07:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
We won't miss you, so not to worry.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 27 Jan, 2015 07:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
We won't miss you, so not to worry.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 27 Jan, 2015 07:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

BTW for those who noticed I have not been around much. Store #1 has been sucking up a lot of my time of late.

The more you who yak without a lick of evidence to support your stories the more I don't believe you. (sound familiar?)
hawkeye10

Tue 27 Jan, 2015 07:46 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
The more you who yak without a lick of evidence to support your stories the more I don't believe you. (sound familiar?)]

You are not this stupid/barbaric. When a person accuses they must prove, because the accused have as many and as much rights as they do. Except for men circa 2015, because men are the new niggers/fags.*biting sarcasm*
cicerone imposter

Tue 27 Jan, 2015 08:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
But you are stupid and barbaric; it's about you.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Wed 28 Jan, 2015 03:14 am
@hawkeye10,
Ok.

She asked a question one that I would have loved to have personally seen the answer, quite an intelligent question in reality because you have experienced a "verbal" rape situation without proof yes? And if not, you had the chance to say it wasn't verbal at all, there was proof.

That being said.

You make no sense. Your own wife stated she was raped and yet you want to stand by Cosby with some stupidity of a law that can't exist how can it? It was within a time frame that was out dated. No way can any woman prove it now.

Except for one thing. Some that are claiming want no money, no interview no discussion are with famous people yet they came out, in reality their lives now will be hellish for doing this, they had no reason to other than to speak to be heard for the others.

We've already agreed that "greed" will bring some of those 25 or so out money, money, money and I've already stated what would you know in the 60's you were a pup, 70's was more your era wasn't it? That's when all the **** of being dominant came out...

Congrats you've saved your woman and made her feel that your style of sex consenting is "ok" what ever happened to her wasn't, sex is "ok".

Let's just hope that these 25 or so feel the same way and had the same support. I'm guessing NOT because some are so devastated and withdrawn and kept it in their minds until they realised what happened as we evolve in life.

For someone that rescued his wife.

Your suggestions are sorry disgusting of your thoughts on this matter.

Again, coupled with your religious believe.

And now I will go and do yoga or something breathe in and out.

cicerone imposter

Wed 28 Jan, 2015 03:39 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Talk about circumstantial evidence in a trial, this one has it in spades.