Tech savvy doctors?

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 09:15 am
I just got a text message reminder from my dentist for the first time ever. Do you have a tech savvy doctor or dentist? What does that mean for your experiences with them?

engineer

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 09:40 am
@Banana Breath,
When I go to my doctor, he typically pulls up web sites and gives me links related to good eating.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 09:40 am
@Banana Breath,
Yes we do and I wish all service providers had similar communication access.

My mom's doctor, test results and medical records are available to me 24/7. Often I see test results before the doctor does.

I have periodic email conversations with her about mom's medications, test results and minor illnesses. Before our regular appointments with her I send her a list of items I want to cover with explanations. It saves time and let's her use the time to focus on mom rather than listen to me giving the background info she could more easily read and it makes mom more comfortable not to have us talking about her worsening symptoms in front of her.
chai2

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 10:11 am
@Butrflynet,
Same experience as Butrflynet.

Both Wally and I have docs where you can access your records 24/7, send them questions, get answers, request refills, appointments, information etc. etc. We also get email and text reminders.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Tech savvy doctors?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:33:06