http://able2know.org/topic/301962-1
http://able2know.org/topic/301965-1
0 Replies

vikorr

Fri 20 Nov, 2015 01:51 am
An excerpt from the Quillian Foundation report- referred to in a previous post:

Quote:
THE DERADICALISATION PROCESS

Positive counter-speech initiatives effectively countered the extremist narrative; however, separate factors influenced the impact of counter-speech initiatives for members of these two groups:

• former Islamist participants acknowledged that it was the speakers’ ability to undermine the foundations of the extremist narrative through a theological lens, which encouraged them to reflect and challenge their extremist ideology; whereas

• former far-right participants stated that the coherent and articulated delivery of the counter-narrative was an important factor which enabled them to engage with the narrative.
0 Replies

vikorr

Fri 20 Nov, 2015 01:48 pm
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/special-forces-enter-radisson-after-gunmen-take-hostages/story-fnihsmjt-1227617521292

Quote:
Special forces enter Radisson after gunmen take hostages

THE hostage situation in Mali is reportedly over with 27 bodies being counted at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Mali’s capital, Bamako....

African jihadist group Al-Mourabitoun, affiliated with al Qaeda, claimed responsibility for the attack on the luxury hotel packed with foreigners....
0 Replies

Johnjohnjohn

Fri 20 Nov, 2015 05:31 pm
@CerealKiller,
People don't believe in a God that wants us to go to Him to be saved from the one who rules this world, yet they believe in a god that decieves them and tells them to kill everyone.

Even after bible prophecies come true.

Example of 1:

Daniel 9:27 "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease,"

Oct 2009 - Obama Gets a peace prize or COVENANT for his promises and effort to "make peace" for the future

Exactly 1260 days later(3.5 years) or midst of the week (mid 7 years)

Daniel 11:31. "And forces shall be mustered by him, and they shall defile the sanctuary fortress; then they shall take away the daily sacrifices, and place there the abomination of desolation."

March 2013 - Obama stands in the holy place, yes, the same holy place that the same people he stands with destroyed, and ends passover sacrifice. Infact, in 2014 five people were arrested for plotting to bring back passover sacrifices.

Repent while you can. There are many bible prophecies, and most of them were fulfilled in perfect sequence. The ones that didnt are to come.
0 Replies

vikorr

Fri 27 Nov, 2015 04:26 pm
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/paris-attacks-police-release-image-of-third-suicide-bomber/story-fnihsmjt-1227618925468

Quote:
THREE out of four Australians believe a large-scale terror attack is likely to occur on our shores and one in four believe it’s inevitable, the latest Newspoll shows.

The poll, taken at the weekend for The Australian, also shows that two thirds of Australians believe the Muslim community is not doing enough to condemn terrorist acts...

Responding to the results, Liberal MP Andrew Nikolic told reporters Australians were right to be worried.

“It’s little wonder people are concerned when you see what happened in Paris, when you listen to the head of ASIO tell us there are 400 high priority investigations going on in our country that people still choose to go over and fight in Iraq and Syria, so people should be concerned,” he said...

Treasurer Scott Morrison said safety was at the centre of every government decision being made.

“The primary reason for us doing everything that we’re doing is to keep Australians safe,” he told 2GB radio...
0 Replies

vikorr

Sun 29 Nov, 2015 02:53 am
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/boko-harams-female-suicide-bombers-stalk-cameroon/story-fnihsmjt-1227627148672

Quote:
Boko Haram’s female suicide bombers stalk Cameroon

FIVE people have been killed in a double suicide attack by two young women in the restive far north of Cameroon...

No group claimed responsibility for the attacks, though they are in line with others launched by Boko Haram which has expanded attacks into Cameroon, Chad and Niger...

In total, more than 100 people have been killed in the far north of Cameroon in 20 suicide attacks blamed on the Nigerian jihadists since July.

Boko Haram’s six-year insurgency has left at least 17,000 people dead and made more than 2.6 million homeless
0 Replies

Nova Flare Q

Sun 29 Nov, 2015 01:13 pm
@CerealKiller,
http://www.worldblaze.in/top-10-most-peaceful-muslim-countries

As you can see from what the website says on each of the ten most peaceful, no Muslim nation is entirely peaceful. However, the same can be said with many other religions, though the Muslim duality (Sunni and Shia) appears to be a very high ranking threat these days. Not the peaceful Muslims, I mean the extremists who twist the Koran into what they want to hear, like the Catholics in the time of the Witch Hunts who twisted the Bible into what they wanted (often times not even citing any Scriptures to support their claims) and the KKK.

The Bible clearly states to stay away from sects and immoral conduct (brazen conduct) and violence. Galatians 5: "19 Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen, and they are sexual immorality,*+ uncleanness, brazen conduct,*+ 20 idolatry, spiritism,*+ hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, 21 envy, drunkenness,+ wild parties,* and things like these.+ I am forewarning you about these things, the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom.+"
-New World Translation 2013 (jw.org)

However, the Shia-Sunni divide goes against that scripture, as well as the many different churches of Christendom. So, in simple, yes and no: There is no truly peaceful Muslim nation just as there is no truly peaceful man-made political power. The only difference is that many Muslim countries where there is an extremist conflict based on forced-false-interpretations of the Koran (or not citing the Koran for reason at all) is where the violence lies.
0 Replies

vikorr

Sun 29 Nov, 2015 08:24 pm
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/is-controlling-sirte-libya-city-used-to-plot-terror-attacks/story-fnihsmjt-1227628200960

Quote:
IS controlling Sirte, Libya: City used to plot terror attacks

MUSIC is no longer played here and the first public beheadings have already taken place.

But this isn’t Iraq or Syria. In fact, this city is thousands of kilometres away on Europe’s doorstep — but Islamic State is fully in control...

According to reports, the number of fighters there has skyrocketed from 200 to 5000 in less than 12 months, with the group exploiting Libya’s deep divisions and two rival political parties...
0 Replies

Ionus

Fri 18 Dec, 2015 11:25 pm
If Christians are not accepted in Muslim countries as immigrants, but Muslims are accepted in Christian countries, who will be the larger after some time has passed? Given also that a Muslim will be killed if they convert to Christianity but not the other way around and given that Muslims patrol Christian cities enforcing Shariah law...and the breeding rate on Muslims...who will win?
0 Replies

vikorr

Sat 16 Jan, 2016 01:30 am
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-14/jakarta-bombing-suspected-terrorists-civilians-dead-after-attack/7089218

Quote:
Jakarta bombing: Attackers, civilians killed in blasts claimed by Islamic State, police say

Islamic State (IS) militants have claimed a gun and bomb assault on Indonesia's capital, police say, marking the first assault on the Muslim-majority country by the radical group.

Five of the seven people killed were the attackers themselves.

It took security forces about three hours to end the siege near a Starbucks cafe and Sarinah's, Jakarta's oldest department store, after a team of about seven militants traded gunfire with police and blew themselves up...
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 10:15 pm

Quote:
Misunderstandings
of Islam

2016.01.19 (Pakistan)
Eleven people at a market are blown to bits by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.

2016.01.18 (Cameroon)
A suicide bomber hits a rival mosque, taking out four woshippers.

2016.01.17 (Yemen)
A Fedayeen suicide bomber rams a bus into the home of a policeman, killing eleven.

2016.01.17 (Israel)
A mother of six children is stabbed to death in her home by an Arab terrorist.

2016.01.16 (Iraq)
An accused homosexual is flung from a roof by Religion of Peace proponents.

2016.01.16 (Syria)
Three hundred people are reported massacred during an ISIS assault on a small town featuring a suicide blast and 'door-to-door' beheadings.

(Note: Data for each attack is sometimes pulled from multiple sources. The provided link may not be in complete agreement with the updated detail for the incident).

Everyday. It just isn't what hits the news.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 10:23 pm
I will never understand how anyone can confuse religion with spirituality, let alone compare religion to spirituality. Spirituality is a harmonic exercise that brings you closer to the Source without prayer; without worship; without holier than thou rituals.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 12:45 am
I haven't read this thread, that I remember at all, maybe I will sometime. I figure people vary.

I'm here to say I'm reading Orhan Pamuk's SNOW.

I'm learning more than I knew before.
Olivier5

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 01:00 am
@ossobuco,
I envy you... Snow is a fabulous book.
ossobuco

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 01:09 am
@Olivier5,
I'm on page 109, with apprehension.
Olivier5

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 01:37 am
@ossobuco,
I found it hard to get past the first chapter or two, but once you settle into the book's unique and bizarre "mood" (Anatolia, secret societies, snow, depression, paranoia, poetry, love, islamism...) then you're hooked. This mood still haunts me years after.
ossobuco

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 01:45 am
@Olivier5,
He rights like silver, none of it fake, or even silvery if you try to touch it.
Olivier5

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 01:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Snow is his best work IMO. My Name Is Red is also good, a bit longuish perhaps. It's a sort of crime novel set in the little world of miniaturists in 1400's Istanbul. ( how awkward that sounds... )
ossobuco

Wed 20 Jan, 2016 01:31 pm
@Olivier5,
My Name is Red is on my side table "to finish" list, like it so far.
0 Replies

Nova Flare Q

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 10:50 am
Who keeps thumbing down the good posts?