Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

vikorr

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 03:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You obviously don't like the fact that the list of current 'evil in the name of Islam' which goes on, and on, and on, and on...You and I have already had numerous conversations where I have acknowledged evils like the inquisition....and yet you try to denounce anyone posting links to current events as ignorant / hypocritical / hater etc...all in your attempt to silence what are essentially - just links.

- Evils of the past do not justify evils of the present
- Evils of one religion do not justify the evils of another religion.

You sir, are an apologist for evil in the name of religion (in this case, Islam).
coldjoint

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 09:20 pm
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index_files/school-massacre-peshawar.jpg
Quote:
Hey, how about that? It only took the Religion of Peace eight hours
to transcend the shock and horror in Sydney... with a schoolhouse
massacre of over 100 innocent children (in the name of Allah).

How many children did the Inquisition kill?

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
vikorr

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 09:41 pm
@coldjoint,
Hi Coldjoint

Given the nature of Afghanistan and the conflict there, it's not clearcut that this is violence in the name of Islam (unless you have some credible information?). After all, the people they are attacking are Muslim - though I'm not sure if there is a Sunni / Shiite divide in the area. In any event, it seems to me much more likely that the major contributing factor is localised culture & conflict.

coldjoint

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 09:46 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
In any event, it seems to me much more likely that the major contributing factor is localised culture & conflict.

It is the enforcement of Sharia that causes this. It is about fundamental Islam. And there is no doubt Muslims are Islams most likely victims in a case like this.

That their obligation is to establish worldwide Sharia should be everyones concern.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 17 Dec, 2014 06:12 am
@vikorr,
What goes on and on is the violence perpetrated by Americans against Americans. If yoy understand simple math, you'll understand some basic truths. However, I:-['m sure you'll remain ignorant.
coldjoint

Wed 17 Dec, 2014 11:05 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What goes on and on is the violence perpetrated by Americans against Americans.

That pales compared to Muslim on Muslim violence. Or Muslim violence on Christians, Hindus, and Buddhists. And that violence is caused by Islam.
So I want to see numbers(American crime) and a body count that comes anywhere near terror attacks. I can produce numbers.

Produce it, or take your infantile excuses somewhere else.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 17 Dec, 2014 11:43 am
Quote:
Swiss magazine hacked, needs guards after posting article calling Quran “core of the problem”

He is right. It is impossible to argue the point, only apologize.
Quote:
After the article appeared, Thiel has received threats …

In an interview with the newspaper Switzerland on Sunday, Andreas Thiel defended his article. The satirist explained why he is competent enough to write about the Quran. “When I write about the Quran, then I read the Quran before,” says Thiel. After reading it, he was so upset that he decided to publish his findings. Thiel adds: “We live in a free country where everyone can express their opinion freely.”
0 Replies

vikorr

Wed 17 Dec, 2014 02:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What goes on and on is the violence perpetrated by Americans against Americans. If yoy understand simple math, you'll understand some basic truths. However, I:-['m sure you'll remain ignorant.
We've had similar conversations so many times before CI...and I've acknowledged each and every one of them (there is no reason not to - they are fact).

Your fanciful perception that I am ignorant of such things is just that - a fanciful perception of yours that makes it easier for you to justify to yourself your position of apologising for evil in the name of Islam.

This fanciful tactic of yours brings up issues you should ask yourself:

A. Why do you feel the need to keep saying (for example) 'you are ignoring the evils of christianity" (on just Christianity alone - is it 6 or so times now?) when each time I've acknowledge the your example?

B. How do evils, 600-1000 years (your examples of crusades, inquisition) in the past, justify current day evil in the name of Islam?

C. How does the evil of one religion (your comparison use of Christianity), justify the evil of another religion (the subject, Islam)?

D. What do you find wrong with judging a thing/system (in this case, violence in the name of Islam) on it's own merits?

You must find something wrong with B-D - for no matter how many times I've stated each underlying principle, you ignore them and keep posting comparisons like the "Historical Christian Evil" (which occurred) comparisons.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately CI (and I say unfortunately because I've seen many decent, thoughtful, and intelligent posts from you) in this area, you have blinded yourself to your own apologising for evil (done in the name of Islam). Your own self deception (blinding yourself) is why your behaviour is so erratic (believing I'm ignoring things I've acknowledged over and over to you again, each time claiming I'm ignoring them), and why you can't find fault with principles inherent in B-D...but keep ignoring such principles anyway.

Founding my beliefs in time tested principles is why:
- My behaviour stays constant
- I can post so many facts, and current events, that back up my perception
- I can acknowledge legitimate points of yours
- I can say 'I'm happy to change my mind if you can show me how I'm wrong'
- I can say 'so long as you educated on the subject & have an open - I'm happy for you to arrive at a different conclusion to me

The contrast in behaviour is between self-deceptive & self-testing, unable to be wrong & able to be wrong, emotionally founded beliefs & principle founded beliefs.
0 Replies

vikorr

Fri 19 Dec, 2014 01:30 am
Something good to see. Perhaps it will help deter other wouldbe Islamic terrorists in Australia.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/just-dump-man-haron-monis-body-at-sea-muslim-leaders-say/story-e6freon6-1227161221594

Quote:
SYDNEY’S chief Islamic ­funeral director yesterday declared no Muslim funeral home would accept the body of terrorist Man Haron Monis and authorities should just dump his corpse at sea or “chuck him in the bloody shithouse”.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 20 Dec, 2014 12:10 am
Quote:
Geert Wilders Was Right

Quote:
What a week. In an Australian café, a self-declared jihadi seized at least 17 hostages, two of whom were killed; and in Pakistan, 148 people, including 132 children, were massacred by the same branch of the Taliban that tried to murder Mala Yousafzai to prevent her from being educated.

Whether the terrorist in Australia acted alone or had an organization behind him is irrelevant. It did not stop him from killing two hostages. The manager of the Lindt cafe, 34-year-old Tori Johnson, and a 38-year-old lawyer and mother of three, Katrina Dawson, lost their lives.

What we have in both slaughters are individuals motivated by the same ideology, Islamism, and committing attacks against innocent civilians. More alarming is that many people apparently seem not to want to talk about the motivations, apart from mental illness, behind both attacks: Islamic ideology. Perhaps they fear being exposed to the same violence one day, or perhaps they fear jeopardizing business deals or votes. There may also be the temptation to run away from reality, in the hope that the more you deny it, the farther you are from it.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4968/geert-wilders-was-right#.VJQA3tLPK2c.twitter
0 Replies

vikorr

Sat 20 Dec, 2014 08:24 pm
Full Story http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/suspected-islamic-fanatic-shot-dead-after-stabbing-three-police-officers/story-fnihsmjt-1227163301575

Quote:
Suspected Islamic fanatic shot dead after stabbing three police officers

A SUSPECTED Islamist fanatic has been shot dead by cops after stabbing three officers in a knife rampage at a police station.

The man, shouting “Allahu Akbar” (”God is great” in Arabic), attacked the police station in Joue-les-Tours near the city of Tours in central France on Saturday.

The man injured the face of an officer at the entrance to the police station in Joue-les-Tours near the city of Tours in central France on Saturday and injured two other before he was shot, the interior ministry said....
vikorr

Tue 23 Dec, 2014 03:30 pm
@vikorr,
And following on from the above incident in France:

Full Story http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/gunman-fires-on-paris-synagogue/story-fnihsmjt-1227165727497

Quote:
The violence began on Saturday when a man reportedly shouting “Allahu Akbar” was shot dead after walking into a police station in the central town of Joue-les-Tours and attacking three officers with a knife, seriously injuring two of them.

On Sunday evening, a driver ploughed into pedestrians in Dijon in the east, injuring 13 people while shouting the same Islamic phrase which means “God Is Greater”...
0 Replies

vikorr

Wed 24 Dec, 2014 01:47 am
Full Storyhttp://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/afp-uncover-plot-to-attack-government-building-two-arrested-in-overnight-raids/story-fnihslxi-1227165793245
Quote:
AFP uncover plot to attack government building, two arrested in overnight raids

TWO men believed to be part of a terror plot to attack a government building in Sydney were arrested in overnight raids by a joint terrorism task force.

The Australian Federal Police seized a “significant amount of material” including documents with enough detail to “facilitate a terror attack” in a raid last Thursday which were followed up by arrests on Tuesday night.

“Certainly the documents talked a little bit about potential government targets and so on and what that did, coupled with other things that were seized during the search warrant gave us significant concern to act early,” Deputy Commissioner Phelan said....

When asked about the nature and size of the group they have been investigating, Phelan added:

“Certainly their ideology is linked to IS overseas....
coldjoint

Wed 24 Dec, 2014 04:20 pm
@vikorr,
I do not think that people enjoy the truth about the danger of Islam. These arrests and attacks are everywhere and still the denial is rampant. I guess it will take Islam directly affecting them. IMHO selfish, gutless bastards.

By then it will be a little late.
vikorr

Thu 25 Dec, 2014 03:15 pm
@coldjoint,
For the most part, apologists & denialists beliefs start with the denial of the breadth/frequency and severity of the violence in the name of Islam - if they can deny that, then there is no reason whatsoever to look into 'a problem that doesn't exist'.

For decades, through 'multi-culturalism ideology' the govt has promoted a 'non-criticism of outside religions or cultures that live here' attitude... until educated society has become largely self censuring and unwilling to even contemplate if issues exists in (in this case) outside religions. If you keep posting current examples of the violence in Islam's name - such a thing rocks their belief structure (of non criticism of outside religions)...and next to no one likes their belief structure being rocked.

If you read into psychology - trying to filter out things that don't agree with your beliefs is part of a survival mechanism built into the brain. My opinion is this sort of brain function can be overcome (we can consciously override a lot of our genetic instincts), but usually people are at the unconscious mercy of it.
coldjoint

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 11:39 pm
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index_files/sharia-flogging7.jpg

Any feminists, progressives, cowards?
Quote:
A Sharia policeman in 'moderate' Indonesia
works hard to keep this woman from getting hurt:
"Women who wear tight clothes are inviting bad things to happen to them, such as rape. Actually crime happens because we invite it."

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 27 Dec, 2014 12:04 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
If you read into psychology - trying to filter out things that don't agree with your beliefs is part of a survival mechanism built into the brain. My opinion is this sort of brain function can be overcome (we can consciously override a lot of our genetic instincts), but usually people are at the unconscious mercy of it.
What we have now is different, where people only have in their environment people and ideas that they approve of, to support their worldview. This is willful ignorance, this is choosing to indulge in fantasy rather than facing the truth.
cicerone imposter

Sat 27 Dec, 2014 07:44 am
@hawkeye10,
WOW! I'm impressed. One of the few statements I've agreed with all year.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 27 Dec, 2014 01:36 pm
Quote:
Denmark: Muslims beat random couple with bottle and iron chains in the face (graphic photos)

http://www.uriasposten.net/pics/FBNanna241214.jpg

Quote:

“The couple from Vesterbro in Copenhagen was on their way home from Christmas Eve.

The couple was walking along around Enghaveplads (Copenhagen area known for roaming packs of Muslims) when a young guy came cycling. He was only 16-17 years, but seemed very confrontational.

‘What do you want? Do you have a problem‘, he asked us several times and got off his bike, Nanna says to Ekstra Bladet.

At one point Mads asks the youth ‘What - what do you want‘? and the teenager goes amok.

Nanna describes how the youth hits Mads in the head with a glass bottle.

Suddenly more youths come up from a basement. They are armed with iron chains, the kind that is uses for locking scooters and motorcycles. They attack Mads. He defends himself, while punches and kicks rain down on him, and soon he fall to the ground.

‘- He shouted at me that I should run, but I was afraid that they would kill him. So I intervened,’ says Nanna Woodsman.

She was knocked to the ground and had her face beaten with the iron chains. Thereafter, the youths ran away. …

Nanna was hit directly in the face with chains and among other things she has lost a tooth and got a split lip. …

Nanna describes the perpetrators as migrant youth.

Suspects:
A: Man, foreigner possible Somali background 16-17 years wearing blue hooded sweatshirt, dark clothes and white sneakers shoes.

B: Male maybe Somali 16-17 years, bald wearing black winter jacket with white hoodie, light jeans and dark shoes.

http://10news.dk/denmark-muslims-beat-random-couple-with-bottle-and-iron-chains-in-the-face-graphic-photos/

vikorr

Sat 27 Dec, 2014 05:56 pm
@coldjoint,
Hmmm...this is the sort of example where one could legitimately argue 'what about crime from #### section of society'. Every city has 'no-go zones' relating to violent crime.

Further - there is nothing to identify them as muslim, nor (as an obvious extension) to even remotely indicate it was inspired by Islam. It just identifies them as immigrants, possibly Somali. From just what is written - it's a misleading & inflammatory headline.