Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

vikorr

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 08:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
For your charge that Muslims are violent based on their religious belief
You too? I had hoped for better behaviour from you, as I've corrected you before on this, and you've seen me correct Parados numerous times on my position.

My position has always been 'Islam contributes to violence done in Islams name'.

....this position of mine is very different your assertion of 'For your charge that Muslims are violent based on their religious belief' - which sentiment references all violence (rather than the very specific type of violence - 'violence in Islams name' - that I use).
cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 08:53 pm
@vikorr,
You,
Quote:
My position has always been 'Islam contributes to violence done in Islams name'.

So? There are also other religious extremists that kill in their god's name.

What exactly are you trying to tell us? Have you ever heard of the Inquisition?

Your position has always been
Quote:
that my position is that Islam contributes to violence done in the name of Islam.

Compared to what other groups? Your myopia proves you're a bigot.
White Americans are more violent than Muslims when you compare the numbers.
Try to memorize this FACT. You're probably too ignorant and bigoted to understand the whole meaning of what that means.
vikorr

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 09:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Haven't we already been over this? I'm fairly certain you've seen me acknowledge the evils of the Inquisition & the Crusades, and Christianity's contribution to that.

And I'm fairly sure You've seen me say (A) "We can discuss that in a thread on Christianity if you like', and (B) 'each religion can be treated, and judged, on it's own merits'. I think we'd find ourselves in agreement on most examples you'd raise on Christianity, so I don't think it'd be a long thread.

That you can neither bring yourself to do (A) nor (B), nor find a problem wrong with (c) treating things that contain differences on their own merits - <the sound principle which gives rise to (A) & (B)>... says much.

Only biased people need fear judging a thing (containing differences) on it's own merits.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 09:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The United States is tops -- way tops -- for gun deaths, with a 2010 rate of 3.2 firearm-related deaths per 100,000 population, according to statistics collected by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. Chile was second at 2.2, followed by Turkey and Switzerland, tied for third at 0.8. The rest of the countries fell below 1, if they made the map at all.

Are all the killings in the US in the name of christianity? No Muslim country is even listed in the top ten countries.

Your misinterpretation that Islam leads people to violence just proves your are totally ignorant about Islam. It also proves you're a bigot of the worst kind; total IGNORANCE of scholarship.

Do you understand the christian bible? Your god tells christians to stone anyone who doesn't believe in him, and those who are homosexuals. That's in your bible. Since all Muslims are not christians, why aren't you killing them?

Show us where in the quran it tells its adherents to kill innocent people?

The Quran's principle message:
Quote:
What is most important, Tawhidic message involves accountability to God. Every person is answerable to God for what he/she does. Whatever resources have been given to us, we are responsible for their proper care and we should use them for the benefit of our fellow human beings, who are all God’s servants. We are required to live a pious and virtuous life, with peace and justice, in accordance with the Divine Guidance revealed to the prophets of God. On the Day of Judgment everyone will stand before the tribunal of God to receive God’s forgiveness and reward or punishment.

coldjoint

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 09:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
just proves your are totally ignorant about Islam

Yes you certainly are. You have seen the verses and have seen the killing. Again, I don't think I have ever confronted someone quite as stupid as you. You are truly special.
0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 09:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
White Americans are more violent than Muslims when you compare the numbers.

Try to memorize this FACT. You're probably too ignorant and bigoted to understand the whole meaning of what that means.
Oh dear...

Even with the knowledge that ingrained biases make people see & hear what they want to see and hear...it is still entirely amazing that you can't get your head around the fact that this stat has nothing whatsoever to do with my position. We could even agree (were we to see a side by side comparison) on the stat...and it still wouldn't have any relevance to what I have been talking about (violence done in Islams name)....as you'd be presenting stats about violence that is not done in Islams name.
cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 09:17 pm
@vikorr,
The only RELEVANCE your posts proves is your total IGNORANCE AND BIGOTRY.
vikorr

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 09:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Do you understand the christian bible? Your god tells christians to stone anyone who doesn't believe in him, and those who are homosexuals. That's in your bible. Since all Muslims are not christians, why aren't you killing them?
How odd. I'm sure you know that I'm not Christian.

Quote:
Your misinterpretation that Islam leads people to violence just proves your are totally ignorant about Islam
Again odd - the versus of the Quran are quite clear in their numerous calls to violence. Those versus match the writer & founder's behaviour.

Quote:
Show us where in the quran it tells its adherents to kill innocent people?
Have you not even bothered to read the numerous links in this thread containing Quranic quotes calling for violence?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 09:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Numbers from reputable sources only will be acceptable.

Where is the source I asked for?
coldjoint

Quote:
Reply edit Delete report Sun 26 Oct, 2014 05:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Another statistics of interest; Indonesia vs USA.

Link.
Signature We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men.

0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 09:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Actually CI, I'm not the one here:
- refusing to discuss evidence of violence in the name of Islam
- refusing to discuss how that evidence matches quotes from the Quran
- refusing to discuss the founders behaviour
- refusing to acknowledge that most of the people committing violence in the name of Islam have grown up in the religion

You can call bigot all you like, but the behaviour of you and I proves the reverse.
coldjoint

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 09:25 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
You can call bigot all you like, but the behaviour of you and I proves the reverse.

You think that will register? I doubt it.
0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 09:27 pm
@vikorr,
I would also point out that I'm not the one here purposely misrepresenting another's position.

I'm also posting on sound principle - which you can't find fault with (the principle of judging a thing containing differences on it's own merits)

0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 31 Oct, 2014 03:49 am
@cicerone imposter,
+1. This is a very pathetic attempt to rationalise and "intellectualise" bigotry, mostly to justify it to themselves. Nobody else is buying the horseshit. It's exactly the same as Carloslebaron's Holocaust denial.
parados

Fri 31 Oct, 2014 06:51 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
Still can't bring yourself to speak the truth? I'll point out to you, yet again, that my position is that Islam contributes to violence done in the name of Islam.

Which is exactly the same thing as saying Islam contributes to peace done in the name of Islam. It is a nice statement but it says nothing about the religion itself. Of course, the difference is well over 90% of Muslims practice peace in the name of Islam which would seem to give any statement about the religion contributing to peace to have more weight.

Quote:

Seriously dude...you can't bring yourself to educate yourself, you can't discuss evidence, you completely stuff up your logic, you attempt to demonise the position of people you disagree with, and engage in outright deceit...And you can't see that such behaviour is rooted in deep biases that you possess.

I appear to be much better educated than yourself. I am the only one bringing actual facts about the violence that covers the entire religion. You are relying on anecdotes and making the illogical step of taking the actions of a few and attempting to apply it to an entire group. As to demonizing those that disagree, I guess you haven't bothered to read Pinkie's posts or you are so blinded by your position you agree with him.

Quote:

This is the sort of behaviour also engaged in by Determined racists - behaviour they must engage in, in order to be able to believe/'justify' their own position.
Really? And in the same post you just claimed I was demonizing my opponent? Could you be a little more passive aggressive?
cicerone imposter

Fri 31 Oct, 2014 09:33 am
@parados,
Quote:
Which is exactly the same thing as saying Islam contributes to peace done in the name of Islam. It is a nice statement but it says nothing about the religion itself. Of course, the difference is well over 90% of Muslims practice peace in the name of Islam which would seem to give any statement about the religion contributing to peace to have more weight.

And that's based on their Quran. On the other hand, most of us can produce verses from the bible that approves and commands its people to kill non-believers.

vikorr claimed he can't use percentages. ha ha ha.....
He probably doens't know how!
The US population is over 80% christians, and our country has started more illegal wars and killed more people than any other religion or country since the 21st century.

parados

Fri 31 Oct, 2014 09:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
The US was about 73% Christian in 2012. The % has been dropping from about 78% in 2007.

http://www.pewforum.org/2012/10/09/nones-on-the-rise/
cicerone imposter

Fri 31 Oct, 2014 10:31 am
@parados,
I remember a time when christians made up over 80%. I guess more people are dropping out of their churches and religions. That's quite a big drop when considered from the standpoint that belief in god is usually a lifelong commitment. Amazing!
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 31 Oct, 2014 11:17 am
@parados,
Quote:
The US was about 73% Christian in 2012. The % has been dropping from about 78% in 2007.

And what does any of that have to do with Islam inspired terrorism?

The answer would be nothing.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 31 Oct, 2014 11:19 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
This is a very pathetic

You must be talking about the way Islam is walking over British citizens with the help of your cowardly leaders.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 31 Oct, 2014 11:23 am
@parados,
Quote:
As to demonizing those that disagree, I guess you haven't bothered to read Pinkie's posts or you are so blinded by your position you agree with him.

Demonizing is your game. You are a proven race baiter and progressive shill. Islam demonizes itself. I guess you have not read my posts.
0 Replies