Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

Ranikrish

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 11:32 pm
@no logo,
Not really! **** is brewing there and in due time it's going to hit..the FAN I mean.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 11:37 pm
@CerealKiller,
Quote:
Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

Khwarism. That's a dead muslim nation (Genghis Khan killed it)...
0 Replies

auroreII

Wed 30 Jul, 2014 10:09 pm
http://allenbwest.com/2014/07/brits-signing-join-isis-uk-army-reserve/
A fox running loose in the hen house?
My newspaper did a man on the street interview. They asked 6 random people whether or not they believed in God. None of them did. Sometimes I think God looks down and sees us, then he sees the muslims who regularly have a call to prayer.
I believe in God and I wonder who he will side with if it should come to that.
Zipello

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 02:21 pm
@auroreII,
Also depends if you see God as Allah.
In Christianity the solution for an individual's sin is the death and resurrection of Jesus,this was planned by God way back in time.
In Islam you have submission to Allah,but no true cleansing.
So the individual jihadist makes his own plan,so very sad.
These people need Christ but,if you go there to preach you will get your head chopped off.
roger

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 02:47 pm
@Zipello,
Zipello wrote:

These people need Christ but,if you go there to preach you will get your head chopped off.

There is that.
0 Replies

vikorr

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 10:38 pm
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/isis-slick-pr-great-wealth-and-strategies-to-rival-any-corporate-machine/story-fnihsmjt-1227038352970
Quote:
IT’S wealthier than a small country, boasts a PR machine to rival the slickest Hollywood agency, and employs highly sophisticated strategies: what is this organisation?

Terrifyingly, this is ISIS — the most dangerous and powerful group in the world right now...

Al-Qaeda is now seen as “moderate” by those who admire the tactics of ISIS, with Osama bin Laden’s successor Ayman al-Zawahiri labelling the Islamic State too extreme...

ISIS is open about its huge ambitions for scale. Just three years ago, it had only 1000 members. Now 80,000 fighters from across the world have joined the cause, according to Medium...

The Islamic State is remarkably rich, with an estimated $2 billion in the bank from a combination of private donations, tax, ransom payments and commercial revenue streams.

With Syria in disarray, it has taken over oil fields, electricity plants and dams as part of a strategy to control key infrastructure, much like a government...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 11:27 pm
Just from my spot reading of some posts on this thread, I'm surprised at the ignorance about "muslim nations."

From wiki.
Quote:
According to the Pew Research Center in 2010 there were 57 Muslim-majority countries.[12] Around 62% of the world's Muslims live in South and Southeast Asia, with over 1 billion adherents.[13] The largest Muslim population in a country is in Indonesia, a nation home to 12.7% of the world's Muslims,

Unfortunately, most people, especially in the US, learn about Muslims from our media and politicians that are mostly misinformation about Muslims and their countries. Muslims represent 23% of the world's population, and THEY ARE NOT THE MOST VIOLENT NOR ARE MOST MUSLIMS TERRORISTS.

From Wiki.
Quote:
The Princeton University Middle Eastern scholar Bernard Lewis, states that Islamic jurisprudence does not allow terrorism.[52] In 2001, Professor Lewis noted:[53]

At no time did the (Muslim) jurist approve of terrorism. Nor indeed is there any evidence of the use of terrorism (in Islamic tradition).[54] Muslims are commanded not to kill women, children,[55] or the aged, not to torture or otherwise ill-treat prisoners,[56] The rules and regulations concerning prisoners of war in Islam to give fair warning of the opening of hostilities, and to honor agreements.[57] Similarly, the laws of Jihad categorically preclude wanton and indiscriminate slaughter.[58] The warriors in the holy war are urged not to harm non-combatants, women and children, "unless they attack you first." A point on which they insist is the need for a clear declaration of war before beginning hostilities, and for proper warning before resuming hostilities after a truce. What the classical jurists of Islam never remotely considered is the kind of unprovoked, unannounced mass slaughter of uninvolved civil populations that we saw in New York two weeks ago. For this there is no precedent and no authority in Islam.

We have been bombarded by the media about Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan, where terrorist activities and our engagement with these countries have been failures. When have we heard about the Muslim majority countries that have been experiencing terrorist activities beyond the west?

I have personally traveled to Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan in Central Asia. These are Muslim majority countries where it's illegal to promote religion. School children in most of those countries have approached our travel group to talk with us, because they want to practice their English. Many speak multiple languages, and we met one boy who speaks seven languages. I've also traveled to Indonesia several times, and the people there are some the most gentle and friendliest on this planet. I also have friends in Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. He and his wife are doctors, and they're also Muslims.

The impressions most Americans have of Muslims are wrong.

coldjoint

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 09:04 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Let me conclude by noting that Lewis's apologetic tendencies must have been attractive to the Muslim Brotherhood/Saudi Wahhabi front the Institute of Muslim Minority Affairs, and its pseudo-academic Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs (JMMA), which has been an Abedin family enterprise since 1979. Regardless of whether Lewis was a willing dupe, or not, he served on the editorial board of the JMMA for some 14 years, from 1996 to 2010, despite the fact this "academic" journal was, and remains, a thinly veiled mouthpiece for Sharia supremacism. These critical limitations of his scholarship and judgment have implications which must also be recognized by all those for whom Lewis remains an iconic source of information, and advice, especially policy advice.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/03/bostom_interview_what_went_wrong_with_bernard_lewis.html#ixzz3BbZikjeZ
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
0 Replies

Realistic2014

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 08:09 pm
@CerealKiller,
Guess what country has the largest Muslim population in the world. I will give you a big hint: It's spelled I N D O N E S I A. As far as I know, no war going on there
coldjoint

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 08:33 pm
@Realistic2014,
Quote:
As far as I know, no war going on there

They cane women in public in Indonesia. They are great example of Islam and the backward evolution of man.
Realistic2014

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 09:22 pm
@coldjoint,
Yes, there probably are instances of that sort of thing. It's a huge country. Some parts of it have not changed much from the way things were 100 years ago. Other parts have in some ways moved ahead of the United States.
About 15 years ago, Indonesia became the first nation in the world to have a female president (she was vice-president and moved up when the president resigned.) When her term ended, she twice ran for election, but lost both times in multi-party elections.
A few years ago my wife and I spent a year hosting a high-school exchange student from Indonesia. He is now in an Indonesian university studying medicine. His younger sister has entered university too. His mother is a police officer and his father owns a fishing business. There is a Christian church just across the street from their home. Everyone in the family is an active Muslim, but they enjoy hearing the music and carols coming from the church every Christmas.
cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 09:32 pm
@Realistic2014,
Welcome to a2k. Glad to see someone else who knows about Muslims first hand, and can speak to the subject with some authority.

Most Americans get their impressions from our media that is not BALANCED about Muslims. It's scary, because I remember a shopkeeper in Arizona who was killed because some American thought he was a Muslim, but was an Indian.

http://saldef.org/issues/balbir-singh-sodhi/#.U_6igVCwUas
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 09:57 pm
@Realistic2014,
That is real nice but the doctrine of Islam says what is says. And it is dangerous, cruel, sexist, supremacist and hateful.
cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 10:09 pm
@coldjoint,
You are too ignorant to even discuss any subject with. Why don't you post your ignorance someplace else!

Do us all a favor and disappear from a2k.

cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 10:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Many like icebrain thinks Islam is one religion. He doesn't understand the simple fact that there are 57 majority Muslim countries in this world with different cultures. The few countries with extremism that influences their religion has nothing to do with Islam.

Even the Shiites and Sunnis in Iraq have been warring with each other for over a thousand years. That doesn't happen in all majority Muslim countries. As a matter of fact, those kinds of extremism happens in only a few Muslim countries - which is the minority of Muslims.

Shiites also live in India and Pakistan, but they don't practice the extremism of some countries in the Middle East. That's because their culture is different.

coldjoint

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 10:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You are too ignorant to even discuss any subject with.

You are the one who refuses to discuss the doctrine. Are you denying the Korans validity? The facts are there and the actions of todays Islamists bares them out. Again you avoid the facts, not me.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 09:01 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The few countries with extremism that influences their religion has nothing to do with Islam.

It has everything to do with Islam. Where do you think the supposed extreme ideas come from? They come from Islamic holy literature. Sharia comes from Islam. Sharia is extreme, barbaric and sexist.

You can ignore me, which is just an excuse, because you, or no one else, can deny the truth in what I just wrote.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 10:38 pm
Quote:
A few examples of acts desecrating a holy book. Not the Quran –the Bible. Acts that are not vilified by the left, acts that are not a cause of progressive sanctimonious outrage. The left fall over themselves when it comes to defending Islam. Free speech stands between the free and tyrants, a right that is non-existent in Islam. What does that make Islam? What does that make progressives who unconditionally defend Islam, no questions asked, thank you very much, move along, nothing to see here?

I could use an answer to that question. Anyone wish to discuss why Islam is defended by Progressives, and the reasons for that defense?
http://www.ironicsurrealism.com/2010/09/09/quran-burning-controversy-an-exercise-in-selective-outrage/
0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 11:02 pm
@Realistic2014,
Realistic2014 wrote:
Guess what country has the largest Muslim population in the world. I will give you a big hint: It's spelled I N D O N E S I A. As far as I know, no war going on there

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Muslim_Statistics_-_Persecution

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Indonesia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jemaah_Islamiyah
cicerone imposter

Sat 30 Aug, 2014 01:46 am
@vikorr,
vikorr, As usual, you only look for information about terrorism in majority Muslim countries. That's called 'myopia,' and I would also label that as 'ignorance.'

Here's the list of terrorism in the United States from Wiki. It seems we have more terrorism than all the countries listed on your majority Muslim countries. Don't forget, there are 57 Muslim majority countries with over 2 billion people. The US has 318 million.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States