I messed up the relationship and want a second chance, is it possible?

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 12:29 pm
Let me start that we have been together for 7 years and we have an amazing bond and connection like no other. Last year, I seriously didn't know what came over me and therefore, I made a mistake that I DEEPLY regret -- I cheated….

Ever since then, I had never cheated or came CLOSE to cheating and NEVER will. I obviously learned my lesson.

Now he broke up with me because I cheated. I have changed since the year I cheated and he sees that and wants to work things out between us, however, he keeps replaying the image of me and the other guy in his head and that gets him angry and thus, yelling at me to "leave him alone". One day, he tells me he doesnt want to leave me but the next day, he does. He's confused. He also said he wants to be "just friends" but I didn't think it would work. Eventually, I initiated that I'll leave him alone (to respect his decision.. although, he didn't want me to leave him alone).

So now, it's been 8 days so far with no contact. I am starting to worry he won't give me a second chance and all these negative thoughts start to come into my head. I wonder if he's still thinking about me or perhaps, missing me and wanting to get back together. I KNOW we can work things out, but only if he's willing to. I also know that I will be faithful all throughout our relationship (if there will be one).

He also said I've lost his complete trust and that he will trust me again ...in time. I also forgot to mention… he wants to marry me but once he gets past this "anger" stage. I fear that if I give him time… that he will move on and forget about me completely =(

Would you guys give a second chance to a girl who's completely changed (have not cheated since that year and will never do)?

P.S. Because I know what I did was a TRAGIC thing, I have become involved in many things at church and gone to confession. I KNOW for a fact that I will never be unfaithful again. It is not in my book.

View best answer, chosen by tanyatica
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 12:49 pm
@tanyatica,
It might be a good idea for the both of you to get counseling - if he comes around and wants to continue. He needs to find a way to get past things, and the relationship itself would need to get onto a more even keel (otherwise, all you do is walk on eggshells around him, which sucks).

Would I take back someone who cheated? I don't know. But you're not trying to have the relationship with me. The only vote that counts here is his when it comes to that ballot initiative (sorry; I've got Election Day on the brain).

I'm sorry this is happening. But I would think that you're beginning to be served a kind of passive message here. Only you can decide when it becomes a loud enough message that you hear that it's over (if it continues indefinitely). He might come around, sure. It's not unheard of. But I think he's breaking up (again) by inaction.
tanyatica

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 01:36 pm
@jespah,
Yes, I am going to give him some space to think things through and perhaps, to heal and HOPEFULLY get over the pain and hurt and anger.

And yes, he is very passive aggressive. We never physically fight… it was always verbal. He knows that I am too and we both ALWAYS communicate after we fight.

I KNOW in the back of his mind he wants to stay with me, but the thought of me cheating on him makes him want to run away.

He was already in the process of buying me a ring and all… we were THAT serious. He said he still wants to marry me despite all this… but until AFTER he finds trust in me and believes that I have really changed and won't cheat on him again.

Do you think the "no contact" is best for us? Or should we be "just friends" so he can see how I've really changed and to rebuild my trust with him will work?
NSFW (view)
NSFW (view)
roger

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 05:47 pm
@tanyatica,
It kind of sounds like you are going to keep hearing about this incident as long as you know him in any kind of relationship. I've no idea if you could live under a microscope forever, or not. I couldn't, but maybe that's just me.
0 Replies

imimpatientforanswer

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 05:52 pm
@imimpatientforanswer,
That mental situation
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 06:04 pm
@imimpatientforanswer,
What on God's green Earth do you think you are replying to?
imimpatientforanswer

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 06:08 pm
@roger,
Quote:
What on God's green Earth do you think you are replying to?
0 Replies

imimpatientforanswer

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 06:10 pm
@roger,
Hi roger i kind of cant control my talking to myself whether alone or via social Media How Are You
roger

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 06:38 pm
@imimpatientforanswer,
Thanks for the answer. Feeling kind of mediocre at the moment. Thanks for asking.
imimpatientforanswer

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 06:42 pm
@roger,
I think youre stalking me
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 07:11 pm
@tanyatica,
If he can not get over it you do not want him in your life as living with someone who will throw that up for years in the future or not grant you trust going forward is not someone anyone should have as a partner.

Yes indeed it is your fault for cheating but at this point that is beside the point as far as going forward in the relationship is concern.

Off hand it seems far less stressful for you to take the lesson of not cheating to heart and then find another lover that you will not cheat on.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I messed up the relationship and want a second chance, is it possible?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:35:49