United Nations veto system. Are you for it or against it?

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 11:56 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Unless someone can provide any argument for keeping the veto system, a bill, with out any attachments to it, should be passed to eliminate it.
contrex

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 01:34 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:

Unless someone can provide any argument for keeping the veto system, a bill, with out any attachments to it, should be passed to eliminate it.

But it would get vetoed.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 02:25 pm
@contrex,
Hehe agreed my spelling needs some improvement. But I am trying to understand the logic of promoting peace by a process that is not equal to all humans.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 08:42 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
The only reason why the World has allowed any Nation to possess enough weapons of mass destruction, to murder all the life on this planet, is because of this system.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2014 05:31 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Yes I agree that some of us live in the western hemisphere and some in the eastern, some are farmers, builders, teachers, some are in the city while others are living of the land. Some of us have dimples when we smile, or ears that completes the unique individual that we all are.
But these things should not affect how each person's voice count... should it?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2014 08:21 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Well I am just trying to understand the concept, of how this system would promote peace, in the long run. Could anyone help me understand it?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 09:09 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Is the idea behind the concept maybe to have Nations the capacity to murder millions, therefore trying to maintain peace by putting fear on the others?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2014 10:04 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
If we used the resources and effort, that we use for this purpose, in other manners of spreading peace, could we get more accomplished?
0 Replies