I had an affair

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 02:07 am
it lasted 6 years, she told me she just couldn't be with a man who is married. I feel in one way relieved it is over but I am also hurting from losing her. I worry she may want to try and get together again and I really don't want that again. I know I am vulnerable while this hurting is so painful. If she wants to get together how should I handle it and this hurting, how can I at least ease it. Thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,898 • Replies: 42

jespah

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 07:06 am
@roughtim,
Google how to block a number on your particular brand and model of phone. Delete her contact info, and have any emails go to spam. Unfriend and block her on Facebook, don't follow her on Twitter or Instagram, etc.

If she still manages to get through to you, tell her you're not interested. Slam the door in her face if you have to; tell your wife and have her do it, whatever.

Say no and mean it.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 07:54 am
@roughtim,
Get a new hobby.

All that TIME you took to keep up this affair will have to be filled somehow. (I'd advise you to re-direct it to your marriage, but I be that's something you don't really want to do)

roughtim

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 12:29 am
@jespah,
I have done what you mentioned and the not interested part sounds like the right reply. thanks
0 Replies

roughtim

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 12:34 am
@PUNKEY,
My wife and I get along just fine, just there is not much conversation from her side. Any conversation is short. I tried talking to her many times about it but its just her personality. With the other women we could talk the hours away and I really miss that. its like being alone when someones right next to you. She never knew about the affair and still doesn't. Thanks for the reply
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:59 am
When I hear that, I really wonder about what's going on at home.

Are there children? does she work? care for elderly parents? physically sick? She sounds like she's shut down.

You don't say much about what's going on with her, but believe me, she KNOWS that your heart is somewhere else. No one can cover that up for years.

Please consider marriage counseling. Then, if you two separate, at least you will learn how to make a plan to do that. If you desire more intimacy in your relationship, then at least try to re-kindle what you had with her before seeking it elsewhere.

May I ask your ages?
Eliusa

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 08:10 am
@roughtim,
So you love a woman who said she can't be with you because you are married.
Why not to make it right and divorce your wife and marry loved one?
Please, answer this, it is very important to me. Thanks
Eliusa

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 08:12 am
@roughtim,
I am trying so hard to understand why men who seem not in love with their wives are still hanging on to them like there was a reason.
I want to know that reason.
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 08:13 am
@jespah,
SHE had ended an affair.
WHY is the door in HER face?
WHY is she still a bad one here?
jespah

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 08:16 am
@Eliusa,
He said he wanted a way to say no. I gave him one. That's all.
0 Replies

roughtim

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 10:46 pm
@PUNKEY,
we are in our 50s, there are no problems with anything but conversation. We do date night a couple times a week, go out to dinner, watch movies. We have a good sex life. Our kids are grown nothing else going on. My wife is going to wonder why I ask to go to marriage counseling. I got that many here would think bad of me for what I have done and I deserve that. I was hoping someone could tell me how to deal with the hurting.
roughtim

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 10:48 pm
@Eliusa,
I love my wife too. I didn't find it difficult to love two women. Thanks to everyone who replied, talking about this does help.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 10:52 pm
@roughtim,
What did you tell your wife you were doing when you were with your girlfriend?

You've got time to fill - so why not actually do what you were claiming to do?

Do you have any hobbies/interests? take up running - challenge yourself with local marathons or triathlons.
roughtim

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 10:54 pm
@ehBeth,
I have my own business, being away and time of the day is not unusual, its the night time that is bad, i am busy during the day and evenings
ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 11:25 pm
@roughtim,
join a 24 hour gym?

really

I looked into that at one point - I was surprised how many there were.
roughtim

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 12:15 am
@ehBeth,
I get the point, keep busy doing something. Thanks
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 11:09 am
@roughtim,
I am not trying to be funny but can you love another woman to make it 3 not 2?
How is this going? For 6 years you are loving 2 women. Why just 2? Or not just 1?
This crap drives me crazy.
roughtim

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 04:15 am
@Eliusa,
I don't know, I didn't start out or make a plan to cheat. It happened over several years
roughtim

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 04:16 am
@roughtim,
Today I can say I feel better, thank you all for your prayers, thoughts and well wishes.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 06:22 am
@roughtim,
Just out of curiosity...what made you decide you didn't want the affair anymore? Was it guilt? Did you love one more than the other?