Stop auto play of videos on FB buisnes page.

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 11:52 am
I have stooped video from playing automatically on my personal page a long time ago. It is very annoying. Now, as of a few days my business page does this and there is no settings/ Videos. to stop it. Does any body know how to do this? I have asked this several times on the FB help with no answers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,148 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 01:42 pm
@Calvinder,
Do a Google search with this phrase to get a whole page of fix suggestions.

Quote:
how to stop automatic videos on facebook
Calvinder

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 01:54 pm
@Butrflynet,
I did a Google search and it only works foe a personal page not a business page.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 02:05 pm
@Calvinder,
I just checked my own business page (I have an author page) and I agree, there doesn't seem to be a setting for auto-play, or to turn it off. At the same time, videos don't automatically play on my page.

Are these Vines or YouTube videos, or something you uploaded straight to Facebook, or something else? Are you seeing this on a desktop or laptop PC? On a Mac? On a phone or tablet, using a Facebook app? It's possible that the differences are stemming from either the content, or how it was shared, or the app or platform where you're accessing Facebook. I can't promise that any of these would fix the problem, I might add, but at least if you knew that the issue is only with videos you've uploaded directly, you could instead put them on YouTube and then just share YouTube links, that sort of thing could be a reasonable workaround.
Calvinder

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 03:55 pm
@jespah,
Hey jespah
I am using a desktop and the videos playing are other peoples and are playing on the news feed. Nothing I upload plays automatically. It is the same with any browser.
jespah

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 04:00 pm
@Calvinder,
Hiya! Smile

I wonder if these are Vine videos. Are they really short?
Calvinder

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 04:21 pm
@jespah,
I just checked the ones I look back on are from 10 seconds to 30
jespah

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 05:27 pm
@Calvinder,
Ah, then I bet a lot of these are Vine videos. Far as I'm aware, they play more or less automatically, Facebook or not.

Like this link:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/0F0A24CBFE1051375680837275648_1fb73c71eb8.4.8.15710817503973272429.mp4?versionId=YAVCLjPBUA0MEb6Gk3xzqgoQeTUkv4NH
Calvinder

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 11:10 am
@jespah,
They might be Vine but I found some that are up to 4 min long. can vine be that long? Any that play do not say what they are and not you tube. Oh also they can go full screen.
jespah

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 11:27 am
@Calvinder,
It looks like some Vines can go pretty long (but I don't think they go past 5 minutes). You can always limit the postings to your page to only be from admins/moderators/other people with actual roles.
Calvinder

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 03:13 pm
@jespah,
I just got one that is over 10 min. they are not mt videos on my page but in my news feed of other pages I liked. they are videos that other people posted on there timeline.
jespah

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 04:15 pm
@Calvinder,
Sorry; I don't think I can help you.
Calvinder

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 04:17 pm
@jespah,
No problem thanks for your time.
0 Replies