First date a week after Birthday. Is a card nice, or creepy?

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 08:43 pm
Hi,
Just for the back story - I recently have been talking to this girl online and we have set up a date to meet this week. She mentioned that she was busy last week because it was her birthday. On the day of her birthday I texted her to wish her a happy birthday, and she said that was very sweet.

I was thinking about getting her a very simple birthday and giving it to her this week on our first date. Personally I think it might be a nice gesture, but I guess I can see how it could come off as weird or creepy.

Any thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 1,642 • Replies: 6
No top replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 08:58 pm
@jmastermold2,
Forget traditional obligations and meet her as who you are, not who 'society' compels you to be.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 09:39 pm
@jmastermold2,
A simple card would be a nice idea. Just stay away from the hearts and flowers stuff for now.

Enjoy the date!
0 Replies

Harty

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 04:18 am
a simple but in a nice way will be better. just be yourself and stop trying to be someone, that's your weapon man.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 05:06 am
I'd hire a stunt biplane which spells out in red, white and blue smoke "Happy Belated Birthday!".

Oh, and a bunch of flowers.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 07:01 am
@jmastermold2,
I think it would be too much. Her birthday was last week, you sent a text, she said thanks. Ask her if she had a good time and be sure to write the date down for next year.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 08:16 am
Take her out for a "belated birthday" celebration dinner.

Low key it.

It's over and your relationship was not even started then.
0 Replies