What should my response be?

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 03:55 am
I was recently messaged by an old high school gf of mine on Facebook and needless to say i still like this girl. After a week or so of i catching up i earlier asked her out. Her answer was she's not ready due to the fact that she just got out of a long relationship and may be joining the army but, and I quote, including exclamation marks, "I wants to be friends though!!!"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 862 • Replies: 3
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by KidMescudi
Germlat

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 06:13 am
@KidMescudi,
KidMescudi wrote:

I was recently messaged by an old high school gf of mine on Facebook and needless to say i still like this girl. After a week or so of i catching up i earlier asked her out. Her answer was she's not ready due to the fact that she just got out of a long relationship and may be joining the army but, and I quote, including exclamation marks, "I wants to be friends though!!!"

I'm not sure what you need to get advice on....sounds straight forward to me.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 07:38 am
@KidMescudi,
Try this.

"I would like to be friends too!"

Friendship is always a good place to start.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 03:55 pm
@KidMescudi,
I'd say she be-friended you to "be a friend" and you crossed it by immediately targeting her, talking back and forth then asking for a date.

I agree, friendship is a good place to start.

I'm sure you understand if a woman has just gotten out of a long term relationship you would be a rebound, so if you "still like her" be her friend.

If you are meant to get back together you will, at some point.

Answer:- "Friends it is, I wasn't trying to "hook up", you still look as adorable as you did and I remember that laugh and missed it"... "So the Army, what made you want to consider that?" .......
0 Replies