David wants to talk about guns

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 06:52 pm
OmSigDavid wants to hear debate points on guns. If anyone is inclined, please engage him here......or don't.

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 07:49 pm
@glitterbag,
Does he ever have any topic other than guns?
I have to say, I put him on ignore - can't take that gibber he puts out!
glitterbag

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 08:00 pm
@CalamityJane,
That's the problem in a shell casing. He's nuts over guns, believes guns solve all the problems....but that's easy to ignore or engage. Lately, he is showing up on game threads and light hearted threads insisting on a debate, it's very confusing. Plus it's a huge buzz kill when bloodletting is constantly being forced down your throat. So, I decided to give Davey an outlet, his own playground. Maybe his playmates will stop by and give the rest of us a break.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 09:44 pm
@glitterbag,
You're too optimistic, glitterbag Wink
Perhaps no one else wants to debate or play with him any longer, so he's
hitting people on the game threads, well knowing that there are the die hard
players Very Happy Just ignore him, you'll feel better that way, trust me!
glitterbag

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 10:42 pm
@CalamityJane,
Can't disagree with that. I need to update my ignore list. How's by you CJ?
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 09:18 am
@glitterbag,
All is well! Smile You too?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 10:01 am
@CalamityJane,
Actually, I've noticed a shift in the language and type of postings under Dave's account. I was wondering if someone hacked it and we are seeing Dave posts and someone else.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 12:42 pm
@engineer,
Engineer makes a good point. Lately the posts have become more aggressive and are targeting certain people. I wondered if he just had too much time on his hands. There is or was another member who demanded that others debate with him and also like to fling around terms like coward. Then there is the member who like to type in a blushing rose typeset/color.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 12:52 pm
Compared with some of the raving and ranting people here...David is not bad at all. He is almost always courteous to the people with whom he interacts...even when the person is very much in disagreement with his position. I know I disagree with him often with plenty of vehemence...and he always responds courteously to me.

He has his special interest...and he indulges it. No one is required to respond to him...and many do not.

Fact is I see people responding regularly to posters who are bat-**** crazy...and David is not that.

Germlat

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 12:57 pm
I want a gun...nothing wrong with it!!
Germlat

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 01:08 pm
@Germlat,
I find Davis's posts funny and endearing...are we talking about the same dude? BTW_i find some people here much "nuttier".
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 02:14 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

I want a gun...nothing wrong with it!!

Of course not! I own, um, more than one. On the other hand, I don't go looking for other conversations into which to drag them.
engineer

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 02:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Compared with some of the raving and ranting people here...David is not bad at all. He is almost always courteous to the people with whom he interacts...even when the person is very much in disagreement with his position.

That is what seems to have changed. I've noticed some noticeably off color posts that seem out of character.
Germlat

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 02:34 pm
@roger,
So what!! if someone wants to talk about it...maybe he's an Aficionado....
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 02:35 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Compared with some of the raving and ranting people here...David is not bad at all. He is almost always courteous to the people with whom he interacts...even when the person is very much in disagreement with his position.

That is what seems to have changed. I've noticed some noticeably off color posts that seem out of character.

Nothing specific though...just talk right? Wink
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 02:50 pm
@engineer,
I have him on ignore, so I don't know if he's gotten worse.
Reassures my ignore button I guess:)

Happy Halloween!
Germlat

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 02:54 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

I have him on ignore, so I don't know if he's gotten worse.
Reassures my ignore button I guess:)

Happy Halloween!

I can't imagine putting the guy on ignore...he makes me smile on a regular basis...Also--I don't think he's dangerous . But-I get he's not everyone's cup of tea...then who is?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 03:26 pm
It's a push for me to complain about thread digressions, since I post digressions fairly often (though I try not to go on and on, think of them more as 'asides'), but some threads have strong themes where digression arguments are basically out of line. The problem is mixed, in that people feed it, and gradually the thread is pooped, plopt, and plotzed.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 03:40 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Does he ever have any topic other than guns?
I have to say, I put him on ignore - can't take that gibber he puts out!

Yes...unless you don't bother to talk to him
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 03:52 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

Nothing specific though...just talk right? Wink

Sure, but I've been reading him for years and there's been a marked change in the last month or so.