Breaking news: Cop killer nabbed in PA.

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 05:48 pm
Suspected cop killer Eric Frein was captured Thursday in Pennsylvania after a 48-day manhunt, law enforcement sources with direct knowledge of the arrest told NBC News.Frein, 31, was captured Thursday afternoon by a U.S. Marshals task force, law enforcement sources said. He is accused of killing State Police Cpl. Bryon Dickson and wounding Trooper Alex Douglass in an ambush on the Blooming Grove barracks on Sept. 12. Police found a diary entry, his AK-47, two homemade pipe bombs and several campsites, they but hadn't been able to capture him until Thursday.

In the diary, Frein — a military reenactment buff and survivalist — described how he fled in his Jeep but got only a half-mile before he encountered a roadblock.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/suspected-cop-killer-eric-frein-captured-after-48-days-pennsylvania-n237916

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 05:53 pm
http://s3.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20141030&t=2&i=987663410&w=320&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=LYNXMPEA9T13Q
Matthew Frein, 31, now in custody
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 06:07 pm
Yay-y-y-y
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 09:46 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
according to the news briefing, he just got tired of it all. He was spotted in an area where he apparently had returned and a perimeter was set up which he was kind of "herded" into a place from which the cops could get sight of him. He was actually in an area of the woods where there was an abandoned airport . The scrub understory of the forest in that area is really dense so the guy apparently hadt moved great distances but relied on the "hiding in plain sight" method but this left him having to break into cabins for any food.

H was NOT very comfortable for the 7 weeks that he was hiding out. I her were seeking the death penalty because this killing spree was an assassination, it was planned and executed in cold blooded care.

It was amazing how much this impacted the "leaf peeping" and bo hunting season in the 5 county area that was the primary manhunt zone.
All in all though, the cops were focused on just a few thousand acres

oralloy

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 10:18 pm
@farmerman,
I hear that when they took the guy into custody, they used the handcuffs that belonged to the cop he killed.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 10:27 pm
I'm just glad they got him. After seven weeks it was starting to look like he might just 'disappear' and get away with it.
BillRM

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 10:35 pm
@farmerman,
I find it interesting that the man after the shootings of the two police officers and the killing of the one police officer did not turn the man hunter for him into a nightmare for the police by either employing those bombs of his as traps and or doing more snipping of his hunters.

It is great however that there was no added lost of lives for whatever reason and the people of the area can go back to their normal lives.
farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 03:53 am
@Lustig Andrei,
I was more afraid that he would "do" himself in some abandoned bear den and perhaps never be found
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 03:58 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
I find it interesting that the man after the shootings of the two police officers and the killing of the one police officer did not turn the man hunter for him into a nightmare for the police by either employing those bombs of his as traps and or doing more snipping of his hunters
Im not sure I understand you Bill. Are you saying that you find it interesting that he did NOT snipe or bomb during the last 7 weeks?. I think that anything like that would pinpoint his location and would have had the cops encircle an even smaller area. I really think that he was trying to get away ALIVE so going into complete hiding made most sense for him (unless , of course, he planned to commit suicide in some secret place and leave us looking for him for years.
BillRM

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 08:56 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I think that anything like that would pinpoint his location and would have had the cops encircle an even smaller area.

He could have been many miles away before any booty trap went off and the results of such a trap going off beside harming or hurting his hunters would have been a more careful and far slower hunt for him.

His hunters in fact have his area pin down in finding his campsites and stockpile sites so I do not see how a bomb going off would have pin his location down any more.
farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 09:30 am
@BillRM,
the word is "BOOBY" trap, a booty trap is something entirely different. You need to consult an urban dictionary.

So what was the point you were trying to make??

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 09:34 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

the word is "BOOBY" trap, a booty trap is something entirely different. You need to consult an urban dictionary.

So what was the point you were trying to make??

BillRM is capable of making a point??
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 09:39 am
@farmerman,
Very cute that you are making a point of a typo but the point had been made very clear that having bombs, traps, as in BOOBY TRAPS going off would tend to slow down the hunt for the man and therefore be to his benefit and for some strange reason he did not do so.
farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 10:37 am
@BillRM,
Billy, I think you didn't have enough coffee today. You seem to want to just engage in silly spats. Im not gonna feed ya.
Have a gday
BillRM

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 10:40 am
@farmerman,
I do not know what is wrong with you but so be it. if you do not wish to address the issue I had raised.
0 Replies