I need help, moral situation.

Hello19

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 10:32 am
So, my friend we'll name him Brandon, is in this horrible relationship. His girl is very controlling makes him pay for everything. Spends her money on her friends and drugs then gets mad at Brandon when she's out. Her name is Sarah we will say. My name is Michael, I have a very good relation ship with my girlfriend, her name is Victoria. She has a sister named Sydney. Who all the time tells me how hot Brandon is. Btw we are all older than 18 but less than 21. Well one day Brandon is in a fight with Sarah. So everyone comes to my house later that day to chill. Brandon was alone when he first came. Him and Sydney were flirting all night. When Sarah comes to my house (because she's my good friend too) Sydney tells Brandon to send Sarah home. He does that so Sydney assumes that they are broken up. Because Brandon keeps saying consider it done.

So they hook up, 3 times to be exact, 2 night 1 morning. my girlfriends sister and I are close so she told me everything because I saw them kissing. Well turns out Brandon is kinda a scared to tell Sarah what's up. So I tell him to man up and do it within the day. That night he texts me saying he did it and we probably won't talk for a while and his life is ending. All that sweet stuff. I look on Facebook she's not flipping out she's not deleting pictures of them they are still friends. (Sarah and Brandon) now Sarah talks to me quite a bit so I'm about 80 percent sure she would text me. Also Brandon was tell my girls sister Sydney that they may be able to start a relationship After he leave Sarah and all that crap. He even used syds car to go to work the next day. Now when he was texting me he was trying to play it off as a mistake and saying Sydney started it.
But Sydney specifically told me before anything else that he started it.
Now my moral dilemma.
I'm about 100 percent sure he didn't not tell her. What should I do? This happened in my house Brandon is my best friend but so is Sarah and Sydney. I need advice any advice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 513 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 10:50 am
@Hello19,
Here's your advice: stay out of it. And tell anyone who tries to drag you into this drama that it is their playground and not your own.

No good can come from you getting involved in this nonsense unless Brandon (or anyone else) is actually being abused.
Hello19

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:00 am
@jespah,
I'm in it whether or not I want to be. Im pretty effed
jespah

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:04 am
@Hello19,
No. You don't have to be.

But you need to put your foot down with your friends. Tell them that the drama stops at your door. You don't want to be a witness. You don't want to be a confidante. You don't want to be the voice of morality or anything else.

You want to be their friend, but you want to be friends with the others as well. Yet this situation is creating a big ole San Andreas fault in all of your lives. The only way you can straddle it is to stay out of it as much as you can. Repeat yourself daily if you must. Your friends are to work this out amongst themselves. You have other things to do with your time.
Hello19

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:06 am
@jespah,
What about my girlfriends sister she lives here I can't control her. Also my problem is doesn't Sarah deserve to know?
jespah

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 12:07 pm
@Hello19,
If you get in the thick of this, any blame, arguments, or problems will be directed at you, almost no matter what you say or do.

Why? Because in situations like this, people tend to shoot the messenger.

As for your girlfriend's sister (Sydney? I'm losing track of who's who here), just say, "I don't want to hear it." And then go and do homework or housework or watch TV or go for a walk or take up clog dancing or whatever – just remove yourself from the situation. At some point, she'll realize that she no longer has a gossip buddy in you. If that tanks your friendship or your living situation, then those were pretty precarious things, yes?

Should Brandon fess up? Sure he should. But that's not your call. It is his. You've already pressured him to take action so back off. The fact that he hasn't (at least, so far as you know - what if he told her and she forgave him? Weirder stuff has happened in the world) is none of your concern.

If it really bothers you to think that he's gotten away with this, then think about what it means to stay friends with someone who you think is a cheater and a liar, and too cowardly to tell the truth. If you want a moral dilemma in here that badly, maybe that's it. Maybe think about what that means for you and your continuing relationship with this BFF of yours.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 05:09 pm
Another option is to tell Brandon that he has 3 days to come clean with her - or you will tell her.

PS - Why aren't your female friends as passionate as you are about Brandon coming clean with what he's done?
0 Replies