Recovering from an affair but now he says He does not love me like he used to? WTH

glitterbag

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 11:39 am
@Eliusa,
I'm not sure why you decided to make this thread about you. I thought the overall intent was to offer suggestions that might help Adrienne. Since you have so many issues you want to address, why not start your own discussion? At least then, Adrienne might be able to get advice that might suit her situation. Most members take issues like hers seriously, I can't imagine how much cumulative life experience the long term members possess. Speaking for myself, every time I offer personal information in an effort to help I'm reliving it. Bad memories are not recalled with warmth and comfort.

I look forward to reading how wonderful your life is on a thread you start.
chai2

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 11:50 am
Switching gears...

The OP said her husband does not love her the way he used to.

That's not saying he doesn't love her.

He loves her in a different way. Just the same as she loves him in a different way since this happened.

It's not a matter of "loves me more" or "loves me less". It's loves me in a different way.

The life experiences everyone has causes them to love their partner in a different way.

The question is, is someone able to accept that things change, and not fear and pine for times that are gone?

No ones love is unchanging. It's what one chooses to do with it.

The OP says in the title "he doesn't love me like he used to....WTH?"

I'd be saying WTH is he claimed to love me in exactly the same way as before.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 01:41 pm
@chai2,
The real question then is: would she be satisfied with a different claim of love, as you put it Chai?

He had numerous affairs, none took off, so he went back home to his wife, because there he gets a warm meal, his laundry is done and he's taken care of. If she's pleased with a caregiver, she wouldn't have come here to ask advice.

She has a right to be loved by her spouse, regardless of the claim he's making.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 01:47 pm
It's okay.

The man SAID THAT because HE DOES LOVE YOU.

He just doesn't know how to get through the shame.

Long story short, your confusion will lose him.

Stand up and let him know that his shame did not skewer you, only him. Take him back!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 01:50 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

The real question then is: would she be satisfied with a different claim of love, as you put it Chai?

He had numerous affairs, none took off, so he went back home to his wife, because there he gets a warm meal, his laundry is done and he's taken care of. If she's pleased with a caregiver, she wouldn't have come here to ask advice.

She has a right to be loved by her spouse, regardless of the claim he's making.

In total agreement CJ, and only she can answer that.

That's why I said...."The question is, is someone able to accept that things change, and not fear and pine for times that are gone?"

As far as her right to be loved by her spouse, he's saying he doesn't love her in the same way, not that he doesn't love her. If, as you say, she has a right to be loved by her spouse, I don't know if that includes being loved in exactly the way it was "before"

She may decide it's not for her, or she may decide otherwise.

At this point, she doesn't love him the way she used to either.

Many things change the way people love each other, not just affairs.

She can, perhaps stubbornly, keep trying to change the way things are right now, to the way they were in the past; adjust and appreciate the way things are now (that goes for the other person too); or not accept it and either stay or leave.

These are this couples choices to work out, regardless how anyone else in the world think about it.

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 02:23 pm
@chai2,
Oh yes, in a long term relationship love changes over time, no question about it, but it always comes down to if both are satisfied with whatever arrangement or love changes take place.

I think the minute a third person enters the picture, all bets are off.
chai2

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 04:35 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

I think the minute a third person enters the picture, all bets are off.

Probably, but not certainly.

I just don't want the OP to fall prey to the idea that "well, everyone thinks I should act a certain way, so I will"

glitterbag

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 06:00 pm
@chai2,
Uhhh, anybody see Adrianne?
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 06:04 pm
@glitterbag,
gliterbag, sometimes they (OP) read along without saying anything,
which is fine too, I guess!
0 Replies

imimpatientforanswer

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 06:30 pm
@adrienne169,
Quote:
Ok question. We have been married for over 16 years. He decided to seek woman on CL and found a few. Had a few affairs. the husband got in touch with me of one of them. Long story short.. we did councel etc. its been 6 months since D day and we have bad and good days.but now he just came right out and said..it never will be the same i ruined every thing i guess . I just dont love you like i used to. I Thought HOLY crap@ you should love me more for standing with you thru this dark sick mess..I am so confused.. I feel so used and foolish!! any one have any tips .. I am sick over this and now think divorce is my option.

Adrienne169. Understanding Goes A long Way/means More than Anyone May Ever Know.
0 Replies

imimpatientforanswer

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 12:42 pm
@adrienne169,
Hes in love with you but wants to make sure youre in love with him. I Would leave It At That Hes An Idiot And Insist On Refusing to Have Anything To Do With the Man And Find One better than He, A Better Person At Heart Than He, who Understands My Person, Same time I His, rather than he make assumptions Of My Person He Having Fell For The Appearance Beauty i Display In the End He And i Not feeling In love With One Another After All.

Understanding is More Important Than Sex. Feeling I Cannot Express The Importance Well Enough To honestly Be understood
0 Replies

imimpatientforanswer

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 01:09 pm
@adrienne169,
Youre perfect for one another
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 09:00 am
@glitterbag,
I thought you were so concerned about this thread to turn to be about me and you wanted OP to get help. And now you are looking for OP.

And Beth told me I can post whatever I want wherever I want so piss off.
Germlat

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 06:43 pm
@Eliusa,
Eliusa wrote:

Sometimes it seems to me that I AM the only one HERE who did.
You are right.
And I said this before that I was right were you are a few month ago,
so I understand how frustrating is it to you to listen to me because if it was
old me - I would be just as mad at me as you right now.

After listening to you...your anguish and dissatisfaction, knowing you have implored, threatened, cried...in all essence tried to help your husband understand you still need sex...begged him to go to the doctor... I think there's a double standard here. I don't understand your finances but--it sounds like you have made it amply clear to your spouse that you will seek sex elsewhere. He has not responded or is not capable of doing so. Still you have built this life and feel there's a void to fill. I'm still not ok with hurting or participating in hurting another marriage but...I get the pain involved.
0 Replies

animalloving

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 01:57 pm
@adrienne169,
as bad as it sounds, move on. don't wait for someone who wouldn't go to the moon and back for you..
0 Replies

adrienne169

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2014 10:14 pm
No I stuck by him AFTER he ended the affairs..but because the husband of the other married woman told me it really makes me sick to know he did not man up. He claims its all done but he works out of town and I can not trust him.
Eliusa

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2014 08:28 am
@glitterbag,
Germlat is making every thread about me, not me.
She is following me and turns everything at 'Eli, look
at yourself, remember what you did' and there we go.
I am trying to ignore it as much as I can but I often
have to respond to her. And there it goes...
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 01:18 am
@Eliusa,
Eliusa wrote:

I thought you were so concerned about this thread to turn to be about me and you wanted OP to get help. And now you are looking for OP.

And Beth told me I can post whatever I want wherever I want so piss off.

Well she's back you selfish idiot. She's trying to save a marriage while you are complaining about your sorry self. I can post whatever I want, where ever I want so take your own advice and piss off you whiny stunted adolescent.
Eliusa

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 08:28 am
@glitterbag,
You went back to the post made on Sat 8 Nov, 2014 11:39 am
just to tell me that??????????????????????????????
So my answer to you is;
I can post whatever I want, where ever I want so take your own advice and piss off (my words used by you because you not too sharp to make your own) you whiny stunted adolescent.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 12:07 pm
@adrienne169,
Have you talked to your husband about your lack of trust in him?

Has he taken any actions to try and rebuild that trust?
0 Replies