What is the best way to get closer to your crush

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 07:09 pm
So Me and my crush have known we like each other for a year, and its two way love, my parents aren't allowing me to date yet, so all I want to do for now is in some form become closer to her, most perferably friends, I'll be fine with other things, but I don't want to be where I am now (in figuitive terms, I'm as close to her as the sun is to Pluto.). One of the reasons I want to start getting closer to her is mostly so I can get to know her, but an extension to this is because I'm awkward, very, especially towards her, I'm very shy to a extent, and getting to know people helps me be less awkward when talk/having conversation with people and just flat out socializing/hanging out with people, and I even recently made our relationship even more complicated, I had written her a poem and read it to her at a school dance she said she liked it. Before that we could have a friendly conversation and it wouldn't matter, but now it does cause EVERYONE knows, and now we barely talk and don't go near each other, to me it just seems weird to walk up and start a conversation but if that would most likely be best if do it, just try to give me tips on what to start with and when is the best time to do it if you're going to suggest that. Everyone who answers has my sincere thanks because I can't stand not doing anything about this and every time I've tried this before I completely failed because I couldn't even get close to her, I got super nervous and backed down, I can't do it without a full proof plan that has a good change of doing something that puts stuff in the direction I want.
You may have noticed that this is a discussion, this is because I want to maybe collaborate with ideas I get from you guys and to more easily give more information if needed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 410 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 07:43 pm
@Calcifersremedies,
There are no foolproof plans. And when it comes to romance, they're kind of dull, anyway. That is, the risk is a part of romance. It is a part of the process, to not know what'll happen next.

That having been said, talk to her the way you would talk to any friend. No poems. Just, how was class, or did you hear the latest music from ___? or did you get the answer to #5? That sort of thing. You're right that you'll be less shy if you get to know her.

So get to know her. That will not only improve your relations with her, it will also give you a chance to get to know her before your parents allow you to date.

Save the poems for when you're dating.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 07:55 pm
Consider your crush a human you might like to talk with.
0 Replies

Calcifersremedies

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 08:29 pm
@jespah,
Thank you so much for the reply, that was nicely said, though that poem was a one time thing. I'm going to try to do these things tomorrow, but I can't really imagine when id use them, but I'll keep them in mind. Another thing I want to ask is how to be close, like physically, would be wrong to just hang around, would be weird or does it seems creepy? Along with when is a good time to talk, I don't like interrupting and I hate when others do it to me, should I just reply to certain places I like or participating in just about everything. I can also notice when it's not my place to enter conversation, should I join anyway or stay away?
Also the 'full proof' was more of an expression, what I was meaning was some kind of plan, at least I know what to do in certain places, again I'm very awkward, and I loose my place in conversations because of it, or maybe I'm just too wimp to keep going?
0 Replies