Me And Cocaine

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 10:25 am
I did cocaine for a lot of years. A LOT of cocaine. I quit a long time ago and I missed it for a good long while. Even today I know if I went out and snorted coke it would be a fun night on the town. However I realize with the benefit of hindsight that cocaine didn't love me the way I loved it and I'm better off without it even though after all this time I still miss it occasionally.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 1,580 • Replies: 18

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 11:34 am
I have never been in the same location as cocaine. At age 18 I might have been tempted. Probably not. Once I knew how easy it was to be had I no longer cared and would not have tried any.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 01:33 pm
This probably seems like a post out of nowhere. I learned a musician friend who never gave up partying and cocaine, dropped dead yesterday.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 01:46 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Is that when you were bi-polar?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 01:49 pm
That was long before I became Bi-Polar Bear
farmerman

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 04:37 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
you were speed racer.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 10:52 pm
Sonny or whoever,

just shut up and read.

You are forgiven by some of us as you don't know him.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 11:00 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I was never much into cocaine. Snorted it probably all of three times in my life just because somebody at a party had some extra lines they were willing to share. But as a full-fledged alcoholic who hasn't touched a drop in more than 19 years, Bear, I know exactly how you feel. Miss the stuff sometimes.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 11:09 pm
Only tried it twice. Didn't do anything for me that a pot of strong coffee wouldn't. And considering how much it cost, I decided to pass on it. Granted, they were probably just sharing some crappy blow, but I'm glad I didn't develop an interest in it.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 11:13 pm
A poster disappeared or

worse, I imagined one.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 11:24 pm
@FBM,
A favorite quote of mine, FBM: "Cocaine is God's way of telling you you've got too much money."
FBM

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 11:27 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Heh heh. Richard Pryor, I think.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 11:28 pm
I never saw much in coke, but that is the way I feel about acid, except that I wish I had done more and still might. Nov 85 was my last time, the wife did not approve.
panzade

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 07:34 am
Quote:
"Cocaine is God's way of telling you you've got too much money."

Amen to that!
I had a cash business in the late 80's and one day I found myself on a deserted road with an 8 ball in my pocket and $10,000 on the seat.
Epiphany!
I work the bars on weekends and meth has supplanted coke.
I can't go for that.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 07:39 am
@panzade,
amen. Meth is the devil
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 07:42 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

amen. Meth is the devil

It is the one thing nobody in their right mind should try even once.
0 Replies

Tekla

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 09:17 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
It is a battle every day with.I am lucky to tried loads of vary drugs only a bit in the past.

I've given up smoking and I did start again , given up ....
After 1 year I was not longing anymore about smoking , but it is sometimes in my mind. Mostly on bad days. It is a hussle really.

The longer you take substances the more you have to resist .My post doesn't comfort your issue , I know that . There won' t be a solving idea . The more time passes the more you get used to cope and thoughts come & go.

But it haunted one's to rest of life more or less.

A couple of friends of mine took very much drugs and nobody of them reached age of 50.

Cocaine is less harmful than heroin for example. Any less it is not such harmless.

Say every day- no I don't. The only chance.

panzade

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 09:59 am
@Tekla,
I feel for you.
Keep strong my friend.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 05:36 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
I never saw much in coke, but that is the way I feel about acid, except that I wish I had done more and still might. Nov 85 was my last time, the wife did not approve.

I'd be wary of ever resuming. I did some research on hallucinogens when I was figuring out just what Trayvon Martin was frying his brain with, and one of the things I learned was that a decade or so ago they busted the chemist who'd been manufacturing most of the planet's LSD since the 1960s. Consequently there is very little actual LSD to be had on the streets anymore. However, they have come up with a replacement hallucinogen which is now usually marketed on the streets as being LSD.

The difference is, LSD was one of the safest drugs possible, safer even than caffeine. This new designer drug which is now being marketed as LSD is leaving people in permanent comas and even dead.
0 Replies