Things you buy at Goodwill, thrift stores

ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 03:48 pm
@chai2,
I should have stocked up on the Missonis made for Target - they're already selling for stupid amounts. Who knew? not me
ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 03:50 pm
@chai2,
I am very tempted to sell it. It is nicely folded - and I keep looking at it and wondering. There's a designer resale store near here that I could use (low commission).
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 03:53 pm
@ehBeth,
Me neither.

Wouldn't it be nice to know what the next "big thing" will be?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:19 pm
I don't really do charity shops, I go to car boot sales. I get most of my Christmas presents there, and they're big and different every week. Most of the stuff that can't be sold at car boot sales ends up in charity shops.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 10:39 pm
I once bought a genuine (all labels in place) never-been-worn (pockets still basted up) Harris tweed sports jacket at the main Boston GW store (Morgan Memorial) for $5.00. At the time (maybe 15 years or more ago) jackets like that were retailing for about $300.00 at shops like Brooks Bros. I still have it. Haven't worn it that much and it's a style that never goes out of style.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 11:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
Habitat is GREAT!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 11:05 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I got my favorite shirt at GW in Albuquerque. Perfect garment, and still had the creases from the original packaging. It was draped over the end of the rack nearest the change room. Anyhow, I grabbed it up, paid four bucks for it, and was out the door before the guy got out of the change room. I don't know what shirt he bought, but he surely bought something.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 07:35 am
@chai2,
Quote:
Stuff like that? I don't look for it. If it's not going to take more than literally one minute of my time, I'm not going to go digging through 99% crap. Most of the stuff is worthless.

I guess this is why I do not buy stuff there. I've gone in with great intentions - but then the place is a mess - you getta look through a lot of crap to find a gem. It is dirty and dusty so it turns me off -- besides I don't have enough time to go to the necessary grocery store once a week forget about looking through all that stuf.

Every once in a while I try though and then I end up leaving without anything. I did go in a couple of years ago to get something to make a costume with -- I was surprised at the price of the clothes. It would have been cheaper to go to Target and buy new or at least not much more than used for many of the items they had there.
0 Replies