Switching to SOAR

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 06:10 pm
SOAR Is a program in my school where selected kids will learn on a college level. I want to apply for next year but I am not sure. It has a different dress code and more freedom. I'm in the regular program now but it is way too easy. I learned all this stuff already. I am getting easy A's. I want a challenge. However, I fear the fact that once I actually get accepted to the program where kids are academically like me or higher, I will do poorly. The workload is increased greatly, more is expected, especially in math. I have Honors classes now but even in those classes in passing easily. I've always been gifted academically but I am having the common fears. It will look good later on while I am applying for college but not so hood if they see I'm either just passing or failing. Help please!!! To summarize this, my question is: Should I switch to SOAR or stay in regular classes?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 502 • Replies: 5
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 06:14 pm
@DashDynamic,
Wake me up when it is time for us to decide what you wear. THAT I would be interested in.
DashDynamic

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 06:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
Umm... Dress code is collard shirt and khaki, blue, or black pants. No blue jeans or hoodies.
roger

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 08:10 pm
@DashDynamic,
If you're really willing to do work at that level, I would say to do it. You surely have some minimum level of potential if they accept your application.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 09:27 pm
@DashDynamic,
Is there a downside to applying?

Do you have to switch if they offer a spot, or can you turn it down then?

What do your parents and teachers say?
DashDynamic

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 08:08 am
@ehBeth,
Not really a downside, just simple stuff like I'll have to start over and meet new people and friends. Basically starting a new school...again
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Switching to SOAR
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.7 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:54:18