can you edit questions after they are posted?

plshelp

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 08:57 am

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 08:59 am
@plshelp,
You can, but you have a very short time to do it in.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 09:03 am
@plshelp,
the window of editing is roughly 5 mins, 10 mins tops, perhaps.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 02:06 pm
@Ragman,
Yea, but, some times we need 15 mins. Embarrassed Evil or Very Mad
Ragman

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 02:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Easiest solution is to compose your thoughts before posting using a text editor like the simple one built in to all computers (such as notepad or which ever suits you), then upload it to A2K. Personally, I use MS Word. Then it's quite easy and correction time is unlimited.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 02:42 pm
@Ragman,
I'm not that patient! Embarrassed Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Ragman

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 02:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Why not? It fixes a world of these annoying problems and it's not hard nor does it require a lot steps. It's just changing a habit. It allows more freedom from mistakes and mist-statements.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 03:28 pm
@Ragman,
If I'd done what you do, I'd have less than 45,000 posts rather than the over 90,000. Mr. Green
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 03:56 pm
No.

We are humans.

We make mistakes.

We need to see those mistakes.

Not shame those mistakes.
roger

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 03:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Maybe you should give it a try. Smile
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:00 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
You make mistakes?! I had assumed from your blatantly arrogant attitude that you believed yourself to be perfect -- always on the alert to save the rest of us from ourselves! Rolling Eyes
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:12 pm
@roger,
Okay, Shocked okay, I got the hint you sob.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:12 pm
@wmwcjr,
Do you know what's scarier than a ghost or a demon? An impression that makes you see things not the way things actually are.

Just imagine if you were raised by parents that told you this guy was after them and they hired you to murder them.

Turns out, your parents were notorious criminals and that guy you now murdered, was your long lost brother.

True story.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
There's a method to my madness.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 05:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Dang but you are sharp today. Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 08:04 pm
@roger,
Thanks. Mr. Green 2 Cents
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 09:45 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
I use MS Word. Then it's quite easy and correction time is unlimited
I've done that too Rag but it's a kind of tedious process, especially before I got a wide-screen. I've complained bitterly about that 15-min limitation but I can understand why it's done
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 10:05 am
@plshelp,
plshelp wrote:

I'm wondering why this is literally the "first" post here at a2k? Why did this goober feel the need to create an entirely new account to ask about the potential to edit posts from a separate account?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 10:46 am
@dalehileman,
Dale: I'll be blunt here. I mean no offense, but you must by know (2.5 yrs) how to handle any complaints (Help Desk), especially one such as this. In case you forgot, I'll restate it (for the last time from my end):

If you truly understand why it's done, why do you continue on with the complaint?

I'll be honest and direct with you. There has been about 50 times (rough count) that you've stated this issue and your objections. Each time, you've been clearly explained about the dynamics of how this site is setup and how changes have been/can be made. It's tedious to see you repeat it again.

Your complaint and issues about editing should be directed to moderators...and not posted ad nauseum in every post you can about the issue. This campaign is non-productive (even for you). When you do this in one of these posts it's an ineffective/tedious means of communicating.

Many regulars and not-regulars know about this and either work around it or ignore it. Repetitive bludgeoning only causes people to turn you off.

As you've been told, there's no full-time staff at A2K to speak of. Additionally, there are a spare few volunteer moderators. As was explained repeatedly, the staff or owner of the site that keeps the site afloat and online does so out of spare time. They/he has/have been aware of the impact of this issue for years. As far as we've been informed, when it becomes practical for them to do so, they'll fix it.

Please retain this info and stop bludgeoning others with the tediousness. As mentioned, if you chose to do so, you can work around it in several ways. Apparently, it hasn't stopped your participation.

P.S.
Furthermore, in case you cry again about your disability, your son can show you how to use the text editor in the simple notepad on your computer while having the screen also accessible to A2K. Cutting and pasting is a breeze. You just have to want to do it.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 11:10 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
If you truly understand why it's done, why do you continue on with the complaint?
In a sort of hopeless determination, Rag, supposing my persistence might entrap another participant

Quote:
There has been about 50 times (rough count) that you've stated this issue...non-productive (even for you)
I'm flattered Rag by your attention

Quote:
... and stop bludgeoning others with the tediousness
Alas Rag, please don't feel so obligated to read my postings