Raymond Reddington takes on the Malthusians

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 02:24 am
The villain on Blacklist this week is basically a vision of one of farmerman's heroes, the late Doctor Eric Pianka of the University of Texas.

This in my view is one of th ebetter television programs which has ever been produced. Like Richard Boone's Paladin character, the hero, Reddington, could be described as a man of wealth and taste.

http://www.nbc.com/the-blacklist
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,576 • Replies: 9
Topic Closed
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 04:35 am
@gungasnake,
I watch it mostly because Nancy likes it, Gunga...and we enjoy watching a bit of television together at night after dinner.

I can say I enjoy it...but it is not one of my favorite productions.

The premium channels and PBS have by far the best productions of "story" television, with Game of Thrones, Homeland, Newsroom leading the pack for me.

Looking forward to seeing what is behind door #1 though.
gungasnake

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
My estimation, Blacklist is a much better show than GOT.

I may be seeing a pattern of sorts here... my two childhood television heroes were Richard Boone's Paladin character and then George Stevens, i.e. Kingfish in the Amos-Andy show, both men of wealth and taste in their own environments, but Redington is really serious about being a man of wealth and taste.

The day has to be coming when a first grade teacher asks some little boy what he wants to be when he grows up and the kid says:

Quote:
I want to be a man of wealth and taste, like Raymond Reddington.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:23 pm
@gungasnake,
I am enjoying this show. It if the first series that has really grabbed me since Burn Notice ended. I have a good theory on the connection between Red and Agent Keane... I can't wait to find out if I am right.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:25 pm
@gungasnake,
I love the DMV scene -- "You made me wait 45 minutes!" (should we assume spoilers are OK in this thread?)
Frank Apisa

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:05 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I love the DMV scene -- "You made me wait 45 minutes!" (should we assume spoilers are OK in this thread?)

Whoever conceived of that scene was a genius!
gungasnake

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 02:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The whole show seems to be genius level. Reddington's trick to get the information about the small statue is certainly genius level, basically a big con.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 07:55 pm
Yo...Gunga.

I was watching this week's Blacklist...and it turns out that the prison Lizzy is keeping Tom in...

...is the Frying Pan that we New Yorker's always talk about.

Not sure when those scenes were shot...because the boat has been re-painted and looks a lot better than in the outdoor shots of it in the episode.

Just wanted to let you know.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 11:42 pm
I haven't quie caught how Liz got Tom into that boat or what the boat is supposed to be or Liz' relationship to whoever owns the boat...
Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 06:55 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

I haven't quie caught how Liz got Tom into that boat or what the boat is supposed to be or Liz' relationship to whoever owns the boat...

That entire part of the story seems to have come out of nowhere for Nancy and me...but that sort of thing in TV story telling seems to be the norm these days.

But we were astounded to see that the site used for that part of the story...was the Pan...which is famous in A2K circles.

Weird though...that the Pan was repainted to look great about 6 or 7 years ago. The shot in the episode, the Pan looked raggedy and dull. Either the scene was shot very long ago...or they did some digital messing with the boat.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Raymond Reddington takes on the Malthusians
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:45:59