I am So DONE! With ZEST Soap Bars

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 06:07 pm
THey (the then brand runners) shrunk the bar, reshaped it and reformulated it around 2007. THat sucked, but after switching for a year I came back after my wife bought a big Costco stash of it. A couple of years ago P&G sold off the brand to a hedge fund (they had sold the factory and stopped making it it around 2001, outsourced to save money, to get the factory wages down)

The hedge fund has made its move, they have kept the small size and reshaped it so the area of soap surface to skin is about half of what it was in the 1970"s. I really have no need for my soap to make my bathing work harder because I have to scrub more times, and because the damn thing does not fit into my hand well so I keep dropping it.

Who are the idiots who run brands like this?

I am DONE DONE DONE.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 1,353 • Replies: 13
No top replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 06:10 pm
When your robotic children back talk, do you make them taste ZEST Soap Bars?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 06:20 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

When your robotic children back talk, do you make them taste ZEST Soap Bars?

My kids are all out of the house, and I never did that in large part because I brought up my kids to feel free to say whatever they want. THey were not free to do what ever they wanted however, they had boundaries which were rigorously enforced. I was also a free range parent so these boundaries were as wide as I thought I could safely make them.
roger

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 06:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
Good for you. It's amazing when companies take a winning product and decide they need to change. New Coke?
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 06:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
What do you mean by "say whatever they want"? So they could call you a **** stain pimple **** and you would smile down at them and say "that's okay, but it's still a no."?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 06:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
so what are you going to use instead?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 06:43 pm
@ehBeth,
Am already back to Irish Spring, which I used during my year off, along with Dove for MEN. I have used Zest since I was about 4, mom switched from Ivory. Zest was made to work well in hard water where others dont. Rockford has pretty hard water, but even though we had a water softener zest was better.

The "beauty bar" has been reformulated maybe a half dozen times since I was a kid, but they have finally lost me.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:24 pm
Where do you get the energy from to get so angry about a soap bar?

Personally I just use generic own brands for the sink, but splash out a bit on the bath soap. Lush started just down the road from us, and their bathsoap is brilliant.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0uYRBmGi_J4/UVL671fS0ZI/AAAAAAAAC9I/q57YAtUVkdE/s1600/IMG_1811.JPG
ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:26 pm
@izzythepush,
Lush has some wonderful soaps. Makes me think of what Body Shop was like before it went corporate.
contrex

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:52 pm
This is really good

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21Jm4Sfh7dL.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:54 pm
@ehBeth,
Exactly, I never bother going there now. I also like artisan soaps sold at farmer's markets by individuals.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 01:10 pm
Matron uses carbolic on my neck, but always hypo allergenic for more sensitive areas.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 01:33 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I can see.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 02:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawkeye, I had gotten hook on the science fiction author Jack Campbell and a number of his serials only to find that the new book in a serial had double in price compare to the earlier ones.

Now we are talking about ebooks where there is no cost of shipping and handling and no reason to have a price that compare to the average hard cover novel that I can see.

To hell with him and his books as far as I am concern and this is after buying at least ten of his earlier books.
0 Replies