Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminism by FCKH8.com

hingehead

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:44 am
@Butrflynet,
Hi BFN

I think the fairy princess costumes were use to amplify the incongruity. A homeless six year old girl who hadn't bathed for weeks, eating food scraps and swearing wouldn't be as effective in the shock stakes.

Quote:
The internet explodes with drama about some clothing company using sexy photos of young girls in padded swimsuits in their ads yet doesn't see the similarity in what is being done with the video.

This is an interesting point. You picked up on the girls being sexualised (I didn't). They're fully clothed. At what point is the sexualisation thing in the eye of the beholder?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:49 am
@One Eyed Mind,
I found that stuff - but it doesn't say the hearts are biologically different. Hearts sit in complex neurological and lymphatic systems. Women are more prone to varicose veins - does that make their legs biologically different?

Your reductionism is disturbing.

Ctrl F? hah. Only today I showed you how to display in image in A2K my little quick study.

Your chest beating delusion reveals your spirit. Good luck with that.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:50 am
@hingehead,
In other words, they are biologically different.

Now you're just being a pain in the ass. "complex neurological and lymphatic systems" is biology you nitwit.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 01:22 am
Just viewed this, and my initial thoughts are:

1. How much more effective would it have been if they'd cut out the swearing. Swearing always detracts or distracts, imo.

2. Exploitation. If these girls would feel totally at ease talking like this in front of their grandparents over sunday dinner, then I would have no reason to believe that they are being "encouraged" to do this by adults.
It will now be viewed by millions and millions of people out there in weirdo land, some of whom will be known to them or live near them.
Their profiles will now go through the roof, and much publicity will follow.
I just hope that the parents don't live to regret allowing their kids to be put on show in such a way.

3. Future prospects. Whatever goes on the internet stays there in some shape or form forever. I'm thinking future employers here. If there is just one of these kids who is turned down for a job because of her 'notoriety' then that person has every right to feel aggrieved that some adults in the past caused her to take part in such a thing.
My wife is a Headteacher. Whenever a job is advertised in her school, applicants are checked out not only for their references and qualifications, but for anything in the internet woodwork which could cause future problems.
Result? Two applicants with equal backgrounds and ability, but one has 'stuff' out there that may cause future controversy.....guess who will be offered the job?

4. Bombshell factor - Definitely. This controversial edge will ensure that the film will go super viral and get the message across to millions. Whether the message gets lost in all the unneccesary posing and swearing is another matter....it will sow a seed.

5. The Message - Most of it is absolutely spot on.

Rant time.
I have long railed against the compartmentalisation of children, especially girls, by means of clever marketing and gimmickry. Pink this, pink that, soft fluffy bunnykins bedspreads, curtains, wallpaper, school stuff, play stuff, it is absolutely everywhere. No more worries about what to buy her for Christmas, as long as it's pink and fluffy she'll love it
I could go on and on about how I hate to see girls being turned into girlies, but I'm sure you get my drift.
And this has all happened over the past 20 years, in my reckoning.
Yes, girls had dolls before then, and boys had cars and cap guns, but now this girlie stuff is absolutely everywhere, and in your face. It is as if we are all actually working hard at raising a total airhead whose only two ambitions are to appear in front of Simon Cowell and live in a world of pink.
Equal pay?, of course. Raising the subject of rape?, absolutely. It has got us all talking about these matters, and this discussion will be repeated all around the world.

So, as far as getting the point or points across, this is an exceptionally good vehicle. But at what cost?

(S'cuse typos and rambling manner, as I'm running late for a marathon dog walk today)
izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 03:21 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The word feminism is in my mind associated with anti-male, angry dogma of the kind you see in this video.

That says a lot about your mind, and nothing about feminism. Feminism is about equality, and as a male single parent I've had a lot of help from feminists. I've got sweet Fanny Adams from so called men's rights groups.
Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 05:34 am
Quote:
Yet feminism turns me off. When I hear the word "feminism" I wince because the word has been associated with anger, illogical arguments and anti-male sentiments.

I get this - I am a woman and I feel the same way. Feminism is not supposed to be a bunch of angry illogical women screaming - it is supposed to be about equal rights -- but unfortunately the imagine is a bunch of angry yelling women.

I have not watched this video in part because the idea of children (whether girls or boys) dropping F-bombs offends me. I will not even see the message because on the surface all I envision is a bunch of kids swearing which to me is not what you want to teach about feminism and makes the imagine of a bunch of angry women yelling and trying to cause a shock factor even stronger -- rather than fighting for equal rights.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 05:46 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
clever marketing and gimmickry. Pink this, pink that, soft fluffy bunnykins bedspreads, curtains, wallpaper, school stuff, play stuff, it is absolutely everywhere. No more worries about what to buy her for Christmas, as long as it's pink and fluffy she'll love it

The funny thing is - they can advertise the crap out of this - but in reality does it sell? My daughter now wants boys basketball shoes, sweats and t-shirts - try to dress her nicer and she would prefer not. She wanted a sword and shield for her halloween costume not pink and fluffy.

I think kids work it out themselves eventually and decide for themselves what they like. Granted she still likes pink - just not all frilly and fluffy and she still likes some girly like things like doing her hair and her nails, but she has decided for herself she doesn't want to look all fluffy and frilly.

Kids are smarter than you think (and the advertisers think).
djjd62

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 06:17 am
i thought this was about this potty mouthed princess

Word To Yo Momz Bristol Palin Dropping F Bombs
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 06:20 am
@Linkat,
That sounds encouraging, Linkat. I do hope you are right.
Germlat

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 06:36 am
@Lordyaswas,
My question regarding this video is: Do these kids have the emotional and developmental capacity, to understand the complexities of the theme. Many are so young that they need security first. Even if something is true, as parents we often not point things out, because of children's immature reasoning/emotional skills. For instance, a single parent wouldn't tell his/her child: your Mommy/Daddy left because drugs are more important to him/her....or we're broke because he/she has a gambling problem..
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 06:39 am
@Lordyaswas,
I do think when they are very young, they do get sucked into the advertising and want to be all fluffy and stuff -- but as they get older, especially with their parents encouraging them - they find what they like and not what the advertisers like.

NOw if I can only get my daughter out of sweats and sneakers once in a while and maybe be a little fluffy.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 07:45 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
The word feminism is in my mind associated with anti-male, angry dogma of the kind you see in this video.

That says a lot about your mind, and nothing about feminism. Feminism is about equality, and as a male single parent I've had a lot of help from feminists. I've got sweet Fanny Adams from so called men's rights groups.

It isn't just me Izzy. There are a lot of people who feel the same way. Again, this is from Hingehead's article.

Quote:
An April 2013 poll found just 16 percent of men and 23 percent of women in America identify as feminists. The women behind Women Against Feminism aren’t exactly a minority. However, that same poll found 82 percent of all Americans agree with the statement “men and women should be social, political, and economic equals.” That’s the simplest and most accurate definition of feminism, but the movement has come to be seen as anti-men, liberal, radical, pro-choice, and many other things that it is not.

The brand of "feminism" has a problem with a lot of people.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 07:47 am
@Linkat,
Linkat, let me ask you this word directly.

Why is the word "Feminism" so important? To me the word "Feminism" is often more important than the ideal of equality for women.

Couldn't we just keep the ideal and drop the brand?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 07:50 am
@maxdancona,
That's because various groups have tried to distort it for their own purposes.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 07:51 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Couldn't we just keep the ideal and drop the brand?

That's like telling Moslems they should call themselves something else.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 08:07 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

That's like telling Moslems they should call themselves something else.

Islam is a religion with dogma and a complex world view. If you assert that "Feminism" is simply the proposition that woman are equal, then comparing it to a religion doesn't support your position very well.

But if you must make this comparison, I accept the right of Muslims to be Muslims, but I have no interest in being Muslim. I suppose I feel the same way about Feminists.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 08:13 am
@maxdancona,
I'm fine with that. The word really has little impact on me - but when I tend to hear it - I tend to ignore who is shouting it. And I really already live by that. Of course I am all about equality being a working mom of two daughters. I feel I live and support the equality - but I never refer to myself as feminist - just a woman. I guess I do not feel the need to shout fairness - simply if I see anything unfair whether to woman, child, man, person of color or other -- then I stand up against the unfairness. I guess I look to equality not women over men or anything else - just general fairness - don't find the need that I should be a feminist as I wouldn't just stand up for fairness towards women.

I am just being honest when I hear feminism or someone saying they are a feminist - I picture some angry woman shouting. Just the image I get with it and unfortunately having young children dropping the F-bomb just confirms this image.

0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 08:28 am
Ooh look. Another moron for my ignore button.

Bye now.
MattWSpanjer

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 08:32 am
@maxdancona,
I concur. Feminists can be literally nuts over the issue when there is little to no cause for alarm. As for Izzythepush you have not quite made it to my brain waves friend. Sorry. You can't go buzzing about other people's minds when clearly you have a hard time stating a direct opposition or point to the matter.

Thanks for the rude PMs Izzythepush, and again I say..
Check and mate.
Good day.
0 Replies

MattWSpanjer

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 08:32 am
@Lordyaswas,
Yes
0 Replies