Shots Fired - Canadian Parliament In Lock Down

glitterbag

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 11:15 pm
I don't know what kind of coat Osso is talking about, but back in the mid-eighties an elderly cousin passed away and my dad was the executor of the estate. We found a dreadful old fur coat that my Dad insisted I take, so I did, but it hung in the closet for a long time. At some point in time we acquired an English Springer Spaniel, and one freezing night about 3AM in Feb or March, it was my turn to take Max out for his 3am scamper. I threw on some fleece lined bedroom slippers, grabbed the unsightly fur and took the dog out. The fur was amazing, I toyed with the idea of getting a more stylish fur, but wimped out over the idea that poor furry creatures would be killed then sewn into a coat or jacket. But I have to admit that at 3 AM at 5 degrees, was toasty warm. It was still ugly as sin, but holy crap it was warm.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:21 am
@glitterbag,
Nothing like fur. Look how warm it keeps the animals.
0 Replies