My child is losing vision insurance

Tue 21 Oct, 2014 05:18 pm
I have health care through one insurance plan and vision insurance through another. I received a letter from the vision insurer that my child is no longer eligible as she will turn 22. She is a college student and I thought that under the Affordable Care Act she could keep it until she was 26. Can anyone tell me if they have had a similar experience?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 7,783 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

ossobuco

Tue 21 Oct, 2014 06:31 pm
@runfishrun,
vision insurance?
0 Replies

AliceWalker

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 02:31 am
@runfishrun,
I haven't had the same experience with you yet. But I have read that if you have a stand alone vision plan, your dependent is not included on the benefits up to age 26. May I advise you to re-read the contract of dependent eligibility. Maybe it is stated there like "dependents up to age 23”, or “dependents up to age 19". But if not, clarify it from where you get the vision insurance.
0 Replies

PatriciaSimon

Wed 10 Dec, 2014 06:54 pm
@runfishrun,
You can review the policy of the insurance you purchased from this insurance company. Get some copy of it and try to get a legal advice regarding it. A reliable legal professional can interpret to you what exactly the cover of your insurance. It would be better to ask some help from them.
0 Replies

PatriciaSimon

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 08:45 pm
@runfishrun,
I recommend you take time to review the terms and policy on your child's vision insurance. There might be a lot of changes now in terms of the insurance plan. I never had an experience about it but I know someone who recently received a letter from the vision insurer. So, he checked the terms and policies of the insurer only to find out the there were small amendments in the policies.
0 Replies