Butrflynet

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 02:06 pm
@Angel23,
Endlessly obsessing on it and working yourself into an anger about it can and will make your current situation worse.

Drop it, get over it, move on. Do your job, do it well. Create a social life for yourself outside of work for friends and friendly conversations.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 04:50 pm
@Angel23,
Angel23 wrote:

Idk if I mentioned it or not on a2k, but over the past couple months, when I perceived my supervisor to be talking to me less, I tried to make her talk to me a few times. Once, a months ago, I even complained to a coworker that my supervisor talked to everyone but me. My coworker told me she don't see my supervisor treating me differently. My supervisor heard about it and said she's very hurt that I alleged that. At the end of that day my supervisor told me I could go home and I sassed her. I dared her to write me up.

Could all those times that I tried to push her to talk to me make my current situation worse?
[/quote Make her talk...listen to yourself . I doubt your supervisor is hurt...that's just plain ridiculous.
0 Replies

Angel23

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:25 am
The past couple months...

At my current job, I been here almost 3 years. I used to get along with my supervisor until she corrected one of my minor wrongdoing a couple months ago.

The following day, she didn't say much to me that was non-work related bc of the minor wrongdoing. I saw her make small talk with others tho. I flipped and tried to force myself on her. Then things went back to normal.

A month later, she was busy and only had time to talk to a few ppl about non work related stuff. I wasn't one of the few so I complained to a coworker that my supervisor wasn't talking to me. My coworker told my supervisor and she was surprised. She denied that she wasn't taking to me and told me she was hurt that I alleged that and not to bring it up again. I sassed her and dared her to write me up.

A week later, I went, "You're not stressed today. That's good!" She replied That I stress her out. No wonder she ain't talk to me much throughOut that week after I sassed her. In fact, she only talked to me on a social level on avg of once a week after that incident. Also, on one of the day she didn't talk to me socially, my body language (depressing) and attitude sucked. She cut down such conversation with me even further.

I decided maybe I'll be good and maybe earn back the right to talk to her on personal level. My effort paid off and she told me recently that I'm doing good and that she purposely avoids talking non work related stuff with me so I could be more professional. I asked that she talk to me a few hours later, since she had said I'm doing good. She said she's not having this conversation. I exploded and We had an argument over it. I know I go back to work tomorrow, but how will things be like?
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:31 am
@Angel23,
Butrflynet wrote:

Endlessly obsessing on it and working yourself into an anger about it can and will make your current situation worse.

Drop it, get over it, move on. Do your job, do it well. Create a social life for yourself outside of work for friends and friendly conversations.

I wouldn't be surprised if she is starting to get grief about you from HER bosses and has been told to limit personal interactions with you to only job-related professionalism. Her inability to have you be more professional at work is probably threatening her own job and she only has the choice of firing you or restricting her communication with you. Your game playing in attempt at getting her to break her code of professionalism will end up getting you both fired. Knock it the hell off, for her sake and yours.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:34 am
You are being like a PESTERING CHILD to this adult. When you don't get the attention you want, you blow up. Then you get negative attention (better than being ignored) and you start whining about it. (i.e. "what's wrong, why doesn't she like me . . ?")

Then you try to manipulate the adult to repeat the same scenario. Around and around you go.

What' going on in your life that you must be so needy and and act like an attention seeker? Adults find this VERY tiring.

Angel23

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:49 am
@Butrflynet,
I never saw it that way before. Thx for pointing it out. I really hope I don't lose my job or cause her to lose hers.
0 Replies

Angel23

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:54 am
@PUNKEY,
Idk. Same thing that happened at McD's with my coworker Liz and in college with Jaclyn. I remember begging them to talk to me as well...in the exact same way plus paying them. It's only now starting to feel like harassment.

My supervisor distanced herself from me every 4-5 months throughout my time with the company. Each time, her distancing herself usually lasted no more than a few weeks and it's usually bc of a minor wrongdoing. However, I never pestered her to talk to me until recently. Idk y I suddenly decided to.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:59 am
@Angel23,
Those periodic time outs when she distances herself from you may be after her bosses talk to her about complaints about you.

Best thing to do for both of you is to just do your job and stop the game playing, fooling around, and non-job related conversations for now.
Angel23

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 12:03 pm
@Butrflynet,
Her bosses never knew anything about this lol. It's like my acquaintance who works in the office. She might write a report wrong and her boss might not talk to her for days. She simply continue to do her job and not care that her boss is distancing herself from her. I cared and **** happened.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 12:11 pm
@Angel23,
How do you know her bosses don't know about customer and employee complaints about you? Some people don't complain to your direct supervisor, they go to the human resources and customer service department supervisors to make complaints.

Besides, why does that matter. Your boss has told you why she has distanced herself from you and stopped personal conversation. Why isn't that enough for you to respect her and act accordingly?

It sounds like the only way you will understand things is if you are fired again. You are on thin ice, Angel. They have plenty of documented incidents, performance reviews, warnings, etc., to fire you at any time. You need to get your act together. Your supervisor is trying to protect your job for you, and her job. Stop making it so hard for her to do so.
0 Replies