Does this quote 'A miracle is another word for hard work' is true?

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 04:15 pm
I am not sure now if the quote 'A miracle is another word for hard work' is true, due to quotation 'To the beautiful you'.
I wonder if smart people is already smart when they were born, they don't have to put much effort. I wonder if I work really hard, am I going to get the satisfied result as smart people?
Can you example people that don't have gifted but they work hard and be successful?
I'm not naturally smart, I just try hard and get good grade, thus is there any possibility I can get into famous university, like Ivy league?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 8,322 • Replies: 3
No top replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 04:41 pm
@pinkhlms,
But sometimes the miracle is the result of someone else's hard work.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 05:07 pm
@pinkhlms,
In life, one must make every effort to improve themselves. Smarts and IQ are over-rated quotients that doesn't guarantee a successful life.

If you have the ability to study and get good grades, by all means continue to do so. When you find a job, work harder than anybody else to prove your ability to produce. Be creative in your work; learn how to increase efficiency not only for yourself but for the whole company.

Communicate with your boss often, but always have something to contribute.

I personally don't attach that much value on ivy league schools. Your diploma is what gets you into the front door of most jobs. It's performance that counts, not that piece of paper that says you graduated from college. Once you get that job, nobody cares about that piece of paper.

Learn good communication skills.

Good luck.
0 Replies

victorcarjan

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 07:33 pm
@pinkhlms,
Albert Einstein can answer this one.

"It's not that I'm so smart, It's that I stay with problems longer."

Smart is a general term. To get "smart" at anything requires practice, time, hard work. Nobody is born with the knowledge of Calculus, they have to learn it one step at a time.
0 Replies