Who is voting this November and why should you bother?

woiyo

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
Maybe because we also have to push back on the lies by democrats. What an ignorant post as if ANY politician will say anything to get elected, regardless of party.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:36 am
@woiyo,
I didn't deny that democrats didn't lie. I only described the facts about republicans.

My first sentence of that post was,
Quote:
It's obvious they all lie to win elections.
JTT

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 07:16 pm
@farmerman,
Nothin' quite as sanctimonious as a reformed whore.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Then why do you fight against one side and ignore the other side, CI?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 08:40 am
@JTT,
Ain't it the truth!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 08:41 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Sort of an ignore the mountain, assault the molehill kind guy is what you are!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 08:42 am
http://images.dailykos.com/images/112511/large/piss_off.jpg
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:36 am
Here's the breakdown on which states have heavy voter turner and which succumb to the ho-hum factor.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 12:07 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Great reference source Andrew.

I'm glad that Massachusetts is leading the way. Not so proud of New York's 32 spot.

Why is Hawaii so terribly low on the political participation totem poll?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 12:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
Good question. About the only people who, as a group, are quite active in all aspects of politics, local as well as national, are the Japanese-Americans.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 09:35 pm
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10440710_339165606265321_5542348896385826741_n.jpg?oh=26ea72a4082169c7928e807e07f5cc9a&oe=54E74191
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2014 07:50 am
What gets me, in Texas, the candidates get votes by saying, "I will secure the border." The people voting for them never stop and think: "Wait. These are the same people running the state for years. If they could secure the border they already would have done it."
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2014 08:13 am
@bobsal u1553115,
What do you do when your name is not on the register through no fault of your own?

The Enormous, Secretive Effort To Purge Thousands Of Minorities From 27 States’ Voter Rolls
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2014 11:31 am
@revelette2,
Another reason why voting in this country is a farse. The GOP is doing everything to destroy the rights of voters, and our government does nothing about it.

It's a lost cause. Criminal behavior by the GOP to disenfranchise voters to win elections proves our country's politics is broken by about 100%.

We now compare favorably to Russia and China.
revelette2

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2014 01:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't agree with you. I think you are giving into the GOP if you do not vote if you possibly can. In the meantime, I hopeful that there are those who will continue to fight the efforts of the GOP to keep people from legitimately voting. If I felt like you and I had plenty of money as it seems you do, I would seriously consider moving (as Frank said) as it seems you have given up on the country that has helped you to succeed. Just my opinion.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2014 01:36 pm
@revelette2,
I'm voting, I consider it extremely important.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2014 01:49 pm
@revelette2,
Your suggestion that I move is ridiculous and uncalled for. I've voted in every election since I was 18 years old; I'm now 79. I served on the Grand Jury in Santa Clara County during the 2003-2004 term, served as a foreman of the second longest trial in Santa Clara County, served in the USAF for four years, got my education in the US, and earned my living in the US. I also serverd on two nonprofit charities Board of Directors for several years.

For those of you directing your admonition against me should be spending your time trying to fight against the GOP's attempts to disenfranchise voters. Also for all those voters who fail to show up at the polls on midterm elections. My one Independent vote will not impact any elections - national or local.

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2014 02:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
should be spending your time trying to fight against the GOP's attempts to disenfranchise voters.
Small potatoes even if true, and I am not convinced that it is. The real disenfranchisement happens when the votes dont count, when who ever gets the vote for almost certainly fall in with the ongoing corruption and dereliction of duty. The process starts early, for the last year the election funders have been sifting the possibilities for candidate slates for the next presidential run. We will be hearing their results around the first of the year. Who ever we get to cast a vote for will have already have earned the corporate classes seal of approval no less than Beijing is determined to vet all of the candidates in Hong Kong.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2014 04:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You have said it is useless to vote, you have said this country has no chance to improve, you have given up regardless of your civic duties in the past. If you do not vote (unless you or someone else is prevented) then you have no right to complain when things are not to your preference.

It is not ridiculous to suggest you move to a country where you might like it better. It is calling a spade a spade to use your own expression.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2014 05:04 pm
@revelette2,
I have a right to complain that's a right of citizens of this country. It's a guarantee in our Constitution.

I have probably served my country and local governments more than many in this country by giving of my time and efforts.

What makes you think I don't deserve the rights afforded me by our Constitution just because I refuse to vote on November 4?

Example:
Quote:
According to the U.S. Census, there are 1.5 million unregistered eligible voters in Arizona.

Do you believe none of those 1.5 million don't complain? LOL
0 Replies