Prostitute or Decent Girl

Alqaholic

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 05:57 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Prostitution is an honest relationship. It is one of the few times that each person in a relationship is completely truthful about what they are getting out of it.

Completely truthful? Indeed 'till you get some venereal disease.

http://media.giphy.com/media/3LyB11AnQxaNy/giphy.gif
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 06:12 pm
@maxdancona,
Ok then. There are males who buy this. Shocked I hope yore getting your moneys worth.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 06:29 pm
@Germlat,
Of course there are males who buy this. If no one was buying no one would be selling. Obviously this transaction is worth it for both participants.

You are awfully judgmental of something being done by consenting adults. I don't get the need to be so insulting.
FBM

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 06:36 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
I think of it as people (not always male) and prostitutes (not always female) using each other. Not a one-way thing, is it?

People in relationships use each other all the time.

Prostitution is an honest relationship. It is one of the few times that each person in a relationship is completely truthful about what they are getting out of it.

Pretty much, yep. Except that one time in Bangkok when "she" turned out to be... Embarrassed
maxdancona

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 06:39 pm
@FBM,
That isn't my thing... but don't people pay extra for that?
Germlat

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 07:03 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Of course there are males who buy this. If no one was buying no one would be selling. Obviously this transaction is worth it for both participants.

You are awfully judgmental of something being done by consenting adults. I don't get the need to be so insulting.

Sorry! As long as you're getting what you pay for I'm good. However, I think many guys don't....and they get suckered into an illusion.
FBM

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 07:03 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Maybe some people do, but in Thailand it seems to be the same price. To the point that you sometimes pay for something you later find out you don't want. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/icon_whine.gif

And there's no money-back guarantee, either. Mad
Germlat

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 07:06 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

Maybe some people do, but in Thailand it seems to be the same price. To the point that you sometimes pay for something you later find out you don't want. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/icon_whine.gif

And there's no money-back guarantee, either. Mad

Laughing money back guarantee should be a must!
FBM

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 07:27 pm
@Germlat,
Clear case of caveat emptor. Shocked
Germlat

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 07:43 pm
@FBM,
Well....some of those"chicks" don't look like boys..many guys have fallen for them. Put a coat of paint on them and....
FBM

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 07:46 pm
@Germlat,
There's a saying in Thailand that if she's the most beautiful girl in the room, she probably isn't.
Germlat

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 07:53 pm
@FBM,
Laughing I believe it....some are happy at the discovery. Laughing
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 08:30 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:

Sorry! As long as you're getting what you pay for I'm good. However, I think many guys don't....and they get suckered into an illusion.

I think the exact opposite. Sometimes a guy wants sex without any emotional entanglement. In this case, the fact there is no real emotional intimacy is a benefit (not a problem). It makes the service that much more valuable.

I would want someone I paid to pretend to enjoy it, even if I knew it was fake. On the other hand, sometimes I do actually enjoy providing service to customers at my work... so maybe that she might enjoy her work isn't completely out of the question. But I wouldn't want any emotional intimacy (not even fake emotional intimacy). The whole point of going to see a prostitute would be to have sex while avoiding emotional intimacy.

I don't think men are getting "suckered into an illusion". Quite the contrary, they are paying for an illusion. It is much the same as when I see a war movie... the fact that it is an illusion is the reason I pay. I wouldn't pay to be in a real war.

As Billy Joel wrote "Sometimes a fantasy... is all you need."
Wilso

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 10:11 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

There's a saying in Thailand that if she's the most beautiful girl in the room, she probably isn't.

I used to look for stretch marks.
Germlat

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 04:24 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:

I think the exact opposite. Sometimes a guy wants sex without any emotional entanglement. In this case, the fact there is no real emotional intimacy is a benefit (not a problem). It makes the service that much more valuable.

I would want someone I paid to pretend to enjoy it, even if I knew it was fake. On the other hand, sometimes I do actually enjoy providing service to customers at my work... so maybe that she might enjoy her work isn't completely out of the question. But I wouldn't want any emotional intimacy (not even fake emotional intimacy). The whole point of going to see a prostitute would be to have sex while avoiding emotional intimacy.

I don't think men are getting "suckered into an illusion". Quite the contrary, they are paying for an illusion. It is much the same as when I see a war movie... the fact that it is an illusion is the reason I pay. I wouldn't pay to be in a real war.

As Billy Joel wrote "Sometimes a fantasy... is all you need."

Prostitutes use the "fake intimacy" thing to ensnare clients. According to a study by Milrod &Weitzer, approximately one third of men who visit prostitutes, are also looking for emotional intimacy. That may be why the"girlfriend experience" is popular.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 04:43 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

FBM wrote:

I used to look for stretch marks.

Adam's apples and knuckles used to be the give-aways, but now they've even got surgeries to shave those down. Eventually, we'll have to have a DNA test to sort them out. By that point, though, I guess it won't really matter anymore.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 04:48 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
I think of it as people (not always male) and prostitutes (not always female) using each other. Not a one-way thing, is it?

People in relationships use each other all the time.

Amen!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 08:24 pm
@maxdancona,
Germlat wrote:
maxdancona wrote:

The numbers of prostitutes and their customers are both in the millions. That gives plenty of room for both Germlat's "many guys" and your "sometimes a guy . . .". As a relativist, surely you are familiar with the idea that customers have different reasons for visiting prostitutes, just as prostitutes have different reasons for the way they make their livings.
FBM

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 08:29 pm
@Thomas,
Yep. This just goes to show that one should never generalize.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 08:34 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas, you keep incorrectly calling me a "relativist". I haven't bothered to correct you yet (and this is a good a place as any).

I am a moral relativist.

The other types of relativism you ascribe to me may or may not be accurate.