US War on ISIS is Vietnam all over AGAIN

RABEL222

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:54 pm
@Alqaholic,
I have to admit we have a lot of experience in backing bloody handed dictators. I would rather let Assad duke it out with the isis and help the weakest Syrian group get stronger.
JTT

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:10 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
Why did they say there was WMD?

It's not a guess, it's a fact. Americans are world class liars. Have been since the get go.

Vietnam, the Philippines, Korea, Nicaragua, Angola, Cambodia, Laos, Mexico, Cuba, Brazil, chile, Ecuador, Venezuela, Hawaii, the list goes on and on, nothing but liars, murderers and thieves.

One Eyed Mind

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:13 pm
@JTT,
No, I know they are, but context is important.

Why would they tell us there was WMD, when they already had a reason to go there after the WTC?

WMD was a puppet show for "something".

What is that? Do you know?
JTT

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:26 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
What is that? Do you know?

No, but I'm sure you are anxious to tell me.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 11:28 pm
@JTT,
So you don't know why?

Neither do I.

That's why I asked.

Was WMD an excuse to carry out revenge towards the WTC?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 01:12 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Lt Col Nagl is babbling without a clue. He's suggesting a way to make things much worse - and, yes, they are going to get much much worse if the US puts boots on the ground.

The Syrian rebels the Obama plan counts on to take on ISIS on the ground are much more pissed with us now than they were when the air war started. The Iraq Army is useless with little reason to expect any improvement. The Kurds have been buckling under the strain and if they are by some miracle able to shrink ISIS they will demand a lot more than the US/Turkey/Sunni-Shia Iraq/syria are willing to give them....their own country with lots of oil reserves. The Obama plan is stillborn.

There is no choice but for America to go back, because The Professor flubbed the end of the last war there. As much as we hate it we are going back. We can not on principle allow a caliphate to rub out nations, and we will not.

EDIT: the same people who say that the ISIS will mostly fall under its own weight, that we just need to wait, are the same people who said during the middle of June that the ISIS could not hold Mosul for more than a few weeks, because they dont have the men to hold territory.

Not only has ISIS held the territory, but they have been expanding, and there is genuine fear that they are going after Baghdad soon.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 01:28 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
Why would they tell us there was WMD, when they already had a reason to go there after the WTC?

The events of 9-11 didn't give the USA any legitimate, read legal reason to attack either Afghanistan or Iraq.

Both were illegal invasions of sovereign nations, no different than what the Nazis did in 1939.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 01:32 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
I have to admit we have a lot of experience in backing bloody handed dictators.

Again, patent dishonesty. Those brutal dictators would never have existed without the complete support of the USA. The USA always installed its own, totally under USA control, dictators.

The usa's long history is one of overthrowing elected democracies and installing its own brutal dictator.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:02:07