Why are the American People punishing Obama?

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 01:51 pm
@georgeob1,
I agree with your thesis that corporate management have a much quicker response to correct their problems than does the government.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 02:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I agree with your thesis that corporate management have a much quicker response to correct their problems than does the government.

We are going on what, 30 years of only caring about the next two quarters profit number at the expense of building a sustainable businese that enriches all stakeholders....right?

This is a failure of the corporate model, private firms rarely have this flaw.

How about the over paying of top managers? Exact same situation, serious problem going on for a long time that rarely even gets talked about, much less fixed.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 02:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawk, You're missing the whole issue about government vs commerce.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 10:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI.you keep talking about how you cant understand why the working class keeps voting R when you claim that the R's out of to screw them and we all know that the D's keep claiming to be out to help them.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/11/democrats_can_t_win_white_working_class_voters_the_party_is_too_closely.html

as you know I have long claimed that the Black victim story has gotten ridiculous, has not been justified at all for awhile, and needs to be retired. This analysis tracks my thinking, and I think accounts for the D failure.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 10:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
I have to agree with you on this 'one.' But, if you've been reading my posts, I don't favor either party - nor the voters.

I'm in a black hole, but I don't feel lonely at all! LOL
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 10:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Does this mean that you agree with the analysis that the D's screw themselves by pandering to the blacks, always wanting to hand them more free candy, that to whites this shows that the D's dont pursue fairness (Dont represent their values) ?

EDIT: The consequences of this would be that Clinton was right to move on "ending welfare as we know it". I have never liked the guy, but if he was right on this then I would need to reconsider.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 10:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
No, the whites screws themselves by pandering to the whites.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 11:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sounds to me like this leaves you still not understanding why the working class tends to vote R when you claim this makes no sense. It makes no sense to YOU, there is a reason, and this analysis makes the best case for a reason that I have found.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 11:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
You haven't been correct on most issues concerning the economy, so your opinions - as far as I'm concerned - are meaningless.

If you think I'm wrong, paste from any of my post, and tell me why I'm wrong.

From my experience with you; you've never answered any of my direct questions to you.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 10:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
You are guilty of the same things of which you accuse Hawkeye, Cicerone.

You also fequently make broad, sweeping accusations (like the one in the first sentence of your post above) that are basically meaningless taunts.

In your critisisims of the posts of others you often fail to address the specific issue involved and in effect change the subject to divert the discussion to a different point, which you appear to believe supports your position. In addition, when challenged on any point, you frequently make preemptory demands that your interlocutor prove some specific error in your posts (as in the second sentence in your post above), while you yourself repeadedly evade directly answereing the questions of others.

I think it is likely that these contradictions are readily apparent to those whom you so fequently accuse of stupidity or evasion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 11:28 am
@georgeob1,
You must be more specific; describe what you mean in detail. Generalities are useless insults, and makes no sense.

What has transpired between me and hawk is legend - that's if you've kept up with the detail. You have NONE. You may cut and paste from any of my posts on exchanges I've had with hawk. ANY.

I'll repeat this again; if anyone finds my opinions to be wrong, please let me know what it is that's wrong. In all my years of posting on a2k, rarely have I been challenged. You're the only one who has challenged more a handful of times in such a short period of time, but you have never provided what, when and where.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 11:28 am
@hawkeye10,
you're confusing free candy with being murdered by racist police, which is probably why you don't get many trick or treaters.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 01:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Perhaps the reason you are rarely challenged is that many aren't paying much attention. I know you and know that you are a personable and intelligent guy. The person who points out your correctable errors isn't necessarily your enemy, and those who merely ignore you aren't necessarioly your friends.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 01:04 pm
@georgeob1,
You're not answering my question; please provide details.
I never felt that those who corrected my errors are my enemy. I often thank them for correcting my errors.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 09:34 am
@cicerone imposter,
I suggest you read a few more of your posts.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 09:38 am
@georgeob1,
You need to do so more than I. That's a fact; you provide mostly personal opinion without providing any credible source. I often do.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 09:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
I don't pretend my opinions are anything more than that. Finding links that "prove" a particular point is very easy, and in most cases deceptive. In general I haven't found your "sources" particularly persuasive and most certainly are not proofs at all. Unfortunately you don't acknowledge that.

Moreover you are again changing the subject. We were addressing your intemperate reactions to disagreement in almost any form. Repeatedly calling people liars or idiots is not a particularly effective form of persuasion, ande it degrades the quality of the thread for everyone.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 10:40 am
@georgeob1,
If they are 'deceptive' as you claim, you need to refute them with other credible sources that we can understand and believe.

That's what debate is all about.

I calls em the way I sees em.
0 Replies