This man claims to love me , but I am quite confused?

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 08:59 am
What does he mean he loves me in gA eneral and romantically (partially) Read below to see what hes written. I am confused does he love me? (Partially romantic , am I missing something?

"I love you; I do, but as I’ve said and you should know it’s not my natural state either; loving someone, that being said; I like to think I have a good handle on it for the most part, but as I mostly explained the other night, I can’t allow us to go too far with it, because as I said, I actually want to be with you, and you might think with that cute young brain of yours that we could make a long distance relationship work, well I’m telling you we can’t; the harder you love in those situations the more damage you do, trust me I know what I’m talking about (well I usually always do lol, but still), so no long distance relationship, that being said we are close enough to have a relationship of course, and while nothing would make me and you happier, that’s not going to happen for sometime; sadly, and wanting it how ever much isn’t going to change that, only the actions you and I take will.
So I think it’s important to dial back the “I love you’s” as they will only cause more pain in the long run, and it’s going to be a long time before we are together, again that being said I do love you, though more in a general sense than a romantic one (though of course still partly romantic), anyhow I just think we; though more you, need to get to a place where your going to be ok with this, as unfortunately your only other choice is to inevitable get heart broken over the time

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:02 am
@Tsukikochi,
He's written a full two paragraphs about love?

Are you sure he's actually male? As we usually manage about half a sentence.

She "I love you"

He "Yeah, I love you too"

Pause.

He "What's for tea?"
Tsukikochi

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:06 am
@Lordyaswas,
Yeah he has written that , and I am positive hes a male . He just confuses the me t death , and I am unsure f him .
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:08 am
@Tsukikochi,
If I rambled on like that to my better half she would think I had been at the magic mushrooms again.

I think maybe another female should have a go at answering you, as I find my mind goes hummmmmmm when I read more than a sentence or two of lovey stuff.
Sorry.
Tsukikochi

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:09 am
@Lordyaswas,
Oh, haha lol
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:13 am
@Tsukikochi,
I think it is pretty clear (and reasonable).

1) He has feelings for you.

2) He doesn't want to have a long distance relationship.

3) He is worried about both of you getting hurt based on your situation (it sounds like one of you is about to move away for a long time).

You know the situation better than we do, but I think he is acknowledging the fact that circumstances are about to make your relationship much more difficult. He wants to start the process of stepping down the relationship so that neither of you get hurt.

Feelings are difficult to express. He clearly feels deeply for you. But he also doesn't see how your relationship is going to work and wants to step back. I think he sees that your relationship is coming to an end.

I have been here, I think he is trying to be reasonable.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:15 am
@Tsukikochi,
He's telling you that there is to be no romantic relationship at this time.

He loves you, but is not in love with you in a romantic way.

He is trying to let you down gently. It seems you've been pushing him to have a long-distance romantic relationship and he is saying 'no'. It also seems that he finds you a bit too young right now.
Tsukikochi

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:20 am
@ehBeth,
I am quite confused on how he could love me, but does not love me fully all around. He talks of me pushing for a kinship when he clearly states he desires to be with me, and then he drives me aside. If you love someone in my understand people would do anything to make it work, and here is where I stand confused with him. This causes me believe he is running some kind of game, and I do not like to be a component of it, and I do not like heart strings being played with.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:27 am
Hummmmmmmmm....
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:29 am
@Tsukikochi,
He is letting you go. He doesn't think the relationship can work, and he is being honest about that. And he really doesn't want to hurt you.

The word "love" can be used in many ways. He clearly "loves" you in the sense cares about you and has feelings for you. He clearly isn't willing to "do anything to make it work".

What he is saying has been said millions of times in millions of relationships throughout time. He cares about you, but doesn't think the relationship will work. He wants you to start the process of healing and moving on.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:31 am
@Tsukikochi,
What you have posted by him does not read like a game. He seems to think you are taking the potential of a relationship far too seriously and is trying to make you understand that this is a friendship, not a romantic relationship at this time.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:37 am
@Tsukikochi,
Listen to what people are telling you.

He is letting you down easily. That's all. If it helps, substitute other names, and pretend this is a note to your sister or a female friend from some other guy. What sort of advice would you give that woman? What would you tell her the note meant?
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:43 am
@Tsukikochi,
No, no, no, you got it all wrong.
He is letting you down gently, he does not want to have a romantic relationship period!

Yet, he loves you like a daughter I guess and it obviously was difficult for him to express him ending the relationship (romantically). In essence he's saying you can be friends and it's him and not you, but he is not interested in a romantic long distance relationship.

Again, he is not interested in a romantic relationship, but has worded it in a way to let you down gently. Hopefully you accept this, as his love for you is a different kind, just like you'd say "I love my friends" but it's in no way a romantic gesture.

Move on to new pastures. ....
Tsukikochi

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:44 am
@jespah,
Not to worry, I am listening, and I'm just sad thinking of it. This is what he gets for looking for relationships with 20 year olds girls, and not someone of his age, I read every word seriously, but again thank you guys I have a fuller reason.
Tsukikochi

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:48 am
@CalamityJane,
Oh, goodness, I am so disgusted as of now, when he desires to have sex I am so mixed up. I will move on because I am beginning to get wild, and I guess he should simply go away. Oh, for heaven's sake.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:50 am
@Tsukikochi,
Good.

So.....what's for tea?
Tsukikochi

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:52 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lol you are funny:P
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:53 am
@Tsukikochi,
You have the right to be angry with the guy. That is a common response to the type of email this guy sent you. I can remember when I tried to express a similar sentiment the response was a vulgar version of "buzz off you disgusting anatomical feature".

All we are saying here is that you should accept that he is backing out of the relationship. We have no way to know what your relationship with him was like or if he was unfair to you... and it doesn't matter because you have the right to your feelings anyway.

The end of a relationship is always hard. I hope you can brush yourself off quickly. These things happen.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:53 am
@Lordyaswas,
Geez Lordy,

I have had deeper conversations with a glass of scotch.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:56 am
@maxdancona,
He's a Brit - tea is an essential ingredient to life - a favorite past time really "tea and pee" as they call it.

1. Forums
  2. » This man claims to love me , but I am quite confused?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 01:17:51