Should the republicans have control of congress?

2tfx

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 05:10 pm
I believe the GOP is to far right (think Nazi Germany). The further right they go the more frightening they become.

jespah

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 05:15 pm
@2tfx,
  1. If you really had a clue about Nazi Germany you would not say the Republicans are like them. I am hardly an apologist for the Republican Party but this kind of over the top rhetoric is nonproductive and downright wrong.
  2. Ladies and gentlemen, Godwin's Law in the first sentence! And
  3. Please don't keep hitting post. You keep duplicating your topics and they are a pain in the ass to clean up. Thank you.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 06:55 pm
@2tfx,
It's not a matter of "should." In a democracy such as the United States, it is the people who go to the polls and vote who decide who will have power and who will be denied power. Neither the Republicans nor the Democrats have pulled some kind of revolutionary coup and seized power. They've been elected to the positions they hold. And if any of them started to act like they and the Nazi party had a lot in common, the American people would vote them out of office so fast it would make your head spin.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 11:20 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I wish I was as sure of the voting public's intelligence as you are.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 12:15 am
@RABEL222,
It's really got nothing to with voters' intelligence. Rather, it's about the will of the people. If their choices turn out to be stupid, they still reflect that will. My point was that there's no point in talking about whether a party "should" have control because that's a decision the electorate has made, right or wrong.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 12:22 am
Ya. I am in favor of doing what we can to assure paralysis in Washington till/unless one of the two parties we have to choose from gets their head our there as or they lose their monopoly.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 01:16 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Ya. I am in favor of doing what we can to assure paralysis in Washington till/unless one of the two parties we have to choose from gets their head out of their ass or they lose their monopoly.

sorry
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 01:24 am
@2tfx,
It doesn't matter which party does what when all parties are controlled by the same elitists.
Governments do not make decisions - They just recite their scripts accordingly.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 08:35 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
It doesn't matter which party does what when all parties are controlled by the same elitists.
Governments do not make decisions - They just recite their scripts accordingly.

I'm sure you have no evidence whatever to substantiate this opinion, except references to other guesses for which you have no evidence.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 08:46 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
You win the BINGO game for today! The electorate/American voters who elect our reps into government positions.

The wonder of wonders is why the same people would rate congress' approval rating at 13%, then revote them back into office.

Is that a DUH? LOL
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 09:11 pm
@2tfx,
If the Republicans win the 6 seats they need (actually I think number is now 3) then they should have control of congress. That is how it works.
0 Replies