picking up the pieces

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 12:00 am
a couple of years ago i was in an abusive relationship, it started out great but went downhill rapidly i never cheated on her, yelled at her, never laid a finger on her or anything like that but when she would get angry even over tiny things like me being to tired to stay up she would get physically and verbally abusive i was put down i was beaten and i was even stabbed, i dont really want to get into details of what happened but i eventually broke up with her and now im picking up the pieces and trying to get my life back together.

I am completely over her but not over what she did to me it is at a point where i have professional help i now have extreme self esteem and trust issues and i literally cannot bring myself to trust anyone, it is at a point to where i literally cannot sleep in the same house as someone else and all of the doors in my place are locked at all times i get triggered by fast movements loud noises and people who are too close to me or in my personal space. Therapy has gotten me through alot but my therapist has even said my trust issues are so bad i will probably never be able to have a relationship or even date again... as of right now i agree i am to damaged to do this but my question is this... how can i work on this? i specifically mean work on my trust issues, i am not in a position to where i can just "put myself out there" i cant even have a normal conversation with a female my age in person and i want to know the ways to get over this if there are any?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 783 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 04:24 pm
You have to put this stuff in the PAST.

No one can hurt you now.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 04:26 pm
@shyandslow,
This is going to take a while. In the meantime, talk to your therapist some more about your anxiety, and see if there is anything that can be done.
0 Replies