• Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 634 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

luismtzzz

Fri 10 Oct, 2014 03:49 pm
@fredcasey,
Well there are many of them out there.

I prefer Drive for my cell phone back up. I s a service provided by google and i can access from any computer when i am in need. It offers a modest 15 gb for starts.

To share information i use Dropbox, it has a limited 2 gb from start but they inmediatedly start augementing your uploading capacity. It is useful since it works cross plataforms, can share a document with someone that uses ios.

Now to share archives openly in the net Mega is your option. It is also free has a good capacity and every time you upload something it generates an adress so you can post it on a blog for any one to download it.

There are other options as 4shared, but i like it more as an archive browser.

Hope this is useful.
cicerone imposter

Fri 10 Oct, 2014 04:20 pm
@luismtzzz,
I've also had the same question, so thanks for your input on the topic. I also have Dropbox, but the 2gb limit is a drag for people like me who takes thousands of pictures every year of my journeys. The one advantage is the easy access to my files.
luismtzzz

Sun 12 Oct, 2014 12:19 am
@cicerone imposter,
Hello Ci. Yes dropbox is great an easy to use but the size of the storage is very trouble some. For your case i will choose google´s Drive. Of course if you have an android phone. It has an option to instantly backup every pic you take with the phone when you find a wifi spot.

Drive is really easy to access since every android phone is always logged in to your gmail account it does not requires an activation procedure.
cicerone imposter

Sun 12 Oct, 2014 01:13 pm
@luismtzzz,
I'll look into "Drive." Thanks for the recommendation.
0 Replies